Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Sluggo: The 4 banger build

Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #21
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
I installed my cobra 18 into the dash and hooked up a 4 ft firestik, and it was the most painstaking install I have ever done. It took 3 install attempts, about 9 hours over 3 days to trim and test fit and re-trim the piece of shit aftermarket plastic radio bracket and also wire, install and tune the antenna. But that was easy. But finally its in.

the antenna is mounted to the bed rail and the power wires are tapped into the radio and cig lighter fuses.
Where did you get your radio bezel? I want to do this too.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #23
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Arrow

Quote:
radio bezel? what exactly do you mean? the black trim piece? because thats just the factory dash trim. Sorry for not understanding, what part are you specifically talking about.
Yea sorry idk what it's actually called but the piece that your radio and cb are in
Old 03-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #24
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for later ridicule
Old 03-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #25
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
Yea sorry idk what it's actually called but the piece that your radio and cb are in
That's just the big factory plastic dash trip piece. It all pops off to get the radio out. The cb should fit just fine for you provided you have the single din radio and factory mounting brackets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
Sub'd for later ridicule
Thanks bro!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #26
Confusion

Quote:
That's just the big factory plastic dash trip piece. It all pops off to get the radio out. The cb should fit just fine for you provided you have the single din radio and factory mounting brackets
yea I don't have a factory one I bought my truck with a super shity system I want to remove it all. I've just been trying find a radio din thing but I have no idea where to look. I'm not very good with radio/sound system lingo
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #27
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yea I don't have a factory one I bought my truck with a super shity system I want to remove it all. I've just been trying find a radio din thing but I have no idea where to look. I'm not very good with radio/sound system lingo
pic of what your dash area looks like? between my 2 tacos i have removed my dash so many times to install shit and wire different shit i can do it all blind folded
Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #28
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
pic of what your dash area looks like? between my 2 tacos i have removed my dash so many times to install shit and wire different shit i can do it all blind folded
Video or it never happened
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #30

Quote:
why are you people never satisfied lol?

how bout this, if i can take radio out at moab u guys have to buy me...some thing lol
6 pack of soda of your choice #deal
Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #32

Quote:
challenge accepted

wait do i have to put it back in too? because that would be alot harder. also my radio and cb combo is a really tight squeeze to get in and out and a massive pain in the ass, so i wanna use ben's truck or something lol.
I'm going to call you Ke$sha because all i hear is blah blah blah

Old 03-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #34

I'm just kidding
Old 03-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #36

i was kidding about the kesha part not the soda thats a serious offer if you can do it blind folded
Old 03-06-2012, 01:25 AM   #38

and we'll drink some soda regardless
Old 03-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #39
Confusion

Quote:
this is my radio. i don't like how my radio is right in the middle i think it looks ghey. i want it on top like your and the cb on the bottom.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #40

Quote:
this is my radio. i don't like how my radio is right in the middle i think it looks ghey. i want it on top like your and the cb on the bottom.

ok, i see what you have, you still have the factory dash surround, but the radio and filler plate are not factory (and really stupid). have you taken your dash apart to see what the radio bracket looks like? my guess that the way its sitting in there you are going to have to find some factory metal radio brackets (pretty sure they will work with just about any generic single din head unit) or get some after market brackets and just throw out the plastic filler piece. They you can secure the cb under the deck (good tape and zip ties are popular) and vwala. if you have any more questions ask away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Dont forgwt the mini umbrellas!
for the "soda"...fucking adam actually going and changing it hahaha. i didnt think he would actually go out of his way to bother doing that