Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Supra TT's Solid Axle Swap

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Only reason I took the 44 was because my room mate's Dad who had a mechanic shop was going to scrap the axles, so I gave him $300 for them. And well it was perfect axles for what I thought I was going to get into. LITTLE DID I KNOW..............
Old 01-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #22
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Field Artillery
Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build
Old 01-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well couple weeks went by, got tired of my shit ass shackle angle in the front and my front axle needed to be moved forward. When I pulled the springs out I saw this

Back together now, full droop

Shackle angle is still shitty, but much better.

At full droop the front DS fell out, so It was time for a longer slip...Some day.

Flex time, HOLY FLEX BATMAN! I probably gained 3" of down travel in the front or more. My front brakeline needs to be extended yes I know it's tight

Old 01-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #24
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Nice catch on the spring.
Flex is insane.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #25
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

So sad on the amount of views/comment for a SAS build.. meh

Anyway, I had to test the flex out... of course I found more rubbing.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #26
soup is on a distinguished road
Name: cameron
soup's Tacoma Gallery
things wicked man, friend of mine got a 2000 a few months ago and is planing on sas it
Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #27
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tyler
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you remember mine got pretty insane on my thread. lol you open in the front and have you burnt up a power steering pump yet?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #28
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Tree View Post
Well if you remember mine got pretty insane on my thread. lol you open in the front and have you burnt up a power steering pump yet?
I put a new pump on when I SAS'd it since my old one was toast. Pump works great... but it's soon to get a hydro assist put on so I will be buying a new pump anyway. (When funds are back to par)

And the front has a powertrax no-slip in it.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #30
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I do like it, $450, kinda pricey but really road friendly. I'd still prefer a ARB so I can turn it on/off anytime
Old 01-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #31
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
yeah me to but i dont want to drop that cash. i got a detroit trutrac in the rear
Old 01-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #32
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
So sad on the amount of views/comment for a SAS build.. meh

Anyway, I had to test the flex out... of course I found more rubbing.

Nice snorkel bro!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #33
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Oh you mean this one?

Old 01-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #34
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Hells yes! Straight pimpin right there!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #35
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
you should probably fix that homie. your going to have squirrels and shit in there soon!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #36
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Tree View Post
you should probably fix that homie. your going to have squirrels and shit in there soon!
Naw bro adds extra 45 HP
Old 01-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #37
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Well a couple more months went by, I got tired of dragging my fat ass everywhere. It was time for a change. I headed over to my brothers house (like 5 hours away :angry: ) and I explained what needed to be done.

Bed bobbed 12", did anyone notice maybe... New rear leaf springs during the build? Oh yeah.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #38
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice racing stripe bro!!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #40
dweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Interior Communications Electrician
Name: David
dweezy's Tacoma Gallery
so much $$$$ but such an awesome truck... shit flexes like nothing else

Products Discussed in this Thread