Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Taco Man in HD's Build Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #41
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my Eibach's/5100's assembled and installed!

Hard to tell from the pictures, but by measurement, I gained about 0.75" from my previous 3" spacer lift and old springs. (Eibach/5100 above and 3" spacer below)
Old 04-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #43
babyblockTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Kai
babyblockTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
I didn't notice any rear sag from the All-Pro, but I have AAL's to help. I think the only difference in the new version is the dimple-die fill plates, and there is a separate hitch assembly. The older version, (mine) has a lower strength mount that is just welded to the bumper. I think the new All-Pro hitch would work well for towing a boat.
alright, my alcans aren't rated as high as the stock leafs+aal in bearing weight, but they should hold fine it seems...i was just too lazy to call all-pro for their hitch receiver weight rating. looks like their attachment will work fine. thanks for the help, man!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #44
renocountry is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
renocountry's Tacoma Gallery
dude think ur truck is so awesome ur build has given me alot of good ideas
Old 04-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #45
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going the same route as you in regards to the suspension. I have a 3" spacer lift as well, and when its removed, I'm going to throw it at a cat. Don't like it!

And its a good thing you live in Ohio, or I would steal that front bumper. Effing love it dude. I want the same thing on my 2004 Pre. I'll need to call them.

If you don't mind, how much did it run ya'?

Keep up the good, clean work. Sweet truck.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #46
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
And its a good thing you live in Ohio, or I would steal that front bumper. Effing love it dude. I want the same thing on my 2004 Pre. I'll need to call them.

If you don't mind, how much did it run ya'?

Keep up the good, clean work. Sweet truck.
PM sent to HammerHead...

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Next Mod question...
Should I get an 18" magnaflow installed or save up for Glassworks 4.5" front fiberglass fenders?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #47
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Fenders!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #48
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM sent to HammerHead...

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Next Mod question...
Should I get an 18" magnaflow installed or save up for Glassworks 3.5" front fiberglass fenders?
are you going to lt you truck or just get fendrs?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #49
DC TRD MallRunner

I'm looking at some fiberglass around some different places...
I'll have to wait until I'm out of college to LT, but I would love to someday!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #50
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
damn good looking truck do you think the 55w are a little overkill, just wondering cause many people have said. or were they not that much brighter than the 35w?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #51
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking build.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #52
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
damn good looking truck do you think the 55w are a little overkill, just wondering cause many people have said. or were they not that much brighter than the 35w?
The 55's are noticeably brighter than the 35's, but I have them aimed down quite a bit, so I've only been flashed (with my low beams on) a few times. My 35w and 55w kit were both 6000k and the 55w is much whiter, and better in rain/snow.

Probably overkill, but I like them...
Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #53
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
nice...dude your truck is so sick! BONERSSSSs
Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #54
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
our trucks look oddly similar..... lol nice truck
Old 04-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #55
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The 55's are noticeably brighter than the 35's, but I have them aimed down quite a bit, so I've only been flashed (with my low beams on) a few times. My 35w and 55w kit were both 6000k and the 55w is much whiter, and better in rain/snow.

Probably overkill, but I like them...
I probably would have gotten them in 55w also....
Old 04-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #56
DC TRD MallRunner

I test mounted my red "SickSpeed" (knock-off Hella) horns behind the grille. Ignore the bug guts..

I thought it looked too busy in the front, (with raptor led's, silver emblem, and red horns) so I plasti-derped my front badge black.

Now waiting for BAMF LCA skids!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #57
DC TRD MallRunner

painted the drum brakes black.
used lunar mist touch-up paint on some small spots.

very exciting update.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #58
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
love the bumper! quick question, are you still using the stock front skid plate? i might contact avid to do a similar tube bumper, but would like to be able to use the stock or aftermarket skid plate. great build, keep it up!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #59
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
love the bumper! quick question, are you still using the stock front skid plate? i might contact avid to do a similar tube bumper, but would like to be able to use the stock or aftermarket skid plate. great build, keep it up!
My bumper covers part of where the stock skid went, so it's gone. I think they have a version on their website that uses the skid too.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #60
DC TRD MallRunner

...most recent mod for summer camping!