LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Sluggo: The 4 banger build

Old 03-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #41
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
ok, i see what you have, you still have the factory dash surround, but the radio and filler plate are not factory (and really stupid). have you taken your dash apart to see what the radio bracket looks like? my guess that the way its sitting in there you are going to have to find some factory metal radio brackets (pretty sure they will work with just about any generic single din head unit) or get some after market brackets and just throw out the plastic filler piece. They you can secure the cb under the deck (good tape and zip ties are popular) and vwala. if you have any more questions ask away.
yeah i want to get rid of that filler piece for good i think it looks stupid as well. so these brackets and din piece you talk about can i get those at like bestbuy or any store?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #42
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
yeah i want to get rid of that filler piece for good i think it looks stupid as well. so these brackets and din piece you talk about can i get those at like bestbuy or any store?
eehh, not sure on where to buy the radio bracket, as it would be specific to the mounting locations on the truck. I would start searching on the internet, maybe it would be at best buy, but i doubt it. the "din piece" isnt a piece, its just the measurement of the size of the radio. A "single din" radio is the standard size of most older vehicles stock radios, and most aftermarket decks to into the opening of a radio slot. a double din, would be about twice the size of a single din radio. a feature of the cobra 18 was that is was designed to be the same size as a single din radio, so it fits perfectly into single din radio openings, like the one below your factory (or aftermarket) single din radio.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #43
Dolan Plz
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

got started today on my suspension lift with my good friend aleks.

the day started out pretty good getting the rear 2" AAL and new shocks installed

I went out to test the flex on a big mound of dirt...and little did I know it was a muddy slop pit. I succeded in almost getting sttuck in this thick muddy shit hole and getting thick mud everywhere. its hard to tell from the pic but it looked ridiculous with a massive amount of rake.

then later that evening we set to work on the front to get the 5100s in,

and it just went down hill from there.

by 1:30 we called it quits with 3/4 of a strut done. we'll be finishing it tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #44
Dolan Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
dont you mean uphill?
i dont see how lol. it was one thing after another.

I do have to give loads of credit to the guys in the ID/WA bs thread for watching mine and my friend's derps and helping us along and answering our pleas for help
Old 03-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #46
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
I have u bolts for you Ben
Old 03-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #48
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what a dick
Old 03-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #50
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X2
Old 03-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #51
Dolan Plz

oh lawrd, im working on it!

here are the pics of the new tires from today. Ill get a few detailed ones of my new suspension and some pre planned before and after pics here soon.

also i think i have decided against the grey theme, and im just doing the wheels and chrome and sliders flat black. pretty dam typical, but the grey is hard to find and can come out weird, so im just sticking to a tried and true look.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #52
Dolan Plz

HAHA! the last one didnt get low enough to be fun. it was close, but i couldnt justify cutting into the frame of a 36,000 mile truck. so by a fucking LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way the lifted monster is better, suits my style, is more practical, and is a lot more fun. i love that truck to death the more i have it and as i tell everyone, i wouldnt trade it for just about anything else in this world. still, one of these days im going to build a frame dragging, spark throwing mini, just for now im having a blast with the fo x fo!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #53

Fat girls can't jump...
Old 03-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #54
Dolan Plz

Quote:
im glad that we talked some sense into you into getting the 4x4. and then talking you into Moab.
lol, i had talked my self into the 4x4. i didnt need any convincing from you guys. as i seriously got into buying a 4x4 and looking at craigslist every day for new tacomas to get posted each day that went buy i started to dislike my 2wd a bit more and a bit more untill i actually wanted it gone so i could get the new truck. i had my mind 100% made up and i dont think anything was going to change that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
Fat girls can't jump...
yes lol. thank god my gf isnt fat...cuz she has to jump to get in. she uses the oh shit handle all the time now to drag her little self up there. its quite funny. just wait till i get sliders, she will probably trip or get hung up the first few times. i told her that and she just asked if i was trying to make my truck in impenetrable fortress where she couldn't get into.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #55

my sliders are so tight to the body that they essentially extend the floorboard 2" but it's just enough to keep the fatties out.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #58
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
No before/after stance pics??

Tisk tisk young padawan
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #59
Dolan Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
No before/after stance pics??

Tisk tisk young padawan
Oh no, no. I have those planned out. I'm just waiting till I have the sliders on and wheels painted to do before and after pics. It will be a drastic change lol
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #60