Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TROKITA'S Build Tacoma

View Poll Results: looks good???
Yes 50 78.13%
No 14 21.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Wink TROKITA'S Build Tacoma

Currently how it's sitting...Nothing too noticeable on the body but new pin striping and the tire rack.

Well sence some people make a thread of there truck imma put mine to this is my build... I got it with the lift already, it has a trail master lift,yes me know TM lift sucks, but its work really well for me and love it.
Its in a way better condition sense i got it, problems that it had was: knock sensor had to be replaced, alternator was bad, replaced rear shox, rear shaft was bend and leaking gear oil, spark plugs were really bad...replaced, tires were shot. and thats about it... all the work I've done by myself.

Updated, 9/26/12: last month i was street racing and one of my ball joints decided to give out....had to be towed back home Balljoint broke,CV axle broke off, tie rod was gone and the lift broke. Took awhile but replaced everything with new parts, had to take of the old lift off and put on a newer lift on... fun and learning experience.

Bought and extra transmission, and the shaft's Center cardian, going to buy a transfer case soon, and saving up for an extra engine.

6inch lift, trailmaster lift
33x12.50/15 Duratrac's
fabtech angle tire mount
magnaflow
1.5 inch wheel spacers
Installed the quick release mudflaps to keep the popo's happy
custom moon roof
TRD Supercharger

how it sat when i got it

Had the fabtech tire mount but upgraded... keep scrolling down to find out why

you can see how it doesn't quite fit snugged to the sealing

installed a thule rack and put a surfboard on it just for look's, currently dont have it nomore.

installed my quick release police repellent

this is how it sits when ever i go riding

Bought me some TG slider that currently are sitting in my garage cause i haven't found someone to install them for me. i would do it but i dont have a welder

Got a full intake for 40 dollars... currently waiting for the MAF sensor cause i have the older version

Installed my Tire rack and Military tool box

Here's a picture of when i was replacing the whole front end, didn't really take pictures cause i was trying to finish it and forgot to take some pic's
Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
you have a discounted trail master lift
Old 10-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang123 View Post
you have a discounted trail master lift
do they still exist ???
Old 10-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROKITA View Post

Bought and extra transmission, and the shaft's Center cardian, going to buy a transfer case soon, and saving up for an extra engine.
why, why, and why?

Pretty good looking truck, looks mean.

And whats up with the plastic in the wheel wells? To keep it legal because of the tires sticking out? Looks kinda funny...rip em out
Old 10-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Wolfrunner is on a distinguished road

Army: Instructor, 3/414th D. Co.
Wolfrunner's Tacoma Gallery
those lift kits suck cause they replace the upper control arm and if that extra strut deal wears out and leaks good luck finding another one. then you have to find a new upper control arm and lift kit if you ever want to get it back to normal. Pics of the supercharger?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #6

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
why, why, and why?

And whats up with the plastic in the wheel wells? To keep it legal because of the tires sticking out? Looks kinda funny...rip em out
why have an extra tranny... because i bought it for 100 dollars with 80k miles on it. and because my truck has 185k miles on it and a S/C, and alot of people on ttora told me that with that many miles on it and a S/C that tranny goes out quicker. And the transfer case, because im getting it for 100 bucks too
Old 10-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #7

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
why, why, and why?

and the plastics came with the truck...ya it does look funny there garden plastics... i took them off but i got a fix it ticket and i had to put them back on... but i took them off again im just waiting for the mudflap bracket to get here so i can put just the mudflaps on just so i wont get fucked by the cops again :/
Old 10-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #8

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfrunner View Post
those lift kits suck cause they replace the upper control arm and if that extra strut deal wears out and leaks good luck finding another one. then you have to find a new upper control arm and lift kit if you ever want to get it back to normal. Pics of the supercharger?
ya i know but its cool because i just got new upper control arms from a guy and both wheel hubs with the bearings for 20 dollars and a sway bar and a skid plate. so im fine when it comes to getting a new lift
Ill post pics of the S/C soon i need to clean it.....its dirty
Old 10-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
manual or auto? I wanna see a pic of this custom moonroof
Old 10-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #10

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
manual or auto? I wanna see a pic of this custom moonroof
it an automatic and ya ill take pics of the moon roof and S/C and post it tomorrow
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #11
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
was the moon roof a kit? i have been thinking about getting one but kinda worried about install. I was hoping i could find some kind of manual sliding moon roof without a cover (on the inside of the cab) i figured that would help keep install simple and keep the moon roof fairly cheap. I tried looking online for like a "cut a hole in your roof and drop this bitch in kit" but i cant seem to find ANYTHING!!! so if you could offer and help on that please do!!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #12

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang123 View Post
was the moon roof a kit? i have been thinking about getting one but kinda worried about install. I was hoping i could find some kind of manual sliding moon roof without a cover (on the inside of the cab) i figured that would help keep install simple and keep the moon roof fairly cheap. I tried looking online for like a "cut a hole in your roof and drop this bitch in kit" but i cant seem to find ANYTHING!!! so if you could offer and help on that please do!!
ya mines a Manuel you can pop on open or take it off completely it doesn't slide open let me go and take a picture of it so you can see it be right back
Old 10-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #13

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Put the pic of the S/C and the custom Moonroof
Old 10-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
nice!!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #15

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
rate it
Old 10-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #16
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
What happened to your mileage when you did the S/C? Did you add the 7th injector as well?

Love the sunroof..mine came with one from factory but its essentially the same design.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #18

TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzac View Post
What happened to your mileage when you did the S/C? Did you add the 7th injector as well?

Love the sunroof..mine came with one from factory but its essentially the same design.
idk know if my mileage sucks "/ i got the truck like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
good looking truck how do you like your wheels?
Thanks i love my wheels had them for a year now. just came back from a trail run and they were great
Old 10-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #19
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Had fun tonight dude. Thanks for coming along.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #20

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
pics?