LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Chris's do some of everything build

Old 12-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #41
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i just got done putting mine back on too. working on some other stuff right now

will post pics when i'm done
Old 12-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #42
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i just got done putting mine back on too. working on some other stuff right now

will post pics when i'm done
Cool looking forward to check out the pics, your truck always looks awsome.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #43
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Look what the cat dragged in today.
ended up getting triples after talking to Downsouth.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #44
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Why no Long Travel?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #45

I want to stay as narrow as possible since the truck sees alot of tight trails. I will probably end up spring under but want to try to stay spring over and see how well it can do.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #46
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of trails we talking about? I have LT up front and do a lot of trail wheeling as well. The tires don't stick out too far.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #47

I will probably end up LT. I do alot of different wheeling and trying to fit where a jeep can go can already be difficult. Thats why I figure I will get the back to where I want it, then decision on the front will be made.

Edit: trails in the woods up north are probably the tighest. Last trip I ended up with all kinds of scratches on the fenders.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #48
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
front LT is prob over kill for what you do, and def counter productive if you are trying to stay narrow.

spring under can def help you though, especially with those fox's you just picked up. it's just alot of fab...

have you seen these bad boys? they are a great product

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...r-p-19052.html
Old 12-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #49

[QUOTE=nelson18matt;4189033]
spring under can def help you though, especially with those fox's you just picked up. it's just alot of fab...

have you seen these bad boys? they are a great product

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...tml[/QUOTE]

The fab work for the spring under is not a problem, the time to get it done is another story. Once Lenger is done with the bedcage we will see how it works and how much time I have, or if I just have them do it.

I already have the TC secondary shock hoop. Just waiting to see what comes of a fox/TC development on a part specific shock. We are starting to get snow here so I have a few month until Silver lake opens again.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #50

Got some Total Chaos stuff in. Oh yea also got an Allpro ubolt flip.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #51

Decided to get the truck ready for a snow wheeling trip. I took the airbumps out (plan on moving them when put the bypasses on). Put on the allpro ubolt flip I've had laying around along with some Daystar polybumps. Now we just need the snow. Hope to start the Secondary shock hoop next week.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #52

made some progress on the front of the truck today.

sway bar link cut off and ground down

Lower shock mount tacked up and then hoop mocked up and tacked.

Just need to pull the mock up shocks out finish the welds and paint it up. Also decided time for tie rod ends and lower ball joints.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #53
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. any word on when those shocks are gonna be out?
Old 01-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by livel0veryde View Post
looks good. any word on when those shocks are gonna be out?
Thanks, the worst part is cutting the sway bar tab off and grinding it clean. Really made me think then next major purchase wont be a tubing bender but should be a plasma cutter.

No word on when the bypass will be avaliable so for the time being going to have downsouth turn my 2.0 RR from the back into a short enough shock to use for now. Then at least it will have a compresion adjuster. King is suppose to have a shock that will work but I would rather stay fox if I can.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #55
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
do your rear shocks bottom out before the suspension??
Old 01-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
do your rear shocks bottom out before the suspension??
I dont have the shocks for the hoop yet. The shocks in the pic aren't nitogen charged so they are good for mock up.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #57
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

im talking about these bad boys
do they bottom out? how hard was it to tune them? trying to do this set up soon

Old 01-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #58

Sorry just assumed.

I set it up to bottom the airbump just before the shock bottoms. It is all setup as the spring goes flat. I set it up with Icon 3 AAL and then switched to Deaver J59 so I loosing out on about 1" of droop . The shocks are mounted at 20 degree off vertical measured from ride height. It wasnt to hard to tune the shocks just called Downsouth and gave them the info needed. I wish I woulld have gone for a shorter travel airbump, but they were purchased with future setup more in mind than the current. Adjusting isn't difficult just adjust airbump pressure and clicker on the shock till I got it were I wanted it.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #59

are all the fox smoothies from dsm like yours? it would be awesone to have the adjustability
Old 01-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #60

They can add adjusters to the 2.0 smooth bodies. You have to tell them you want the option but it does cost more.

Products Discussed in this Thread