Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Supra TT's Solid Axle Swap

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #41
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the comments.

As I said in the earlier post, new rear leaf springs.. 63" chevies from a Ttora member.

I ordered creeper joints from trail gear.

And front brackets from Ballistic fab. Bracket needed to be moved forward 7" in order to accomodate the longer springs.

Some good looking welds from my brother.

It was time for a new rear bumper as well, something that would actually be strong. 3x6" square tubeing .120wall.

Uber simple design..

Old 01-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #42
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

During that time at my brother I needed to extend my driveshafts.

Front, with TG's 10" long slip..

Old 01-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #43
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Well after all that hard work I had to wheel it!

Old 01-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #44
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sooo where are these boggers?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #45
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Sooo where are these boggers?
In my house, still in the works
Old 01-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #46
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
In my house, still in the works
Can't wait for the new fap material
Old 01-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #47
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tyler
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome bro! I wish everything wasnt so much money so we could do more stuff
Old 01-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #48
Bo 159 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
Bo 159's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks good man. you got some kuhonees to do the sas let alone bob the bed. keep up the good work
Old 01-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #49
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well after all that hard work I had to wheel it!

She flexes great!

Man the malls sure have changed since then....

Old 01-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #50
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Man the malls sure have changed since then....

Yea the fucking parking lot maintenance crew left leaves out there its just deceiving..
Old 01-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #51
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Few more weeks went by... I took it wheeling again. This time at the badlands in Ind.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #52
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #53
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Had to go back to the badlands.....Such a fun place.

Well... Of course I have binding issues, its leaf springs!!!.....Draglink rubbing at full stuff pass side.

At least the truck flexes good still..

Old 01-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #55
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Is that mud on your front diff in the last pics or is it leaking?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #56
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Water/mudd, diff is sealed!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #57
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Water/mudd, diff is sealed!
Sweetness, just checking. My rear axle seal is toast. Badly too by the looks of it 3rd time it's happened on the same side, WTF?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #58
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Man, thats too bad about the dick gobbler that did the work for you. I would have beat him with that broken axle.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #59
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Sweetness, just checking. My rear axle seal is toast. Badly too by the looks of it 3rd time it's happened on the same side, WTF?
Maybe a burr rubbing on it causing it to tear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
Man, thats too bad about the dick gobbler that did the work for you. I would have beat him with that broken axle.
Yeah.. I've been tempted to go back and ask why? Some days man... It kills me
Old 01-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #60
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe a burr rubbing on it causing it to tear?

Yeah.. I've been tempted to go back and ask why? Some days man... It kills me
Possibly. Will get it into my friend's shop soon hopefully. It's their slow time of the year, so I'll have them do it. And I'll have them deal with my leak between my tranny and tcase.

Products Discussed in this Thread