Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Joel's 98 5lugger Build

Old 12-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
Joel's 98 5lugger Build

ok guys its been a long time since i joined and a few of you have been telling me to start my build thread so here it goes

how she sits as of march 2012:

first mods i did was the sound system
parts installed were:
sony head unit
pioneer 6.5's all around
rca level control knob
efx amp for subs
remote toggle switch
pioneer 12" subs in custom box i made

heres some pics

Old 12-18-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

next mod was rims and tires and soon after was the lift because of major clearance issues due to my mistake
rims are pro comp steelies series 52 with bfg radials(got them for free)
fabtech spindles and aal by pro comp
daystar polyurethane coil spacers

more pics

juset had gotten back from 4wheel parts

ready to tear everything down for spacers and spindles

here it is with everything installed. sanded down and painted the hubs because the were rusty and the center caps held in moisture

rocked it with the bro lean for about a week because of the rain. looked pretty sick

next mod was to clean up the headlights because they were looking yellow. turned out nice and were noticeably brighter

next was a stainess steel skidplate to protect oil pan when wheeling

after seeing lots of reports on here and customtacos of broken lower ball joint brackets i decided to fab up some beefy replacements. thanks to chris(Tacorunner87) for the colled rolled steel he got for me

i cut everything up with a grand total of 8 cutting wheels for my grinder and drilled it out on my drill press with a stock one as a template. here they are all finished up.

next mods are moog ball joints up front to go with the brackets and stock replacement chromoly uca cross shafts. new set of coils. then ill install my icon aal pack and install my all pro brake line stay tuned lots more mods to come
Old 12-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #3

here is how she sits today

next pics are from my first true off roading trip where i actually used it to where i knew i wouldnt break something but still ended up with bent uca cross shafts

after we got stuck we decided to shoot a little while with the 22s and shotguns

aftermath of the bent uca cross shafts all 4 tires are wearing like this because i have to rotate them so much

more pics tomorrow
Old 12-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
TRDChris's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! I like your sound system set up.... Rotate those tires ASAP lol...what do you have in mind for your next tire set
Old 12-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #5

haha i already did rotate them all 4 are like that tho lol. im still not sure either general grabber at2's or bfg all terrains.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
what did you do to the headlights

time to make the bumper look good
Old 12-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
TRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to beholdTRDChris is a splendid one to behold

Did you make that skid plate?....how did you cut it?
Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
what did you do to the headlights

time to make the bumper look good
sanded them with 2000 grit and polished them with a buffing wheel. make it look good how?
Old 12-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDChris View Post
Did you make that skid plate?....how did you cut it?
yeah just cut it 16x16 with a grinder and a few cutting wheels lol then drilled it out and bolted the plate to the 2 cross members
Old 12-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #11

I used toothpaste to clean my headlights.....leaves them looking like new
Old 12-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
That bass knob location is tight lol
Old 12-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels98taco View Post
yeah just cut it 16x16 with a grinder and a few cutting wheels lol then drilled it out and bolted the plate to the 2 cross members
Sweet job man! Looks good
Old 12-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Nice!!
thanks man. we need to do a mod day soon so i can get my brake line on and so i can help with some other trucks
Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDChris View Post
Sweet job man! Looks good
yeah next is a motor skid to protect the radiator i have too many mods i want to do lmao
Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #16
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
sanded them with 2000 grit and polished them with a buffing wheel. make it look good how?
repaint the black
Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonzorizo View Post
That bass knob location is tight lol
lol yeah it fit in there perfectly too all i had to do was clearance out the brace behind the dash
Old 12-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
repaint the black
eh i might just dump the bumper all together
Old 12-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #19

Lets have a mod day soon
Old 12-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #20
Swerve for nothing

Quote:
eh i might just dump the bumper all together
that would work too. have anything in mind to replace it?