Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Chris's do some of everything build

Old 11-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
you dont think a bypass shock will fit in there? http://www.polyperformance.com%2Fsho...s-p-18978.html
Old 11-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #22
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
only way to know for sure is to ask TC

but i highly doubt a 2.0 bypass will fit in the stock length arm hoop. tubes stick off pretty far from the shock body
Old 11-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #23
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post

but i highly doubt a 2.0 bypass will fit in the stock length arm hoop. tubes stick off pretty far from the shock body

I will get ahold of TC to find out. I emailed a few weeks back and never heard back so I have to get a chance to give them a call.

Plan two would be to run a smoothbody with a compression adjustable ressie like what I have in the rear now. Just kinda seems like a waste, almost cost as much with no where as much adjustment.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #24
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by livel0veryde View Post
you dont think a bypass shock will fit in there ?http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-18978.html

the link doesnt work. what were you showing?
Old 11-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
the link doesnt work. what were you showing?
odd its working for me. its total chaos's secondary shock hoop for the stock LCA
Old 11-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #26
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

a bypass shock will bolt up to the hoop no problem. it's when the hoop is installed you run into space issues clearing the bypass tubes and the UCA. i'm pretty sure only a smooth body shock will work
Old 11-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #27

Quote:
a bypass shock will bolt up to the hoop no problem. it's when the hoop is installed you run into space issues clearing the bypass tubes and the UCA. i'm pretty sure only a smooth body shock will work
i bet a set of those icon omega bypass shocks should work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOJkfxoJ4UY
Old 11-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #28

Quote:
i bet a set of those icon omega bypass shocks should work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOJkfxoJ4UY
can you even get these yet? Polyperformance says they are only preorder.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #29

you can get them directly from Icon right now, but they are built to order so it can take a few weeks for them to get built.

and FYI those bad boys are about $800 per shock
Old 11-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #30

Im ok with 800 per shock if they can also be used if I finally give in and go long travel. I have to make some phone calls and get this figured out.
I havent had the time I had hoped for so far so I need to get the ball rolling if I am going to get this thing done this winter. I'll see if the guys are ready to build the bedcage and that will give me time to figure the rest of the details.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #31
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You could get the shocks custom made with the bypass tubes out of the way of the arm
Old 11-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #32

Quote:
odd its working for me. its total chaos's secondary shock hoop for the stock LCA

ordered them today so should know soon enough what will fit.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
ordered them today so should know soon enough what will fit.
awesome!! im keeping close tabs on your build
Old 11-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #34

took the truck through the mud again yesterday so I mocked up some better sheilds for the K&N intake to keep it off. Worked well but couldn't figure out why there was some muddy water getting to it. Then after the third time I opened the hood I realized it was coming off the hood when I opened it.

First rough design, now time for a final product.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
awesome build man

Thanks man.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #37
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
how do you plan to do the lower mounts for the 2nd shock on the stock lowers?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
how do you plan to do the lower mounts for the 2nd shock on the stock lowers?
I ended up ordering the TC kit which comes with a lower mount. I recieved the kit yesterday and hopefully will get it installed in the next couple weeks.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #39

For those wondering about the secondary shock.

I will start out by saying that the guys at downsouth are the best. Marco did some research and it sounds like we need a shock that will compress to 15.10 and I cant remember the extended length. Anyhow fox currently is building a prototype shock that TC is going to be testing soon that will be application specific. Sounds like there is a king shock that will work avaliable now.

So I ordered 16" travel triple bypass foxes for the rear.
I am going to wait it out for a little bit on the secondary to see what shakes out with fox, because it is being built to match up with my front coilover.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #40

Finally got a chance to put my fenders back on after painting them.