Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

newb here :D here goes my build thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
gs300cky is on a distinguished road
Name: cory
gs300cky's Tacoma Gallery
newb here :D here goes my build thread

So i bought my tundra but after a semi flipped in front of me causing a 90 car pile up....well needless to say that truck was totalled i wanted another truck but couldnt afford that one so i bought my current ride.

day1)
its a 2002 tacoma trd with 75k and bone stock.

day 50ish)
i had some drunk hit my front end and so i decided to get the toy tech grille and add some piaa lights.

day yearish)
some how last week my headgasket blew with no abuse on it, which is rare imo. in the 5 years i worked at toyota i never saw a 3.4l blow one with low miles like this. so i decided that if im going to rebuild the engine i might as well do everything all at once. so in the past month i have been working on putting car together with the new bells and whistles:

toy tech 3" lift in with bilstein shocks
full exhaust from headers back
jet chip was added
2 12" elec fans.
7" double din screen(radio)
michelin 275's (mild but not to beefy)

so thats it for now until i get bigger tires and new wheels plus a wench

ps i have a few parts for sale if anyone needs now(stock parts and some still very new
Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
sounds great but
Old 01-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
well we may be without pics for another 2 weeks cuz the guy who rebuilt it got it running after replacing the left bank head gasket and so i just went to pick the truck up 2 hpurs ago and all of a sudden the right side just blew on me
Old 01-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs300cky View Post
well we may be without pics for another 2 weeks cuz the guy who rebuilt it got it running after replacing the left bank head gasket and so i just went to pick the truck up 2 hpurs ago and all of a sudden the right side just blew on me

I applaud your new build thread, hopefully you'll get some pics up soon,

prolly no need to lecture on doing half a head job (even if just blown gasket) it was just a short matter of time before the other side went on you, shit like head/valve jobs, lower/upper end rebuilds are done in pairs (i.e; do all the same time)

looking forward to your progress though...
Old 01-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
ya i was just hoping to stall it since i had just moved to west virginia. but i only got less then 6hrs of play time. now i have a new engine getting shipped.