Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

CRAINZ277'S BUILD

Old 11-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
crainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant future

crainz277's Tacoma Gallery
CRAINZ277'S BUILD

I figured I should start one of these and get some feedback. Well my truck is an 02 double cab, non trd, 4x4. I'm the third owner and bought it bone stock with 63,000 miles on it. Initially all I wanted was a modest lift that would acommodate a 32" tire. So I went with a 2" spacer lift:

this is the truck with just a 2" spacer up front and nothing in the rear. I didn't mind the look and a minor bro lean. What did bother me was bouncing for a few seconds after every bump I went over. This led me to think I needed new shocks/struts to dampen the preloaded springs. That's about the time when I found tacomaworld.

So then I upgraded to the 5100's with an 1.5" block..I don't think I have pics. To be honest I don't exactly remember the progression of lift combinations I have had.

I believe this pic is with the 2" spacer and a 1.5" block

Then at some point..when I got the new 5100's I ended up stacking lifts(big no no)..I didn't know at the time. I wanted about a 3" lift so I had the 5100's set at the middle setting AND the 2" spacer in there. I also added an 1.5" aal to the 1.5" block.

This is a picture of that lift with my new cap(scored for $200) and my small winter tires(I don't run my chrome wheels in the winter)

While I had that lift in I wanted to have the same size winter tire as I had in the summer (265/75/16) or 32"..so I gave my coopers to my friend and bought some Goodyear wrangler authorities off of him:

I think this is right so far..

Then I found that the stacked lift I had was not recommended(also rode terrible) so after some research on TW I upgraded my IFS to the 620lb eibach coils. I also got new bushings,strut bearing plates, and a diff drop:

Here's a pic of that lift with my summer wheels and tires: chrome moto metal 955's with BFG TA 265/75/16

Then after having the GY authorities, I liked the look of them so much I wanted them on my moto metal wheels...So I had them swapped. After swap:

That was in the summer, I run the bfg's in the winter on my factory wheels.

Overall I am just looking for a capable truck. I wanted something with a modest lift to acommodate a larger aggressive tire. I am all about "enhancing" my toys so that's why I went for the upgraded suspension. Nothing crazy just reliable, capable if needed, and nice looking.

Current mods:

misc:
Kobalt low profile toolbox
Tinted front windows and windshield strip
avs bug deflector and window visors
10" kenwood sub
4 new alpine 5x7" speakers
Kenwood head unit
Raptor liner spray in bedliner
fiberglass ARE camper top(painted silver for $100)
new corner lights
Toyota front asthetically pleasing "skid plate"
husky liners front and back

wheels and tires:
summer: 265/75/16 Goodyear wrangler authority on chrome moto metal 955 wheels(16")
Winter: 265/75/16 BFG AT on factory wheels

suspension:

eibach coils/5100 adjustable strut @ 0, diff drop

Rear: Factory leafs with a 3" Tuff country AAL, wheeler's extended rear brake line. Custom made BPV bracket, Bilstein 5100 shocks.

Performance:
Deck plate mod, synthetic oil, occasional sea foam..regular maintainence

Future mods:

Light racing UCA's - Installed
energy suspension steering rack bushing kit- Installed
trail gear rock sliders-purchased
color match chrome grill to silver-Done

Some mild flexing up at my camp

Old 11-11-2011, 01:30 AM   #2
Bo 159 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
Bo 159's Tacoma Gallery
thought i should be the first one to comment lol. good looking tacoma there sir
Old 11-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #3
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
first gen double cab! Good job so far!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
Bo 159 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
Bo 159's Tacoma Gallery
from what i see on pictures, those are going to make quite a big difference offroading. put em on and get some pics!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
Rhino is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
hows your suspension? im gettin ready to upgrade mine, how do the 5100's feel in the rear and how are the eibach coils?
Old 11-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
crainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant futurecrainz277 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
hows your suspension? im gettin ready to upgrade mine, how do the 5100's feel in the rear and how are the eibach coils?
The shocks and stuts are great..I have no complaints. I'm a fan of the eibach coils, and I know a lot of other people are as well. They ride a little stiff, but that could be relieved with a little extra weight up front. I would also recommend uca's and a diff drop if you choose to go with them. I'm very particular and I want my alignment numbers to be dead on so I bought uca's..they're not crucial though. Also as I'm sure you've read, you'll want a diff drop with them to relieve the cv angles.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #12
IllinoisTaco is on a distinguished road
IllinoisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck man! Love the color....

But maybe im partial to that color. Just wish i could do the lift and all the stuff you did. Im not much of a mechanic.

here is my truck. 02 double non TRD

Old 01-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Like the truck dude. I've got a 2" spacer to on mine, and I want to switch to the Eibach coils and Bilsteins.

You got a 10" inch sub in your double? Is it behind the rear seat? If so, some pictures would be nice.

Keep up the good work!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #14
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
Clean truck man.
What cv's are those?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Like the truck dude. I've got a 2" spacer to on mine, and I want to switch to the Eibach coils and Bilsteins.

You got a 10" inch sub in your double? Is it behind the rear seat? If so, some pictures would be nice.

Keep up the good work!
It's actually behind the passenger seat on the floor. It has quick disconnects so If I need the leg room I can take it out quick. I'm actually thinking of maybe switching to behind the rear seat..so I can just leave it.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebro 5 View Post
Clean truck man.
What cv's are those?
I got the CV's from autoparts international..I have a family member that works there so I was able to get a really good deal on them. They are nothing special. From what I can see they seem to be about the same quality as the duralasts from autozone.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Such a sick truck!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #19
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work so far man, I like it!