Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Chris's do some of everything build

Old 02-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #221
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
How did your fabricator 360 weld everything with the c pillar tubes coming strait down on the frame?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:33 AM   #222
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
All the tubes go through a plate then through the floor. The cage was tilted forward and lowered to be able to get all the way around the tubes. Then its was raised and the plates welded into into place. He had a problem tilting it enough with the top tubes going out of the cab and had to cut them off and get creative.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:29 AM   #223
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
It's looking like good progress Chris! Lenger doing the cage?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #224
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Thanks, Nah its acutally down here at a buddies shop http://www.halosupercars.com/web/

This way if I actually ever have time I can have a hand in it. Ive been to busy at work to actually do much but stop in and talk through design, but Matt you know what thats like these days also.

Should be headed to Lenger in a few weeks to throw the truck on the dyno and work on a tune.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #225
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
Thanks, Nah its acutally down here at a buddies shop http://www.halosupercars.com/web/

This way if I actually ever have time I can have a hand in it. Ive been to busy at work to actually do much but stop in and talk through design, but Matt you know what thats like these days also.

Should be headed to Lenger in a few weeks to throw the truck on the dyno and work on a tune.
I hear ya man. Although I found out if you injur yourself you get forced into a slowdown at work. It's been a quiet week!

Maybe I'll swing by Lenger when you go there seeing it's only a few miles up the highway.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
I hear ya man. Although I found out if you injur yourself you get forced into a slowdown at work. It's been a quiet week!

Maybe I'll swing by Lenger when you go there seeing it's only a few miles up the highway.

Sounds good I'll let you know when I'm going to be up there.

How did you hurt yourself?
Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #227
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
Sounds good I'll let you know when I'm going to be up there.

How did you hurt yourself?
Not sure. Could of been the weird positioning while welding large steel chem tanks. Pinched a disc according to the doc
Old 03-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #228

Alittle update. Cage phase 1 is done and I have the truck back at my house a few weeks ago to get stuff ready for the front portion of the cage. I have alot of wire cleanup/ rewiring to do under the dash.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #229

Oh yea I also changed up the front LED's to pick up some more light with a larger spread.

and got pissed off cutting to make mounts for the lights and picked this up

should make future projects much easier.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #230
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

Name: jordan
santabarbarataco's Tacoma Gallery
just read through this whole build... truck looks really good nice work!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by santabarbarataco View Post
just read through this whole build... truck looks really good nice work!

Thanks man.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #232

http://www.halosupercars.com/web/?p=845

better pics of cage and such in ^^^^^^^
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #233

Went to Lenger today and put the truck on his dyno. We were able to pickup 10 horse and and much smoother power delivery. Huge improvement on the road, now just need to see the difference in the dunes.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #234

Finishing up some wiring and cleanup.
The Aux fuse block:

Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #235

oh yea and my work being inspected:

Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #236
PELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPELLEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PELLEY's Tacoma Gallery
Very impressive sir!!! When I had my 02 years back I was working towards just about the same build. The mid travel with bypasses, stealth bed cage, I even wanted to do the half cage... Love the truck, keep up the good work!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #237

Thanks man. The first person that actually gets it .
Old 04-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #238
jhaines is on a distinguished road
Name: james
jhaines's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen supercharger

have the gray trd supercharger; looking for a install kit for it; have 2001 tacoma 4.3l prerunner; any ideas?
tom
Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post
have the gray trd supercharger; looking for a install kit for it; have 2001 tacoma 4.3l prerunner; any ideas?
tom

I'm not sure. Just call URD http://www.urdusa.com/ they can probably point you in the right direction.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #240
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
is that the bud built trac bar you were running?