Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Taco Man in HD's Build Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #101
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
Yeah, I went the cheap route without retrofitting, and they weren't all that terrible once I had them aimed down. I got flashed a couple of times, but not that often.

The DDM kits (I've had a 35w kit and a 55w kit) were very unreliable and after sending them back for new bulbs/ballasts several times, I just switched back to SilverStar halogens. I'd love to do a proper HID retrofit someday...
ahh yeah. good thing about HIDs though haha you can switch back to stock bulbs if needed
Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #102
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Dude night shot required
Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #103
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Dude night shot required
agreed
Old 03-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #104
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
Dude night shot required
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03tacoman View Post
agreed
haha..i'll try to get some soon for you guys.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #105
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha..i'll try to get some soon for you guys.
If not I might be able to get one tonight
Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #106
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
did you make the tiregate yourself? if so, how much did it cost you to make?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #107
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
If not I might be able to get one tonight
Get that thing mounted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
did you make the tiregate yourself? if so, how much did it cost you to make?
I made it and I taught myself to fabricate as I went along for the most part. Tubing was like just under $200 and maybe another $125-150 in hardware, tabs, and bushings. Then, a ton of notching, cutting, mocking-up, and welding.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #108
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Get that thing mounted!

I made it and I taught myself to fabricate as I went along for the most part. Tubing was like just under $200 and maybe another $125-150 in hardware, tabs, and bushings. Then, a ton of notching, cutting, mocking-up, and welding.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #109
DC TRD MallRunner

^Looks great, man!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #110
DC TRD MallRunner

Haven't done any big mods recently, but have done some little things that needed done...

1. replaced the blower motor to get rid of the annoying buzzing noise
2. replaced my ghetto horn mounts with a prototype BAMF behind the grille mount for my hella horns
3. installed 4runner ignition light ring (still waiting for led/bezel to be delivered)
4. fixed my dome light that never worked in the "door" position
5. dye'd my center console flat black

Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #111
DC TRD MallRunner

Finally found an awesome deal and these came in the mail.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #112
DC TRD MallRunner

Finished up the red LED conversion using superbrightleds.com...
Installed the ignition bezel from a 4runner limited to finish the key ring light...
...And mounted/painted my glassworks front fenders.
(they look like a perfect match from a distance and in a blurry picture!)
Old 05-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #113
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Finished up the red LED conversion using superbrightleds.com...
Installed the ignition bezel from a 4runner limited to finish the key ring light...
...And mounted/painted my glassworks front fenders.
(they look like a perfect match from a distance and in a blurry picture!)
Hey! we got almost the same head unit. lol. mines the Kenwood DPX-503. Anwyays, what were the 3 bulb types behind your temp control face? ive already converted to red behind the gauges. (good thing about going red is the orange tint behind the control face doesnt matter)
Old 05-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #114

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good bro! Do you have any more pics of how far the tires come out with the spacers and fiberglass?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #115

Quote:
Finally got a full size spare and made a mount off of my bed bar. Limits rear visibility somewhat, but I like it overall.

Also, I now have two 40" led bars and need to sell one and then get the courage to drill into my roof to mount the other one...
Also what'd u do with the tire gate?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #116
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Hey! we got almost the same head unit. lol. mines the Kenwood DPX-503. Anwyays, what were the 3 bulb types behind your temp control face? ive already converted to red behind the gauges. (good thing about going red is the orange tint behind the control face doesnt matter)
3 "NEOx-xHP" (4mm version) from superbrightled's.com..they twist out from the back. Agreed on the red, that's why I went red instead of white like I did in my old truck with the clear ac panel.

Quote:
Looks good bro! Do you have any more pics of how far the tires come out with the spacers and fiberglass?
I'll try to get some other pictures soon. I like how far they come out, but I think it would look better if they were only 3.5" fenders.

Quote:
Also what'd u do with the tire gate?
It's sitting in my garage..haha. I love the look of it, I just use my tailgate too much to use the tiregate. Kyle, kmok on TW, is somewhat local and might be interested.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #117

Gotcha. Where r u located? If he doesn't snag it from u throw me a price and ill see if we are anywhere near each other. I went up to 265/75R16 and it fits under the bed but doesn't fit like it should still. I think it sticks out the bottom a little further than it should. So I'm looking for bed mounting solutions.

And thanks for the bulb type. Those ones will swap right out with the old bulbs? I've been wanting to replace them but don't wanna buy bulbs to find out that they are the wrong types lol
Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #118
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Gotcha. Where r u located? If he doesn't snag it from u throw me a price and ill see if we are anywhere near each other. I went up to 265/75R16 and it fits under the bed but doesn't fit like it should still. I think it sticks out the bottom a little further than it should. So I'm looking for bed mounting solutions.

And thanks for the bulb type. Those ones will swap right out with the old bulbs? I've been wanting to replace them but don't wanna buy bulbs to find out that they are the wrong types lol
I'm just outside of Columbus, OH. I'll let you know if nothing happens with the tiregate by the end of summer. I'm mentally designing a different bed mount option that I'm going to make soon, and we'll see how that ends up looking.

The led's are just a simple swap, but if they dont work at first, just rotate the bulb 180 degrees and they should light up.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #119
PreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Clayton
PreRunning's Tacoma Gallery
I might just have to steal that idea for the roof mount led bar....... i have been looking for something just like that! Its good to see another Prerunner in Lunar Mist Ideas, ideas, ideas.....
Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #120
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Here are some more images of the fenders. I used spray bedliner for the inside of fenders and fender wells. Bottom left is just primer and right is some gm silver that is close to lunar mist. I still need to get the proper color and perfectly line up the corner lights or get the one-piece headlights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunning View Post
I might just have to steal that idea for the roof mount led bar....... i have been looking for something just like that! Its good to see another Prerunner in Lunar Mist Ideas, ideas, ideas.....
Do it! Okledlightbar group buy going on now!
...the hardest part is getting your hands above the headliner to put the nuts on the bolts.