Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

HADDIX - 03 DoubleCab TRD build

Old 11-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
HADDIX - 03 DoubleCab TRD build

I'd like to start this thread with what my plans are for this truck and what I expect of it. I mainly want this truck to be good all around. I want to be able to tackle the rocks one weekend and travel wherever I want to go thr next weekend. I'm more of an expedition type of guy than a rock crawler. I want to be able to point my truck in any direction and be able to go that way.

Lets start with how i ended up with this truck. I traded my 07 Camry SE for this 03 Tacoma Double Cab 4wd. After selling my 4runner in 2010 I was happy to be back in the 4wd Toyota family. Here is the build to my old 3rd gen 4runner.
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ld-thread.html

Tacoma as of 12/31/12

Sliders, custom rear bumper, Arb front bumper,Softopper, SAW coilovers,Dakar leafs, OME Nitrocharger sports, 255/85 KM2

When I traded it had a hard cover on, that was taken off the same day. Here is the first pic I have of the truck.
Bone stock. I actually planned on keeping it that way for a while but that lasted a week.
Couple more pics while stock.

I tinted the front windows and added some sliders I had made locally.

I hated not really being able to leave anything in the bed. I went back and forth between a leer topper or a softopper and decided on the softopper because I wanted to be able to take it on and off easily. Plus I think the softopper looks bad ass.

I have alcan leafs sitting in the garage and plan on going with 255/85 KM2 and bilstein all around.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
i like the double cab
too bad i needed the long bed
Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Looking good. Really like the soft-top.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:31 AM   #4
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
nice lookin truck. you may want add kick outs to those sliders mine have saved me from body damage on more then one occasion.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Can you drive with the topper on the freeway?
Old 11-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #6

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebro 5 View Post
i like the double cab
too bad i needed the long bed
I prefer the cab room oer the bed length so the dcab is perfect for me. I can understand how it would be to small for some people though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
Looking good. Really like the soft-top.
Thanks. Yeah the softop is my favorite mod so far. I love the versatility with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livel0veryde View Post
nice lookin truck. you may want add kick outs to those sliders mine have saved me from body damage on more then one occasion.
Yeah kickouts may be something I add down the line but I really dont like the look of the kickout all that much. I know it serves a purpose but these sliders will do just fine for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Can you drive with the topper on the freeway?
Oh yeah. So far Ive had it up to 80 just to check and see if it was going to stay lol. Never moved one time and now I dont worry about it back there. The first week I was constantly checking to make sure it was still back there lol
Old 12-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #7

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Couple updates..Made an IFS skid and had a buddy make a rear bumper for me. Ill get better pics of the rear when I get it painted. Will be ordering the rest of my suspension this week as well.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #8
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddix View Post
Couple updates..Made an IFS skid and had a buddy make a rear bumper for me. Ill get better pics of the rear when I get it painted. Will be ordering the rest of my suspension this week as well.

Looks good, I'm liking the license plate mod
Old 12-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #9

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Haha thanks it's the only thing I could think of. Had to drive around like this
For about a week.

After I paint it I'm going to mount it over the hitch.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
That skid is badass...where can I get one?
Old 12-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #11

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotrd647 View Post
That skid is badass...where can I get one?
I am actually going to start making a few things for the Tacoma. Hopefully full skids, frame plates, plate bumpers and a few other things. Everything is laser cut and the skids are 3/16" steel. PM me if your interested!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good bro. Checked out your 4run build too. Nice. Makes me look forward to what you may have planned for the Taco.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #13

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man. Yeah I absoluely loved my 4runner and I wasnt even 100% set of selling it but I posted up a feeler thread about selling it and a guy called me that day and drove down 2 days later from Baltimore(im in KY) to buy it. Couldnt pass it up. I do miss it but the double cab has eased the pain haha
I cant wait to get a few more thing done to this rig. To me there's nothing like driving around in a built Toyota.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #14

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a few PM's about the Front IFS skid. The skid is CNC plasma cut 3/16th USA steel. It's heavy duty. These pics are close to the final one.

The final design will have the oil drain hole a little smaller and moved up about an inch and the bolt holes will be oblong for better adjust ability while mounting.
I will be selling them for $200 plus shipping. Will be shipped bare steel but may be able to get powder-coated for an additional cost.
PM me if interested.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #15

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Can also leave out the holes on the skid (no charge)or can add some kind of lettering for $15 extra.
If you need any smaller pieces like gussets or anything like that cut out PM me can have them done within a day or so.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #16

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a set of SAW coilovers today. Also calling around to see what's the best price Im gonna get on some 255 KM2's. They will be ordered sometime next week.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Just read through your 4runner build, you turned it into a beast man! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the taco.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #19

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
Sub'd.

Looking great bud!
Thanks man! Your 4runner is looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran View Post
Just read through your 4runner build, you turned it into a beast man! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the taco.
Haha thanks I agree it was a beast. I loved it. Sometimes I regret selling it but I before I even got the 4runner I was after a dcab tacoma but settled for the 4runner. It was a great rig but I love my Tacoma. I will love it even more in a couple weeks!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #20

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on a set of 255/85 KM2's this morning! Next week is finals week so hopefully ill have time to get everything installed.