Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Taco Man in HD's Build Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Man in HD's Build Thread

2004 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner

Similar to what it looks like today...

Avoiding road salt in "wintermode"...

Armor and Body:
Avid Offroad Front PreRunner Bumper
All-Pro Offroad Rear Wrap Bumper
BAMF LCA Skids
Glassworks 4.5" Front Fenders
Wheels and Tires:
15" Stock '99 Toyota Wheels
33x10.5x15 BFGoodrich All-Terrains
2" All-Pro Wheel Spacers (front)
1.5" All-Pro Wheel Spacers (rear)
Sound System:
Kenwood DPX503 Double DIN Head Unit
600w MTX Amp
1200w Pioneer TS-SW2501S4 Shallow Mount
CarAudioFactory.com Sub Box (behind rear seats)
Kenwood Bluetooth Adapter
Suspension:
Bilstein 5100's (front and rear)
Eibach 620LB Coils
Fabtech AAL
Performance:
Deckplate Mod
AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter
Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/ Turndown
Electrical:
Cobra CB Radio w/ 3' FireStik FireFly
6000k 55w DDM HID's (removed)
Optima Red-Top w/ Blue Torch Fab Battery Box
Raptor Mod Amber LED's (removed)
Red LED Dash/AC Panel Conversion
LED Panel Dome Light Mod
Blue Sea Fuse Block and Circuit Breaker
OKLEDLIGHTBARS 40" LED Bar w/ LabRak Roof Mounts
OKLEDLIGHTBARS 6" Rear Facing Bed Lights
OKLEDLIGHTBARS 6-LED Pods
Other:
Custom Fabbed Bed-Bar with bed lights, Hi-Lift/Fork Mounts, and Full-Sized Spare Mount
Line-X Spray-In Bed Liner
Tinted Front/Rear Windows
eBay BHLM Headlights/Corners
eBay Black/Red Tinted Tail Lights
Relocated Windshield Washer Reservoir

More Pictures on Following Pages!

Here's the day I got the new truck (July '11), next to my '99 Tacoma. And the last time I saw the '99 (stripped of most mods) at the Toyota dealership. (frame-rust R.I.P.)

From the old truck, I was able to save the All-Pro Rear, spacer lift, bed-bar, and wheels/tires...

Replaced the temporary 3" Spacer Lift with Bilstein 5100's and 3" Eibach Springs...

Added some All-Pro Wheel Spacers and painted calipers...

Added black headlights and corners...

Tinted my tail lights and then replaced them with eBay lenses...

Added the "Raptor Mod" LED's...

Painted and Installed BAMF LCA skids...

Random pictures from various stages of mods...

I've fabricated a few Tire-Gate style tire carriers for some TW members...

Cool Companies:
Avid Off-Road
All-Pro Offroad
DownSouth Motorsports
Toytec Lifts
Crutchfield Audio
Bay Area Metal Fabrication
OKLEDLIGHTBARS.com
Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Dude you designed the exact bumper I want! Any chance they make one for me? Nice truck!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks! you'll have to get in contact with Avid Offroad. They do great work and Brandon is a really nice guy.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good, I'm diggin that front bumper. Is that your YJ too?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicant View Post
Looking good, I'm diggin that front bumper. Is that your YJ too?
Thanks! Not my jeep, it's my buddy's.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
gacandido2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabriel
gacandido2010's Tacoma Gallery
when u cut the exhust after the axle what difference did u notice?
Old 12-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #8
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacandido2010 View Post
when u cut the exhust after the axle what difference did u notice?
No noticeable sound change, but i think it looks cleaner and it won't get hung up while off-road.

I'm looking into getting a magnaflow for my 2.7 soon, does anyone have experience w/ them?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #9
Mexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shedMexicant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B
Mexicant's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
No noticeable sound change, but i think it looks cleaner and it won't get hung up while off-road.

I'm looking into getting a magnaflow for my 2.7 soon, does anyone have experience w/ them?

I was just looking into exhaust stuff myself. Check out this thread CLICKY There's a magnaflow sound clip on the first page. I've used them on V6 stuff in the past and loved the tone, always got asked what muffler it was.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #10
DC TRD MallRunner

I started to wire in a cobra CB radio today. I'm mounting it in the ashtray space. New pics will be up soon of install and Line-X.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #11
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Good job on the truck man, I'm diggin that front bumper
Old 12-31-2011, 12:42 AM   #12
DC TRD MallRunner

Got my truck back from Line-X last week, and had to remove my bed bar and bed extender for the install. They are now back in the truck and I will get some better pictures of the finished product later.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
DC TRD MallRunner

*updated OP

...also had an HID bulb go out on me today, so I had to switch back to stock in one side while I wait to order a replacement set from DDM. (figured it would take too long to send mine back in for warranty, so I'll prob just buy new ones.)
Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #15
DC TRD MallRunner

1. got my 55w 6k DDM kit in the mail and that will be in this weekend
2. ordered amber 5 LED running lights and dome light 48 LED panel
3. ordering Eibach's from ToyTec and 5100's from DSM
Old 02-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #16
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
That grille looks sick like that .. Sweet looking pickup man!!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #17
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
looks great. i'm considering the all pro rear wrap bumper. can you post up the rear with the all pro wrap bumper?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #18
DC TRD MallRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz834 View Post
That grille looks sick like that .. Sweet looking pickup man!!
Thanks! DCabs4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
looks great. i'm considering the all pro rear wrap bumper. can you post up the rear with the all pro wrap bumper?
I'll get some detailed pictures up once I'm out of class.

Mine is the old version of the All-Pro rear wrap and is powder-coated in satin black. I don't like the new design as much...
Old 02-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #19
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
badass truck