Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Supra TT's Solid Axle Swap

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #881
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just get some fiberglass bedside and mount them to your current rear? Could be pretty nice.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #882
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
It would be more ideal to just use the steel bedsides, but I don't think I'll find them anytime soon. Besides.. Glass is $500+!!! For shit that is going to get destroyed anyway...
Old 06-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #883
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
It would be more ideal to just use the steel bedsides, but I don't think I'll find them anytime soon. Besides.. Glass is $500+!!! For shit that is going to get destroyed anyway...

Kinda why I have a hard time spending the money on rear glass. I wish I was paying attention sooner, I have fender in my attic you could of had. Some day I will cut my bedside off and you can have them if I ever get there, but that would mean I have to cut them nicely .
Old 06-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #884
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #885
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
fancy
Old 06-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #886
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Want mine after I start cutting?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #887
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #889
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's so true. I defiantly prefer steel to fiberglass too. Some things though have to be fiberglass like hard topers (Leer and the likes). The trouble comes when your truck gets old enough parts start becoming scarce.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #890
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
fancy
Fancy as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Want mine after I start cutting?
Sure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post

looks a little...tweaked
Just a little lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkro01 View Post
It's so true. I defiantly prefer steel to fiberglass too. Some things though have to be fiberglass like hard topers (Leer and the likes). The trouble comes when your truck gets old enough parts start becoming scarce.
It's so hard to find a bed in my area (ones that aren't $500+ at least)
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #891
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I replaced my header gasket since my truck sounded like a fucking diesel...

I tried to clean it up the best I could

New, vs old

Oh, btw the sound didn't change........
Old 07-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #892
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I was also having alot of over heating issues, did some research and found a radiator that would still work for the truck, yet be shorter so the rocks wouldn't smash it like the tank I had in there before..

Wonder why it was over heating

New, vs old

Had to cut the shroud to make it fit...

No more low ass radiator.

The bottom radiator hose doesn't fit anymore so I shortened mine by cutting it. Probably not the most ideal thing. But I'm not sure which part is the correct hose that replaces it.

Link to radiator: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt-cu1778

Thread that talks about the radiators for the tacos: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyot...ors-3-4-a.html
Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #893
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna kinda miss the diesel sound

Quote:
No more low ass radiator.

Fuck yeah! Good to see it fit's well, you had to of come within a half inch of dropping your radiator on a rock last time. I'll probably go this route.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #894
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Yay
Old 07-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #895
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
ugly
Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #896
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Gonna kinda miss the diesel sound

Fuck yeah! Good to see it fit's well, you had to of come within a half inch of dropping your radiator on a rock last time. I'll probably go this route.
It still makes the diesel sound. I've come to the conclusion it's a bent vent haha (not really, but most likely)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Yay
Settle down, the overwhelming excitement that is coming from this post is too much man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
ugly
Just like Kermit
Old 07-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #897
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It still makes the diesel sound. I've come to the conclusion it's a bent vent haha (not really, but most likely)

Settle down, the overwhelming excitement that is coming from this post is too much man!!

Just like Kermit
That's why I named him Kermit. Ain't nobody ever heard of a pretty frog. Lol
Old 07-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #898
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Had to shorten my radiator hose since I shortened my radiator it is the main hose and it is partially kinked... I am worried about it but we will see how it goes.

I ran the truck full blast A/C for 35 minutes idle and no over heating happened. Before with the other radiator I couldn't use A/C at all otherwise it would overheat.

Shiny painted cover it was leaking like a fucking siv so I re-sealed it.

I even waxed my hood ?

I also installed my firewall plate that I bought over 3 years ago and never installed................. haha

Old plate... I took off the rubber gasket thing that was glued to it and put it on the new plate.

Seal I am suppose to re-use... Guess I am ordering a new one...

Sorta centered in the plate...

I love me these tires, so sexy!!

Old 07-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #899

45acp's Tacoma Gallery

NNOOooOooo...

use

Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #900
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
That radiator is awesome!!

Products Discussed in this Thread