LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Supra TT's Solid Axle Swap

Old 12-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Supra TT's Solid Axle Swap

How the truck looks as of now.

List of shit after swap

OIL PAN
12101-75060 Pan, Toyota Dealer, $100.00
15104-75020 Strainer, Toyota Dealer, $80.00
15147-75020 Gasket, Oil Strainer, Toyota Dealer, $30.00
11494-75010 Plate, Oil Hole, Toyota Dealer, $30.00
91651-60614 Bolts (Oil Hole plate) (QTY: 4), Toyota Dealer, $15.00
00295-00103 FIPG (Form in Place Gasket material), Toyota Dealer, $15.00

STEERING
Reid Racing Ford Knuckles, Parts Mike, $460.00
Hi Steer Arms w/ studs, Parts Mike, $220.00
Tie Rod and Draglink, Sidco 4x4, $155.00
IFS Steering Box 1989-1995 4x4, Ebay, $125.00
Borgeson Steering Shaft 450036, Summit Racing, $75.00
Borgeson 013452 and 014909, Summit Racing, $160.00
Pitman Arm, Parts Mike, $50.00
Kartek 11/32" 29 Spline U-joint, Kartek, $110.00

SUSPENSION
Front Leaf Springs 5", Marlin Crawler,$342.00
FOA Emulsion Shocks (4), FOA Shocks,$552.00
FOA Shocks Charged, Sidco 4x4, $100.00
F/R Ubolt Flip Kits, Parts Mike,$100.00
9/16" Spring Hanger (2), Parts Mike, $34.00
9/16" Shackle Bracket, Parts Mike, $42.00
Shock Bracket Pair (2), Parts Mike,$36.00
Shackle Hanger Kit Front, Parts Mike, $50.00
Shackle Hanger Kit Rear, Parts Mike, $35.00
Spring Perch Set (2), Parts Mike, $30.00
Shock Tower Set, Parts Mike, $36.00

AXLE
Chromoly Right Side Axles, Superior Axle and Gear, $296.00
Chromoly Left Side Axles, Superior Axle and Gear, $267.00
Warn Premium Locking Hubs, Ebay, $80.00
CTM U-Joints, Longfield, $315.00
Front Gears 5.38, Superior Axle and Gear, $176.00
Powertrax No-Slip Front, Just Differentials, $450.00
Powertrax No-Slip Rear, Just Differentials, $450.00
Rear Gears 5.43, Superior Axle and Gear, $208.00
Frame Plating, Ballistic Fabrication, $112.00
Front Bearing Kit, Superior Axle and Gear, $122.00
Rear Bearing Kit, Superior Axle and Gear, $90.00
Rear Frame Plates, Domello Offroad, $120.00
D44 4:10 Carrier, Sidco 4x4, $50.00
Toy Flange, Sidco 4x4, $50.00

BRAKES
Front Rotors, O'Reillys, $70.00
Front Pads, O'Reillys, $25.00
Front Calipers, O'Reillys, $25.00
F/R Steel Braided Hoses, Summit Racing, $50.00
Brake Adapters, Sidco 4x4, $50.00
Brake Fittings, Sidco 4x4, $50.00

MISCELLANIOUS
4.5" 9/16 Bolts (20), Sidco 4x4, $50.00
Stuff, Sidco 4x4, $100.00
Toyota Long Slip Drive Shaft Custom, Sidco 4x4, $100.00

WHEELS
Goodyear MT/R 37/12.5/15R, Craigslist, $700.00
Tire balancing, Sidco 4x4, $50.00
New 5 on 5.5" RimsSidco 4x4, $125.00

FABRICATION
Sidco 4x4 fabrication work, $2,200.00

TOTAL $9,363.00

No first day pictures, but close enough.. Home made snorkel, and some Cooper STT's 31x10.5x15

Had some small mods, spacer lift, wheelers leaf springs... Nothing special really.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

After another year or so I realized I hated IFS so much I decided to SAS cuz it's what the cool kids were doing at the time.

Ford 9" and a Ford D44 HP reverse cut, full width axles from a 1976 F-150.

Did some cleaning up on a warmer day.

New tires? Practically new 37x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/r old styles.

Not many pictures of the swap... Long story, shop owner was a cock sucker.

I brought the truck to SidCo 4x4 in Glencoe, Mn. Last year right around this time. We worked out a decent deal, which I believe is right, but we'll see for when it turns out complete.

Specs: Simple leaf sprung swap,
Front Axle-

-1976 Ford F-150 Dana 44 HP RS.
-5" lift springs, Marlin Crawler
-5.38 Gears, Superior Axle and Gear
-Powertrax No-slip locker, Just Differentials
-300M U-joints, Longfield axle
-Warn Premium Hubs
-Reid Racing Knuckles

Rear Axle-

-1976 Ford F-150 9"
-1.5" lift springs, WheelersOffRoad
-2" AAL, Fabtech
-5.43 Gears, Superior Axle and Gear
-Powertrax No-slip locker, Just Differentials

I had purchased almost every part myself, leaving all the fabrication to the shop. Shop is providing me a driveline, and steering links.

I am sticking with the 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern, since I had the matching ford 9" and didn't want to convert everything.

Throughout this build I couldn't get many pictures due to the shop owners disrespectfulness and wouldn't allow me to get any pictures, not to mention ever time I showed up he never had any progression.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Well after I got it back I had to paint everything since the shop never did, even though I asked them too...

Well after my ass got reamed on the money I just spent I figured I'd go wheel it.

2nd trip out I found out that the guy who installed it either didn't install my ujoints correct or jesus desended down from heaven and broke my ujoints.

And this is how is sat for 5 months, broken front end and lonely.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Well after the truck sat for 5 months the starter was fried and it had bad fuel. Replaced the starter and through some seafoam in her with 92 clear gas.

Well 2 or so months went by and I brought it to my brothers to fix the front axle shafts and to tie up some loose ends..

Yup...

This is the $175 u-joint after sitting for 6 months............

New chromoly axles from superior axle and gear

Now it was time to fab a new mount for the shocks since the stock mounts broke.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Well then. Bout fucking time.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

I got bored... figured I'd post some IFS pics.. I'm thinking about going back to IFS, where all the cool kids are
Old 12-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #10
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good. We will have to catch up with you next time at badlands so my buddy has someone to show him what his 4runner should be able to do.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Updated
Old 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
That looks like my ujoint was...but worse!

wanna buy me chrome molly?

lol nice build though
Old 12-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #15
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
is there any reason you didn't triangulate your rear shocks?
More triangulation, less effective the shocks become.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:41 PM   #17
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
I got bored... figured I'd post some IFS pics.. I'm thinking about going back to IFS, where all the cool kids are
You better not go back to IFS or else I'll kick your ass. We recently put on new chromoly axles on the Ranger as well. I love the difference. It drives like a whole different truck!

Nice looking build. Be looking forward to reading a build thread of yours.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #19
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
That looks like my ujoint was...but worse!

wanna buy me chrome molly?

lol nice build though
No on the chromoly axles lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Nice truck!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Washington View Post
I wish I never put money into my ISF. Nice build so far.
I agree, I wish I just went straight SAS. But people gotta start somewhere and SA is a completely different wheeling experience, better that it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
You better not go back to IFS or else I'll kick your ass. We recently put on new chromoly axles on the Ranger as well. I love the difference. It drives like a whole different truck!

Nice looking build. Be looking forward to reading a build thread of yours.
I was Jk haha, couldn't pay me to go back to IFS. I got my 08 that is IFS, close enough My truck is kinda lacking a true build but since the SAS I've been documenting more shit... More fun really

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
it is about time you made one, but nice build thread!
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #20
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
I was Jk haha, couldn't pay me to go back to IFS. I got my 08 that is IFS, close enough My truck is kinda lacking a true build but since the SAS I've been documenting more shit... More fun really
Well now that it's had the real mods done to it, it's time to make it look purdy. lmao

I cannot justify throwing a D44 under my truck, as much as I hate IFS

Products Discussed in this Thread