1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Build... so Far

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by YotaKid62, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Jul 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Awww man bummer, I'm going to go to a wrecking yard & look for an early-mid '80's Cadillac Barritz, they have'm , would make a great MOD

Truck is lookin' good buddy !!...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.S. I finally got a transmission & I'm going back out to work on it some more.....

2. Jul 18, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    YotaKid62

YotaKid62 [OP] Dirty mall crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma TRD Sr5 5 speed
    Grey Wire Locker Mod, 3" coil spacers & custom leaf packs, 2" BL, Skyjacker rear nitro shocks, Monroe front gas shocks; 15" eclipse sub & 1400 watt visonik amp with Kenwood stereo, Billet Petals, Black Aries series Grille guard, ebay baja lights (unsure of brand)
    Sweet deal dude! Ill definitely keep an eye open for one.

3. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Grey Wire Locker Mod, 3" coil spacers & custom leaf packs, 2" BL, Skyjacker rear nitro shocks, Monroe front gas shocks; 15" eclipse sub & 1400 watt visonik amp with Kenwood stereo, Billet Petals, Black Aries series Grille guard, ebay baja lights (unsure of brand)
    Finally got my lightbar in the mail!!!:yay: I snagged 'em off ebay for 70$ plus another 4 i bought for another 70$
    [​IMG]

Got everything installed and its oh so easy to do. The light bar is made of molded plastic with the lights bolted on and comes complete with a wiring harness and everything you need to install it basically. It uses 3m adhesive to attach to the roof, and lemme tell ya, it sticks! i can pull on it all day and it'll rock the truck before it gives (it hasn't). It does fine on the road, and i'm pretty sure i'll be using a razor if I ever want to take it off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (can you kinda see the gaps where there was no adhesive?)

Sadly, the major downfall is that you can't adjust your lights without cutting an access hole somewhere once it's mounted, so i had to be double sure they were where i wanted them. there is also a small gap between the roof and the light bar in a couple spots (for some reason they didn't want to run the adhesive the whole way across) and theres a good sized gap in the back since the back of the bar is flat and the cab is curved... I'll have to seal it all up with some silicone soon. Also It only came with four lights, and it looked too narrow for the pickup so i went to o'reillys and bought a cheap set that i mounted on the sides to make six. looks alot better that way. I also bought a couple smaller ones to mount for bed lights someday. I haven't got around to it yet since ill be on vacation in washington tomorrow through the 7th.

but anyways, here they are!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I made the side lights point off to the side a little since the original 4 are pretty much set straight and can only really move up and down.

Before

[​IMG]

After install

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVE THESE THINGS :D:D:D:D:woot:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    I also did the antennae chop. I was a little nervous about it, but i like it alot better shorter and its SO easy to do.
    Heres a link for the how-to.

[​IMG]
    I cut off about 5 inches, so i'm at 15 now i believe.
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

5. Jul 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    Jsimp

Jsimp WV, VA, NC places i roam in the Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Winchester VA
    Vehicle:
    02 4runner
    E-Locker swapped! Limited swapppppp
    im not the only one with six lights anymore :mad::eek:

6. Jul 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
  7. Aug 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    33's!!!! FINALLY! I picked up a set of GT radial adventuro m/t's last week and had them put on yesterday. They are pretty sexy tires if you ask me, but they do have their disadvantages. Theres some rubbing at full turn that needs taken care of, plus i have shit for power now on the interstate, or at least today There was a strong headwind and i had to drop into 4th every hill just to stay up to 70 :(.. Still, the pros outway the cons to me. All i need is some new performance parts now and i'll be happy again:D. Since Regearing is currently out of my price range and I am still trying to adjust my driving style so i don't kill my gas mileage too bad.
    Here they are!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Aug 10, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    Jsimp

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Winchester VA
    Vehicle:
    02 4runner
    :ohsnap: looks goood!

i just need to find a brush guard and we are twins but different colors :spy: :eek:

9. Aug 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    - ur body lift. But still close enough!

10. Aug 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    wesrunner

wesrunner Gang Gang

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    It's paid for.
    a buncha fuckin toyotas
  11. Aug 23, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    MatthewMay1

MatthewMay1 I'm an amateur professional.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lone Star Republic
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '01 TRD
    Where did you get that brush guard for $180!?!

12. Aug 23, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Ebay. There was quite a few of them on there when i got mine.

13. Aug 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Damn Forrest !! Lookin' badass dude !!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. Aug 24, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Thanks doug, i think the next thing i need us a real lift kit for the front so i can get my suspension travel back.

15. Aug 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    MatthewMay1

MatthewMay1 I'm an amateur professional.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lone Star Republic
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '01 TRD
    That's a good deal. I'll keep my eyes open. thanks.

16. Aug 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    But dont think it can be used as a push bar or winching. Its pretty light duty. Hitting a deer would prpbly destroy it, but it would save the front end. I mainly have it for traffic protection.

17. Aug 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    unstpible

unstpible Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cedar City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 boosted V6 Auto 334k miles
    CX Racing Turbo kit TransGo shift kit All Pro Apex bumper and skids Smittybilt XRC 9.5 winch All Pro Upper control arm's Bilstein 6112's with 600lb coils Eimkeith's lower control arm reinforcement plates with Perry Parts bump stops All Pro spindle gussets and alignment cam tabs All Pro standard 3" leaf springs Bilstein 5125's rear Extended rear brake line Rear diff breather relocation MagnaFlow catback with resonator Bluetooth stereo Memphis 6x9 door speakers with tweeters Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Amber fog lights Single piece headlights aftermarket grille Anzo taillights LED 3rd brake light 4runner sunglass holder and dome lights Master Tailgaters rear view mirror with 3 directional cameras, G shock sensors, and anti theft system Honda windshield washer nozzles Stubby antenna Scan Guage II 2nd Gen Snowflake wheels powder coated black Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 235-75/16 Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Speedytech7's big wire harness upgrade Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
    you got some pretty cool little mods in your truck. but why do you have some one else change your oil? haha i absolutely trust no one to work on any of my vehicles i spent too much time in an auto shop and have lots of friends in the business and i wont even let them touch my car in less im right there with a wrench in hand to ether kick there ass if they jack up or take it apart my self. i really like your sub set up i had the same idea the first time i lifted the back seats its cool to see some one else have it laid out so when i get to it i can reference what im doing haha

18. Aug 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Nice looking first gen! Keep up the good work!

19. Aug 27, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    YotaKid62

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    I recently started doing my own oil changes to save my pesos. Before it was a toyota dealer that did it and they gave it a full point inspection as well. They do a really good job. P.s. the sub system you referred to (8's?) Does work but make sure you do a good job sealing it...i have since upgraded to a 1400 watt amp and a 15.

20. Sep 11, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    Jsimp

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Winchester VA
    Vehicle:
    02 4runner
    getting my brush guard, so we can be more like twins :spy: :D

Products Discussed in