Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Supra TT's Solid Axle Swap

Old 03-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #781
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Maybe because I am the only one that WHEELs? Everyone here is a fucking mall crawler, look at all those views on them fucking IFS build threads
Old 04-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #782
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Last week I took the turd bucket to NwiTaco's house to work on it, unfortunately we didn't get shit done since we had to work on his garage the whole time... None the less we got something done.

I broke the output on the tcase and lucky me it's not a simple fix.

So this weekend since I wasn't there to do anything Mark had some time to work on my turd canoe

Lots of parts there, let's hope he doesn't fuck it up okay?

Also, on a side note, sometime in the summer the TURD CANOE WILL BE NO MORE TURD!! I will be painting it a different color and the front half of the cage will be removed. Yay.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #783
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
why didn't he just swap in the not broke t case?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #784
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
Wrong case
Old 04-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #785
Wheeling mine, back to working on everyone else's
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Coulda been done but I didnt wanna cut up his tranny tunnel...lol. His case was a forward shift and the donor was a top shift so had to convert it. What a PITA. Anyone who takes apart one of the case beware...dont play with the shift rails

I ended up doing this thing three times bc I would test it and move the 4wd rail a little too far and then you just hear "tink tink tink" there goes the pawls on the 4wd drive synchro dropping in the case...shit do it all over again.

Anyways pics and a video when I get to a PC. Peace yall.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #786
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Wrong case
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Coulda been done but I didnt wanna cut up his tranny tunnel...lol. His case was a forward shift and the donor was a top shift so had to convert it. What a PITA. Anyone who takes apart one of the case beware...dont play with the shift rails

I ended up doing this thing three times bc I would test it and move the 4wd rail a little too far and then you just hear "tink tink tink" there goes the pawls on the 4wd drive synchro dropping in the case...shit do it all over again.

Anyways pics and a video when I get to a PC. Peace yall.
broke output shaft on a foward shift tcase and a good top shift....sounds like the perfect combo and the perfect time to make a dubbler
Old 04-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #787
WittyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Greyson
WittyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
After 2 and a half hours i have finally read every word in your thread... Oh, and you have a DOPE truck
Old 04-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #788
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
broke output shaft on a foward shift tcase and a good top shift....sounds like the perfect combo and the perfect time to make a dubbler
Doesnt work that way. Dual cases utilize gear driven cases not chain driven. There is not one dual case setup in the world comprised of two chain driven cases. Its gear-gear or gear-chain. There is no other option.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #789
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesnt work that way. Dual cases utilize gear driven cases not chain driven. There is not one dual case setup in the world comprised of two chain driven cases. Its gear-gear or gear-chain. There is no other option.
Not always, there are 231/231 and 241/241,205 doubler which are both chain driven cases. Just has to have the reduction planetary before the chain. Ive never seen a tacoma case but i'm sure its possible.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #790
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
Not always, there are 231/231 and 241/241,205 doubler which are both chain driven cases. Just has to have the reduction planetary before the chain. Ive never seen a tacoma case but i'm sure its possible.
I should have clarified I'm talking Toyota's. This is a Toyota case we are talking about...in a Toyota truck. And theres no way to do it with a tacoma chain case without making a whole new housing bc the reduction portion of the housing is also half the output section as well. Gear driven cases had seperate housing sections.

Anythings possible, not probable or practical though.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #791
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Out with the old in with the new right? Wrong. Top shift vs. Forward shift:

Its either swap the rails or swap the inputs...dont know how to do either so lets tear into it

Remove rear output flange:

Output cover removed and bearing c-clip removed:

Remove shift rail indent balls and springs:

Split that shit!

Speedo gear, output shaft bearing, sprocket retainer and ball:

Getting closer to an empty shaft:

Remove front output:

Remove sprockets and drive chain:

B-I-N-G-O !!! Theres the shaft we need!

Now repeat for his case

Both torn down:

Eric's case back together...good as new!

And proof that it actually works! (Clicky for vid , pay no attention to the crappy narrator and the upside down video)

In the end I reused most of eric's original case except the output shaft (duh!), the ouput cover, and the speedo gear. And thats how thas done.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #792
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
I think I'm gonna have to start calling your truck Willy Wonka....
Quote:
WHY

Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #793
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyTaco View Post
After 2 and a half hours i have finally read every word in your thread... Oh, and you have a DOPE truck
So dope, it's illegal in 55 states
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #794
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyTaco View Post
Thanks, I'm glad a handful of people enjoy my truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post

Good thing the cage is coming off, I am pretty sure I am deleteing every photo of it with the cage on seriously

Edit: I think I am just going to delete this whole build thread except for the part where Mark actually builds/fixes important things. And then scrap the truck and let Mark keep his work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
So dope, it's illegal in 55 states
Psh, I prefer not DOT approved, really it isn't illegal. So much hate on this truck I tell ya.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #795
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Psh, I prefer not DOT approved, really it isn't illegal. So much hate on this truck I tell ya.
Your truck is like the uglier step-sister of my jeep
Old 04-09-2013, 05:26 AM   #796
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
TW really hates actual tech in build threads don't they.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #797
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No no no...okay well yeah, TW is not the technical truck forum like others
Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #798
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
My helper keeping watch while I was under Eric's truck:

Old 04-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #799
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Your truck is like the uglier step-sister of my jeep
But at least people like your jeep even though it's a jeep.

Quote:
They just like spacer lifts and 33" tires and mall curb posing, plastidiping fenders and shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
No no no...okay well yeah, TW is not the technical truck forum like others
And most of the other forums are dead, well TTORA at least

Quote:
My helper keeping watch while I was under Eric's truck:

Does about as much work as me
Old 04-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #800
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But at least people like your jeep even though it's a jeep.
The general public do enjoy looking at my frog...some find it amusing, others retarded, and others awesome.