Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

BVCOTaco Build Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
BVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to behold
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
BVCOTaco Build Thread

Just picked up my first Tacoma this past weekend. I have always wanted a Tacoma and now I have on to build! I used to have a 97 Wrangler that was pretty well modded too, but sold that earlier this year. I think the Tacoma will be more practicle for camping and exploring the Rocky Mountains.

Here is a pic of the Tacoma the day I got it.

And here is what it looked like by the end of day 2. I removed the ladder rack and shell. Also got a set of black steelies and 31" BFG KM2's mounted on it that I got off Craigslist.

The lift install should be coming in early January...

UPDATE 1/24/11
I finally got around the installing the complete OME lift kit from Wheeler's Offroad. Here is the pic of the truck after the Install. I forgot the measure the front height before the coilover were installed. But right after taking the truck off the jack stands, the rear lift (measured to the bottom of the receiver hitch) was a total of 4-5/8". I assume this will settle about an inch over time.

Here is a picture of the Front Suspension

Now next on the list is a set of Lightforce lights for the bumper, a winch and some skid plates (either Budbuilt or Skid Row)
Old 11-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
looks sick
Old 12-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 12-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
BVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to beholdBVCOTaco is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Littlebro 5! Your truck looks pretty sweet. I really like the silver taco's with black wheels, nice look. How much lift do you have to clear those 33's? Do you have any rubbing issues up front? I am thinking about a 2-3" suspension lift and would like to eventually get 33's. This isn't my DD, so I plan on setting it up for crawling out here in the Rockies.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
98cbtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
98cbtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
thats a good looking truck after you added new wheels, bumper looks real good on it too!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
niiicceeeeee
Old 12-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking rig
Old 01-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
nice! the front wheels look like they rub though
No rubbing with these 31's. It was previously used as a work truck so the suspension is completely wore out. The front only has about 1-1/2" to 2" of travel until the bump stops hit and the rear is just as bad. The leaf springs are done as well. Hope to have a new 3" OME suspension ordered by the end of the week!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
Good looking rig
Thanks man!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
Finished the lift install last night. New pictures posted in the first thread! I was thinking I was going to have to go with a bigger tire then the 31's that are on there, but I think I can live with the 31's.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #12
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice, what coils did you use 881/882? and whats the measurment from the ground to the bottom of your front fender at it's highest point?

http://www.expeditionswest.com/equip...bfg_mt_km.html This is a good read for fitting larger tires 255/85-16 aka 33.5"
Old 07-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #13
I used 883 coils, which were a little high until I installed my Warn 10,000 lb winch about a month ago. That helped settle the front down. I believe the 883's are the same height as the 881's, but have a higher spring rate. I have an ARB, winch and heavy skid row skid plates, so I wanted something that wasn't going to settle too much with the weight.
I will try and get the front fender measurements this afternoon.