Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Tacomanater's Build

Old 12-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
Tacomanater is on a distinguished road

Tacomanater's Tacoma Gallery
Tacomanater's Build

Hey All:
let's start with some stock pix...the internals (K&N CAI, JBA headers and exhaust (new cats, too) are already in (no pix) and some of the new "stuff." Just had the minor lift installed with the wheels and tires and Timbren....pix shortly. Just waiting on Snobord552's light bar to install the 2 sets of new lights (next week?).
Thankx to all in here for some great info, some killer looking trucks and awesome ideas for future project. I'll try to get pix tomorrow (wheels tires and lifted). Once the bar and lights are in.. then the final pix.
Attached Thumbnails
Tacomanater's Build-stock-taco-002.jpg   Tacomanater's Build-stock-taco-001.jpg   Tacomanater's Build-tacoma-b4-goodies-013.jpg  
Old 01-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #2

Taco v. 2.0

Okay, New years day 2012-
She got a bath, engine cleaning, Seafoam, oil change and here are a few photos with the new goodies. Light bar has been shipped so I hope to have it installed next week?!
Attached Thumbnails
Tacomanater's Build-photo-1-.jpg   Tacomanater's Build-photo-2-.jpg   Tacomanater's Build-photo-3-.jpg  
Old 01-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
subd, you have the exact truck i wanted when i bought mine, green that is
Old 01-05-2012, 03:53 AM   #5

Hey all, again.
Just got my snowbord552 light bar. Eddie did a nice job, well done piece, I must say, nice and "beefy."
Even though it was freakin' freezing last night, I was in the garage, on my back with the ever ready Petzel headlamp doing the install. The Dewalt adjustable lamp decided to shit-the-bed about midway through the process. The cold was "brilliant", as I never even felt the skin come off my finger, until I saw a bit of blood, then it was more annoying than enything. Gotta love the cold. Had to wiggle the 4th bolt into place, but it is all in...and it's all good.
Got the Hella fogs mounted...damn Daylighters have a much thicker threaded shaft so, I will need to either drill out the holes or do a modification/bracket/plate....pix by the weekend and hopefully all the wiring done too, as it is suppossed to be in the 40's.....whooohooooo! More to come.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #6

Okay, just about finished with the build. Light bar installed (thankx Snoboard552), set of KC off roaders, installed and working, Hella fogs, installed and working. Just installed a cargo rack for the roof this afternoon. She got a wash and spray-on wax. Tomorrow I will paint the front skid plate, clean the carpets and the windows and she is done for a while!
Attached Thumbnails
Tacomanater's Build-finished-taco-013.jpg   Tacomanater's Build-finished-taco-017.jpg   Tacomanater's Build-finished-taco-015.jpg  
Old 02-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
My god and a roofrack you luck fuck. I'm jealous.

How did it end up mounting to/through the shell? My plan is to extend mine maybe halfway forward and put lights on that
Old 02-02-2012, 06:06 AM   #8

Greensystemsgo:

After a lot of searching, I reverertyed back to the days of my old Jeep. Thule makes a part (Thule 542) which are artifical rain gutters. Simple drill and mount. I added a bit of sealant around the screw holes so no leaking. The "feet" (lower profile so I can get in the garage- they do make two taller mounting options) and then Thule 300 for the feet to mount to the artificial rain gutter with 50" Thule load bars. Etrailer.com had the best pricing/shipping, etc., so I snagged a curt cargo basket which gives me roof options for storage and still fits under the garage door. TC was a bit over $400.00 and a few hours of time to measure everything, yada, yada, yada. Now we will have to see about wind noise and few mileage...might go down a drop or two.
Sorry for the crappy pix (iphone) I will try to shoot some better ones with wife's camera. GL.