Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

MMyota's 01 Dcab Build

Old 02-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #41
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMyota View Post
new tail lights
what was wrong with the old ones?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #42
MMyota is on a distinguished road

Army: 1-15 INF 3ID
Name: Brandon
MMyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran View Post
Your truck looks sick with the 35's man! I'm planning on tubing my fenders soon, any advice?
Yeah welding sheet metal sucks! LOL... other than that its pretty straight forward. I didnt mount and unmount my tire a gazillion times to see if it was good i just made my lines with a marker and went to cutting. On the bottom of the fender there are 2 nuts i ran my line right between the 2 of them. Thatll give you a idea of how far back i went. I kept the flares and just unbolted them and trimmed to fender on the inside.If that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
what was wrong with the old ones?
Nothing wrong with them. I already had these from my last tacoma. i figured since i was going with all the black stuff id put on black taillights as well.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #43
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:

Nothing wrong with them. I already had these from my last tacoma. i figured since i was going with all the black stuff id put on black taillights as well.
looking to sell just the lenses?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #44

MMyota's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got around to hooking up the 4wd light on the gauge cluster. The transformation is complete
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #45
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
this is a very nice 1st gen build.
subscribed...
Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 AM   #46
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally got around to hooking up the 4wd light on the gauge cluster. The transformation is complete
So the Prerunner's have the 4wd light in the dash? How did you go about hooking it up?
Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #47

MMyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
So the Prerunner's have the 4wd light in the dash? How did you go about hooking it up?
Yep its in there no bulb but you can use another bulb( washer resevoir)

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182608
Old 03-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #48

MMyota's Tacoma Gallery
winch installed not wired yet though im exhausted and didnt feel like doing it tonight.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #49
Hanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to beholdHanz is a splendid one to behold
Name: Doug
Hanz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
winch installed not wired yet though im exhausted and didnt feel like doing it tonight.
Nice! Did you fabricate the mounting yourself?

I like the subtle look.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #50

MMyota's Tacoma Gallery
yep fabbed it up a couple months ago finally got around to ordering the winch though.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #51
reynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
reynosa1's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck ,, now i wich i still had my 2001
Old 03-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #52

MMyota's Tacoma Gallery
Well pretty eventful weekend started out friday installing a 3in toytec lift on my buddies taco after work only took 3 hrs. Then attempted to wire my winch only to discover it didnt work( would go in and made a horrible grinding on out, engo is setting it straight though no worries). Went wheeling at the great american park satuday to break in my buddies new lift. Sunday welded up some nerf bars for a coworker and helped another coworker change some lower balljoints on his kids truck. Well enough talking ill let yall see some pics of all the action.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #53

MMyota's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders just showed up only problem is there is supposed to be 8 mounting legs. Damn more waiting...
Old 03-15-2012, 03:24 AM   #54
Bo 159 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
Bo 159's Tacoma Gallery
your truck is sweet, its gonna be cool to see where you go with this pick up. mind if i ask what the cost ran you to put in the manual trans? i have always wondered how much it is. i want mine to be a 5 speed
Old 03-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #55

MMyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo 159 View Post
your truck is sweet, its gonna be cool to see where you go with this pick up. mind if i ask what the cost ran you to put in the manual trans? i have always wondered how much it is. i want mine to be a 5 speed
Well actually the 5 speed and tcase and front diff where all free. They came off of a 2000 tacoma that i flipped back in 08. But with that being said i was able to source a 5speed tranny and tcase with driveshafts for $400 after my cousin blew his up in his 04 tacoma 2.7.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #56
Bo 159 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
Bo 159's Tacoma Gallery
sweet deal. do you have any idea what it usually would cost if you didnt get those parts from the other tacomas?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #57
WV, VA, NC places i roam in the Yota
Jsimp will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
damn got three sick ass rides. my friend has that same dually with a 12ich lift and only 35's... gas milage -3
Old 08-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #59
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
something with the rear(bobtail, bed bob, bumper?)
Did you ever do this?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #60
ArmyRanger is on a distinguished road
Army: Combat Engineer, 2nd Bat, 1st Infantry/ 2nd Bat, 75th Ranger Reg.
Name: Mitch
ArmyRanger's Tacoma Gallery
Just gonna start off with saying YOU ARE THE MAN for doing the 4x4 swap all the posts I've read everyone says to trade it but you did it! I have the same truck a 04 v6 TRD Prerunner, auto trans on 265/85/18 dick cepek black and silver. I wanna do the same thing to mine and have been reading and compiling info so I will probably get on here and pick your brain once in a while if you don't mind, the yota looks great btw! thanks for your service as well