Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Pyroskier's Build Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #41
greatbody CHUCK
greatbody CHUCK is on a distinguished road

Name: Chuck
greatbody CHUCK's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! That thing is a beast. Hopefully i'll see it driving around in Laramie.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #42
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbody CHUCK View Post
Nice truck! That thing is a beast. Hopefully i'll see it driving around in Laramie.
You're in Laramie? Nice! We need more UW members. We need to get a meet n greet setup with 45acp! Pm me sometime. And it looks like you're a golfer, wanna teach me how this summer? Haha.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #43
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, your truck looks amazing. I remember when you made that thread about rolling it 7 days after buying it! i felt so bad for you. Glad to see it went from sad to beast in so little time. How much lift did you get exactly from your suspension upgrades? How's the handling without UCAs? The duratracs look awesome, i'm surprised they're 12.5 wide. usually i think 12.5s look too wide but those look very proportional. Congrats once again on the truck.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #44
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
Dude, your truck looks amazing. I remember when you made that thread about rolling it 7 days after buying it! i felt so bad for you. Glad to see it went from sad to beast in so little time. How much lift did you get exactly from your suspension upgrades? How's the handling without UCAs? The duratracs look awesome, i'm surprised they're 12.5 wide. usually i think 12.5s look too wide but those look very proportional. Congrats once again on the truck.
Hey thanks man! I got about 3.33" in the front, and about 4.25" in the rear. I can't tell any handling characteristics w/ the UCA's, they're still stock but they Aligned just fine. And I like the 12.5's". Gives it a more aggressive look.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #45
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Ah. Cuz I experienced a lot of bump steer with just an inch and 3the quarters. Fixed it somewhat by adjusting the caster.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #46
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man how well do you like those 5150s I have the 5100s right now but might get the 5150s if they are good or better then what I have now..
Old 01-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #47

I like 'em so far, they have good droop with them. I don't know if I would really be able to tell a difference in the ride with them since my leafs are so stiff.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
All the 5100, 5125s, and 5150s are valved the same so there wont be any difference in ride.

only difference is 5125s come in lots more lengths for lots of lift like the 4''+ he and i are getting

5150s have longer lengths as well but not as many choices and have the res for better cooling
Thanks for clarifying!

Oh, btw Monte you should see my audio thread and let me know what you think: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ml#post4394903
Old 01-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #51

Quote:
Yea man i saw that! Only thing i have to say about the head unit is that it only has 2 sets of pre outs. So that might annoy you later down the road if ya ever want a sub. But other then that it looks good!
What does that mean lol? I don't know about a sub. I'm thinking I may just stick to the HU, maybe do some speakers down the road.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #52

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Pyroskier (awesome s/n btw) what's the avg MPG with those tires? How much did you lose?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #53
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
What does that mean lol? I don't know about a sub. I'm thinking I may just stick to the HU, maybe do some speakers down the road.
The pre outs are the RCA outputs that you use to plug into amps. Have only two pairs means you have and L/R Front and L/R Rear speaker Pre outs. If you have 3 sets you'd have L/R Front & Rear and Sub out. It just makes wiring WAY easier. No splicing.

Quote:
Pyroskier (awesome s/n btw) what's the avg MPG with those tires? How much did you lose?
Idk bout him, but i just did my first full tank with my 33x12.5s!.....10.6mpg hahaha

Basically dude, if you want 33's...you don't care about mpg
Old 01-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #54

Quote:
Hahaha, now that it's winter (and was the same in the fall), I average about 11 mpg in town, and MAYBE 17.7 on the highway if I'm lucky...

Quote:
The pre outs are the RCA outputs that you use to plug into amps. Have only two pairs means you have and L/R Front and L/R Rear speaker Pre outs. If you have 3 sets you'd have L/R Front & Rear and Sub out. It just makes wiring WAY easier. No splicing.

Ah, gotcha. Well I doubt I'm gonna do subs anytime soon.

Idk bout him, but i just did my first full tank with my 33x12.5s!.....10.6mpg hahaha

Basically dude, if you want 33's...you don't care about mpg
What he said lol ^
Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #56

Ok cool. I've hear different sizes on what people say my speakers are. customtacos.com says their 6x8's...?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #58

Quote:
Im not really sure man lol all 4 of mine in the door panels and side panels are 5 1/4''...i just have two 6x9s sitting on the back seat on either side of my subs. I have all 4 5 1/4s wired on the Front out puts of my amp in series and the 6x9s are my rear speakers.
Oh I see. Well when the time comes, I'll do some research
Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #60

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Goddamn, well im sure the 10.6 and 11 mpg is due in some part to being in 4x4 for the snow, but that's pretty crappy. I like my 16 city 20 highway right now. With my modest lift and frugality, i'll probably stick with the 265/75 duratracs.... I wish they came in 32 flat. that would be a nice compromise.