1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacomanater's Build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by Tacomanater, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Dec 30, 2011 at 4:32 PM
    Tacomanater

Tacomanater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington County, NY (VT Border)
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5, 4WD, V6, 5Spd
    JBA headers & exhaust, new cats, K&N CAI, new shocks, 2.5" lift, Prodigy P2, Timbren, snobord552 light bar (v.2), KC off-roads and Hella fog lights, Teflon A/R ATX 16" Ledge, Nitto Terra Grappler, (265/75R16's), ultragauge, curt roof rack on thule set-up.
    Hey All:
    let's start with some stock pix...the internals (K&N CAI, JBA headers and exhaust (new cats, too) are already in (no pix) and some of the new "stuff." Just had the minor lift installed with the wheels and tires and Timbren....pix shortly. Just waiting on Snobord552's light bar to install the 2 sets of new lights (next week?).
    Thankx to all in here for some great info, some killer looking trucks and awesome ideas for future project. I'll try to get pix tomorrow (wheels tires and lifted). Once the bar and lights are in.. then the final pix.:cheers:

Stock Taco 002.jpg
    Stock Taco 001.jpg
    Tacoma b4 and goodies 013.jpg

2. Jan 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    Tacomanater

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5, 4WD, V6, 5Spd
    JBA headers & exhaust, new cats, K&N CAI, new shocks, 2.5" lift, Prodigy P2, Timbren, snobord552 light bar (v.2), KC off-roads and Hella fog lights, Teflon A/R ATX 16" Ledge, Nitto Terra Grappler, (265/75R16's), ultragauge, curt roof rack on thule set-up.
    Okay, New years day 2012-
    She got a bath, engine cleaning, Seafoam, oil change and here are a few photos with the new goodies. Light bar has been shipped so I hope to have it installed next week?!

photo[1].jpg
    photo[2].jpg
    photo[3].jpg

3. Jan 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo 1 owner with clean car fox.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    18 year old black taco...
    Bone Stock.
    subd, you have the exact truck i wanted when i bought mine, green that is :D

4. Jan 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    98ToyWheeler

98ToyWheeler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle:
    98 SR5 4x4
    JVC head unit, Polk audio Speakers (front), Pioneer (rear), FLI Trap Passive 12 Sub, Fixed Window strip,Tool box, Plasti Dipped Grille, emblems, bumpers, and fender pieces, python keyless entry and alarm
    Lookin good! :popcorn: Sub'd

5. Jan 5, 2012 at 3:53 AM
    Tacomanater

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5, 4WD, V6, 5Spd
    Hey all, again.
    Just got my snowbord552 light bar. Eddie did a nice job, well done piece, I must say, nice and "beefy."
    Even though it was freakin' freezing last night, I was in the garage, on my back with the ever ready Petzel headlamp doing the install. The Dewalt adjustable lamp decided to shit-the-bed about midway through the process. The cold was "brilliant", as I never even felt the skin come off my finger, until I saw a bit of blood, then it was more annoying than enything. Gotta love the cold. Had to wiggle the 4th bolt into place, but it is all in...and it's all good.
    Got the Hella fogs mounted...damn Daylighters have a much thicker threaded shaft so, I will need to either drill out the holes or do a modification/bracket/plate....pix by the weekend and hopefully all the wiring done too, as it is suppossed to be in the 40's.....whooohooooo! More to come.

6. Feb 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    Tacomanater

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5, 4WD, V6, 5Spd
    Okay, just about finished with the build. Light bar installed (thankx Snoboard552), set of KC off roaders, installed and working, Hella fogs, installed and working. Just installed a cargo rack for the roof this afternoon. She got a wash and spray-on wax. Tomorrow I will paint the front skid plate, clean the carpets and the windows and she is done for a while!

Finished Taco 013.jpg
    Finished Taco 017.jpg
    Finished Taco 015.jpg

7. Feb 1, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    Greensystemsgo

Greensystemsgo 1 owner with clean car fox.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dirty Nickers
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    18 year old black taco...
    Bone Stock.
    My god and a roofrack you luck fuck. I'm jealous.

How did it end up mounting to/through the shell? My plan is to extend mine maybe halfway forward and put lights on that

8. Feb 2, 2012 at 6:06 AM
    Tacomanater

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5, 4WD, V6, 5Spd
    Greensystemsgo:

After a lot of searching, I reverertyed back to the days of my old Jeep. Thule makes a part (Thule 542) which are artifical rain gutters. Simple drill and mount. I added a bit of sealant around the screw holes so no leaking. The "feet" (lower profile so I can get in the garage- they do make two taller mounting options) and then Thule 300 for the feet to mount to the artificial rain gutter with 50" Thule load bars. Etrailer.com had the best pricing/shipping, etc., so I snagged a curt cargo basket which gives me roof options for storage and still fits under the garage door. TC was a bit over $400.00 and a few hours of time to measure everything, yada, yada, yada. Now we will have to see about wind noise and few mileage...might go down a drop or two.
    Sorry for the crappy pix (iphone) I will try to shoot some better ones with wife's camera. GL.

Products Discussed in

To Top