Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Taco Man in HD's Build Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #21
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir1123 View Post
badass truck
Thanks, your truck looks sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post
sick truck
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
looks great. i'm considering the all pro rear wrap bumper. can you post up the rear with the all pro wrap bumper?

Old 02-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #22
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #23
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

should be a busy weekend for the tacoma!

received my 5100's from DSM...
received my Eibach's from ToyTec...
(just putting on rears for now, fronts have to wait until spring break for assembly)

received LED's from eBay for "raptor mod"...
received second replacement bulb from DDM...
trying the dome light resistor mod...

currently considering buying mesh from to make a flush mount m4 grille.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #24
DC TRD MallRunner

Old 03-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #25
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
looking good!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #26
DC TRD MallRunner

1. got the rear 5100's on
2. got the "raptor mod" mocked up (4 LED's)
3. ordered taco lean spacer and longer studs from wheeler's offroad (will be installed with coilovers in two weeks)

just ordered 10" sub box (behind passenger seat)! (still need a sub that will fit)
http://caraudiofactory.com/2001-toyo...ner-p-386.html

what do you guys think about this spacing for my LED's? (photoshop idea)
Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #27
Jnizzle is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
Jnizzle's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh so many ideas from this build! Shes a beaut man!!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #28
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Awesome bumpers bro!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #29
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnizzle View Post
Ahhh so many ideas from this build! Shes a beaut man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Awesome bumpers bro!
Thanks, guys! I love your truck, Hiatt.

I got some work done today.

Finished wiring up "raptor mod". (Last picture is with my 55w 6k DDM HID's)

Plugged in my LED panel. (I still need resistors)

Test-fit my 10" subwoofer box from Car Audio Factory. (I still need a sub and to clean under the back window...)
Old 03-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #30
DC TRD MallRunner

Sprayed my Yakima Bike Fork Mounts with bed-liner (need to add another mount in the middle)...

Added Bilstein decals on bottom of doors, but I'm not sure if I like them.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #31
gacandido2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabriel
gacandido2010's Tacoma Gallery
hey dude love the raptor led mod, u gotta to a 1st gen write up for it
Old 03-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #32
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacandido2010 View Post
hey dude love the raptor led mod, u gotta to a 1st gen write up for it
I followed the 2nd gen write-up by kd8bao and the only difference was that I had to dremel a some of the inner supports of the grille to slide the mount in place, and then added two bolts/nuts to hold it. Only took about 2 hours, and the wiring was easy. Let me know if you need any help.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #33
renocountry is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
renocountry's Tacoma Gallery
2wd?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #34
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by renocountry View Post
2wd?
Yep! Makes me miss my frame-rusted Tacoma, sometimes. We also have an '97 80-series LandCruiser with front/rear lockers, which I would love to mod someday.

Today I painted some interior pieces black (switch-panels, floor plastic, and seat plastic) and did the glovebox in plasti-dip because I'm not sure if it like it...

Used Mother's "Back-to-Black" trim stuff and a Magic Eraser to clean the Fender Flares

...and I bought a 10" Shallow Mount (3" depth) Pioneer Subwoofer from Amazon. (and I still haven't had 5100's built or installed yet)
Old 03-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #35
dude can the 2wd still crawl and do some good trails cause thats all i see now is 2wd with lock back. And what do u think of wrangler duratrac? think i can fit 265/75/16 on with with stock suspension?
Old 03-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #36
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by renocountry View Post
dude can the 2wd still crawl and do some good trails cause thats all i see now is 2wd with lock back. And what do u think of wrangler duratrac? think i can fit 265/75/16 on with with stock suspension?
I know lots of people offroad with 2wd w/ locker, but here in Ohio, most are 4wd. I don't have any experience with duratracs, but start up a thread or search and someone smarter will help!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #37
thanks evan
Old 04-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #38
babyblockTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Kai
babyblockTACO's Tacoma Gallery
beautiful rig man! subbed!

notice any sag with the all-pro wrap around rear bumper? you mentioned you have the older model... doesn't look much different from their newest other than the added plates, no?

oh and i was wondering, what type of tow hitch did you go with? really looking into getting this bumper, but need a hitch capable of towing a boat...so any info on that would help. thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #39
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
Sprayed my Yakima Bike Fork Mounts with bed-liner (need to add another mount in the middle)...

Added Bilstein decals on bottom of doors, but I'm not sure if I like them.

I like the decal....did you make it or buy it from somewhere
Old 04-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #40
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir1123 View Post
I like the decal....did you make it or buy it from somewhere
I got the decals from TunerDecals.com. They are really high quality decals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblockTACO View Post
beautiful rig man! subbed!

notice any sag with the all-pro wrap around rear bumper? you mentioned you have the older model... doesn't look much different from their newest other than the added plates, no?

oh and i was wondering, what type of tow hitch did you go with? really looking into getting this bumper, but need a hitch capable of towing a boat...so any info on that would help. thanks!
I didn't notice any rear sag from the All-Pro, but I have AAL's to help. I think the only difference in the new version is the dimple-die fill plates, and there is a separate hitch assembly. The older version, (mine) has a lower strength mount that is just welded to the bumper. I think the new All-Pro hitch would work well for towing a boat.