Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Chris's do some of everything build

Old 10-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Chris's do some of everything build

most current pic at the moment:

2001 TRD 4x4, 3.4, 5 speed
Current mods:
Engine:
TRD Gen2 supercharger
URD 2.2 Pulley
URD 7th injector
JBA Headers
Magnaflow 18" muffler dumped before axle
K&N Gen 2 Intake
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Trailgear motor mounts
4x Innovations Tranny mount
4.88 gears

Front Suspension
Camburg UCA
Fox 2.5 RR Coilovers
Fox 2.0 RR with compresion knob
Total Chaos Secondary shock Hoop
Daystar Bumps
Total Chaos spindle gussets and coil bucket gussets
Glassworks 3.5 Fenders

Rear Suspension
Deaver E30
Fox 16" travel 2.5 3 tube bypass
Fox 2.0 4" travel airbumps
TC 12 shackles over the frame
Allpro Ubolt flip with TC plates
Trailgear frame plates
Trailgear box kit
Fiberwerks 4.5 bedsides

Wheels / tires
Motometal 951 17x9 4.53 backspace
Procomp extreme mudterrian 265/70/17

Others
Allpro front bumper modified http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-modified.html
Allpro Skids
4X Innovations Sliders
Custom rear bumper
Corbeau Baja Rs seats

That should cover the important stuff.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Now how I got to the above.

I was looking for a truck that could go out with our quads and be a Support / film vehichle. Went to the dealship and couldn't find a TRD 4x4 with a 5speed new, but came up with this one factory preowned 2 years old with 20,000 miles on it.

I then picked up a Westin safari lightbar, some PIAA's, a gibson exhaust, and K&N gen 2. Also slapped on a set of cheap rims had sitting around and put 31x10.50x15 BFG Mud terrians

Old 10-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #3

Then I added the TRD Gen 2 Supercharger, flowmaster super 40, Fabtech 2.5 coilovers, and Bilstein HD in the back. Also switched to Motometal rims.
This was all an attempt to pull the quad trailer to the dunes so I didn't always have to take 2 trucks. You can see the trailer in the background.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #4

I then put the Icon 3 pk AAL and 8.5 travel 5150's and allpro greasable shackles.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #5

so this brings us to about a year and a half ago when I decided to dial back on my obsesion with quads and start getting into wheeling trucks again.

Trip to the badlands

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p...at%20Badlands/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFNnQMCxTEE?version=3

Silver Lake

Old 10-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #6

This resparked my obsesion with wheeling and I started picking up parts and taking stuff off.

and made some custom stuff

and the bumper: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-modified.html
Old 10-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #7

So the next stage of the journey is building a truck that can perform like a prerunner but still fit down tight trails.

This winters plan:

rear sua probably. Maybe just over the frame shackles on my current springs (kinda want to try to see what its like).

16" bypasses with bedcage and hoop behind cab to tie into a cab cage later.

Front secondary shockhoop.

Let hear about what you think of the truck so far, any more pics you want to see, and were you think the build should go.

thanks,
chris
Old 10-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
cool build. whats the secondary front shock hoop for? are you gona run bypass shocks with the stock lower control arm?
Old 10-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by livel0veryde View Post
cool build. whats the secondary front shock hoop for? are you gona run bypass shocks with the stock lower control arm?

Most likely. Still trying to figure out exactly what size shock I can fit, but also like having the extra support on the upper coil mount.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post

Most likely. Still trying to figure out exactly what size shock I can fit, but also like having the extra support on the upper coil mount.
that would be really cool, cant wait to see if if you go that route.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
red truck, black fiberglass
Old 10-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
red truck, black fiberglass

You starting a new trend.

I told Tim at glassworks anything but white. Kind of diggin it, but planning on repainting the whole truck after I get rears and probably a hood.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #13

some more pics

and some of my bed setup:

Old 10-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #14

painted the grill surround today.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #15

Because of my coilover ressies I had to remove the washer bottle so here is my solution. PVC and some endcaps, worked well so far.

Also decided to do a Raptor spray in bedliner
Old 11-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #16

My airfilter after hitting a mud hole and outwear got covered in mud and the supercharger pulling hard for air.

And what it looks like under the hood after a fresh filter/outerware and alittle cleaning.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #17

is this kinda what your thinking for you front? i just found this last night dont know if youv seen it yet or not http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-18978.html
Old 11-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by livel0veryde View Post
is this kinda what your thinking for you front? i just found this last night dont know if youv seen it yet or not http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-18978.html

Ya I just havent figured out if I am going to buy the TC kit or do a variation on it. I havent been able to find what shock size will fit the TC. I also would like to tie a hoop through the engine compartment between the two.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
TC has the Long travel and stock application, one for 8" bypass longtravel kits, and the other is like a 6" i think RR. good build by the way
thanks man. Since I am sticking with stock width as long as I can handle it I want to be able to shove at least a 2.0 bypass in there so I have some tuneability. Thats where I am hung up and havent pulled the trigger.