LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Supra TT's Solid Axle Swap

Old 09-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #941
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Not just leafs... worn out S shaped leafs with no leaf holder causing immense axle wrap, haha.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #942
Wheeling mine, back to working on everyone else's
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I hear someone got new leaf springs.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #943
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes, new front leafs from Davez offroad. Really tall right now but hopefully they will settle. Sitting at 7" uptravel currently... Before I had only 3".

Many more things to come soon enough; whenever Mark is done with his family break and repays me for all the work I helped him with on his garage/truck haha

Frame height is at 28.5". Not sure what it is after the weekend of wheeling; which was awesome by the way. Only had a shock bolt go missing, easy fix.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #944
JSchiff77 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jairn
JSchiff77's Tacoma Gallery
Wow man Great looking truck! I'm in the process of getting ideas for my 98 tacoma, i'm curious what you think about switching from IFS to SAS. I can understand the differences, but if coilovers were installed with a SAS wouldn't it be as good or even better than IFS? thanks
Old 11-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #945
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchiff77 View Post
Wow man Great looking truck! I'm in the process of getting ideas for my 98 tacoma, i'm curious what you think about switching from IFS to SAS. I can understand the differences, but if coilovers were installed with a SAS wouldn't it be as good or even better than IFS? thanks
For performance...IFS < Leafsprung SAS < Links & Coilovers
Old 11-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #946
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
When da hell are we gonna see it looking like a truck again??
Old 11-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #947
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
When da hell are we gonna see it looking like a truck again??
It'll be headed over to my place for a bunch of work sometime this winter
Old 11-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #948
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever happened to the supercharger?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #949
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Whatever happened to the supercharger?
Its at my place in my shed too
Old 11-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #950
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Old 11-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #951
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchiff77 View Post
The IFS is inferior to the SAS. Coil overs on the Solid axle is the best quality suspension you can get. Night and day difference on and offroad performance with a solid front axle properly set-up with coils. Even with leaf springs, night and day difference! IFS is a JOKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Everything is at your house
Old 11-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #952
The Snake Of Jakes
SuperJakeTheSnake is just really niceSuperJakeTheSnake is just really niceSuperJakeTheSnake is just really niceSuperJakeTheSnake is just really nice

Name: Jacob
SuperJakeTheSnake's Tacoma Gallery
I just wanted to let you know that you have an absolutely amazing truck sir as I'm sure you already know, and as such thank you for the wheeling the crap out of it.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #953
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
You should invest in one of these methinks

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 12-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #954
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
been a while since i've checked out this build. Sweet truck man! when did you get rid of the exocage?
Old 12-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #955
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJakeTheSnake View Post
I just wanted to let you know that you have an absolutely amazing truck sir as I'm sure you already know, and as such thank you for the wheeling the crap out of it.
Thanks man!!

Quote:
You should invest in one of these methinks

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
That is fancy, but probably costs and arm and a leg. I am going to do something like -matt- did hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon9402 View Post
been a while since i've checked out this build. Sweet truck man! when did you get rid of the exocage?
Thanks, I cut it off in june of this year. Much happier without it.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #956
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Thanks man!!

That is fancy, but probably costs and arm and a leg. I am going to do something like -matt- did hopefully.

Thanks, I cut it off in june of this year. Much happier without it.
did you notice better performance or less weight after you removed it?
Old 12-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #957

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Is the bed at Mark's? We could probably get that done this weekend maybe.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #958
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Is the bed at Mark's? We could probably get that done this weekend maybe.
Yes, it is! It'd be cool to bob and dovetail it this weekend after wheeling for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon9402 View Post
did you notice better performance or less weight after you removed it?
No change in performance, but way better visibility haha.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #959

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, it is! It'd be cool to bob and dovetail it this weekend after wheeling for sure!

Quote:

Quote:
after wheeling
Quote:
after wheeling