Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Pyroskier's Build Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #21
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by khegewald View Post
Thanks man. Tuff country makes a 5" drop bracket. Not as traditional but I'm happy with it. I might have to copy the idea. What kind of paint or plastidip? where do you get it?
This is plastidip: http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

It's a rubber coating, not paint. It just peels off when you want it to. It's great. And you can get it at most hardware stores. Here's a big thread on the stuff. Tons of uses. Guys go crazy with this stuff.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...ga-thread.html
Old 12-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #22
SanLuisTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Colin
SanLuisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
super clean, I'm in love with your tire/rim set up. How much did that cost you?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #23
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanLuisTaco View Post
super clean, I'm in love with your tire/rim set up. How much did that cost you?
Tires: $640
Wheels: $450

Total lift/tires/wheels: $2,100

I like them too, but I'm thinking of painting/plastidipping the chrome "beadlock" ring black. Not a big fan of chrome.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #24
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaforlife View Post
lol those springs need to have 4 to 500 pounds to sit 3" without the weight your gonna have 4" of lift and its gonna be a rough ride.
Damn you just troll around criticising all my post you ass, but ill have a ton of weight back there with the rear bumper and the fullsize spare and my shit ton of loaded tool boxes so i should be alright, its only $10 more for the expos so why not go ahead and get those plus ive grown to liking the rear rake a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post

I like them too, but I'm thinking of painting/plastidipping the chrome "beadlock" ring black. Not a big fan of chrome.
Id say to dip em too, not a huge fan of the chrome lip wheels on trucks.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #25
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Damn you just troll around criticising all my post you ass, but ill have a ton of weight back there with the rear bumper and the fullsize spare and my shit ton of loaded tool boxes so i should be alright, its only $10 more for the expos so why not go ahead and get those plus ive grown to liking the rear rake a little bit.

Id say to dip em too, not a huge fan of the chrome lip wheels on trucks.
Just saying lol
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #26
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks man. I might rebuild, but I currently just have one of my old ones (the one leaking the least amount) as a spare. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't want to drive on it all day. It'll work as a backup if I'm REALLY in trouble somewhere on the trail. Order them online from Advance Auto if you can. Loads of online discount codes (BIG50) that you can really save $ with.
Thanks for the codes. I see they are listed at $100 each with free shipping. That seems like a pretty good price already. How much does that code knock off?
Old 12-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Thanks for the codes. I see they are listed at $100 each with free shipping. That seems like a pretty good price already. How much does that code knock off?
Depends on how much you're spending. I keep this thread bookmarked though. I bet I've save over $500 over time just by using these:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...uto-parts.html

Edit: Forgot to mention some of those ^ codes don't work. So here's these too:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/advanceautoparts.com
Old 12-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #28
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Man I should have went 15's! I paid around 2k just for my wheels/tires lol.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #29
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
And sick ass truck btw, I need to get an all-pro leaf pack asap. Did you need to extend the bumpstops at all with the 5150's?
Old 12-31-2011, 02:42 AM   #30
xJRich5 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
xJRich5's Tacoma Gallery
What is your backspacing on the wheels? Do you have any rubbing with the 33x12.5? I went with 32x11.5 and my fronts come really close to my frame on my 3.75 BS wheels. I wanna go with 33x12.5 but I am just worried it'll hit the frame.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonzorizo View Post
And sick ass truck btw, I need to get an all-pro leaf pack asap. Did you need to extend the bumpstops at all with the 5150's?
No I didn't. The expos are stiff enough that they don't come close to the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJRich5 View Post
What is your backspacing on the wheels? Do you have any rubbing with the 33x12.5? I went with 32x11.5 and my fronts come really close to my frame on my 3.75 BS wheels. I wanna go with 33x12.5 but I am just worried it'll hit the frame.
They are 3.75" BS. And they rubbed the pinch weld, but nothing a little trimming/BFH couldn't fix. And frame rubbing all depends on your wheel backspacing.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #34
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I had to do the BFH Mod on the pinch weld, thanks to 45acp for taking the picture

You're welcome.

Quote:
-Thinking about Derping the silver ring on my wheels, what do you think?
I kinda like the chrome rings... I'd ditch the rest of the chrome though for sure.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
You're welcome.

I kinda like the chrome rings... I'd ditch the rest of the chrome though for sure.
Yeah but that actually involves spending money lol (aftermarket bumpers).
Old 01-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #36
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Pick up some color matched paint from Napa and hit that grill surround.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #37
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean truck! Looks like it holds it's own and then some off road. Any plans to re-gear?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
Very clean truck! Looks like it holds it's own and then some off road. Any plans to re-gear?
Yeah I'd love to, but I'm broke as f*** lol
Old 01-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #40
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I'd love to, but I'm broke as f*** lol
haha i hear that man... just look at it as spending money to save more money in the long run