Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Pyroskier's Build Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #101
03SilverTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
03SilverTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I like the skid plate.... what was the process to paint that?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #102
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Lights - Check
HiLift - Check
Antenna - Check

Very nice! Any welding required or all drilling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
The truck is looking good man. Sure hope you can make it to wheel with us at Moab.
Me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SilverTacoma View Post
I like the skid plate.... what was the process to paint that?
Took it off, wiped it off, painted it with silver Rustoleum. Pretty easy. I'm thinking of adding a "TRD" in red to it on the front.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #103
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Very nice! Any welding required or all drilling?
All drilling, Jus use the 4xrac mount for the hi lift unless you want to build your own and i just bolted it to the hilift then lined it up and marked the holes with a silver sharpie and drilled them then bolted it in
Old 03-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #104
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well some updates...

I got my sliders welded on a couple months ago, in the Fall I guess:

Then I decided I needed a new Audio system to listen to Merle Haggard louder

Soon after came the deckplate mod and a AFe Pro Dry S

Was bored one day so I did the Grey Wire Mod

Then got an Ultragauge

Then I got a hitch, thanks to Blackdawg, 45acp installed it for me while I was at work (I need to find more friends like him)

Decided to change my spark plugs, but the previous owner apparently didn't use Dielectric grease when they changed them, so the wires pulled out on the boots. So I had to change the wires. $35 later I end up with this.

Soon to come:
Hi-Lift Jack
Bed Rack/Jack Mount?
265x75x16 Treadwright Guard Dogs, 16" Black Steelies for the Summer
Stud my Duratracs for the Winter
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #106

Gas mileage and lack of power really has me considering it. These 33x12.5x15's are so heavy, it has made a huge power difference. Don't want/have the money to regear either.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Your doing it wrong!

Small winter tires..big summer tires for wheeling haha
*you're , and I know. I can't make up my mind. Hopefully I'll have my salary job in a year and I won't worry about it and I'll just buy a new Tacoma to add to the collection and keep this one a dedicated off-roader...
Old 03-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #110

Pshhh maybe in like 10 years. I would love to, though. I don't ever want to sell it, dealer trade-in $ wouldn't be worth it with an accident on it's record.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
yea..same here.

id go for smaller winter tires..the 33s will be nice for clearance reasons

or just get some like ATs that are smaller to run all the time and just swap on the 33s when needed.
What I really want to do is have a set of Summer tires that are good for offroading, and keep my duratracs and get them studded and keep them for the winter, so I don't have to buy new snow tires.

I've been looking at Treadwright Guard Dogs and have read great reviews, and they have them in 285x75x16, so more like a 32". I think that would be good for my use. And I like the wide duratracs for the winter. They handle great.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #114

Oh I know. But I already have 33x12.5 tire chains... It's all about saving money haha
Old 03-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #115
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
All depends conditions, not? Wide tires are good in deep snow for floatation thought . And the rig is looking sharp man, i like it! Wish i had money to put a proper lift on mine and regear myself.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #116
974r is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
974r's Tacoma Gallery
im from laramie been wheeling in the snowies and happy jack sense high school... small world.. and great truck