Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Ideas for turn signals?

Old 01-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #1
Boilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Boilermaker99's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Ideas for turn signals?

I have a 99 sr5 that I am putting an offload bumper on. I am trying to come up with some ideas on turn signals without having to drill and mount another bulb in the marker light. Not totally opposed to that mod but can't find a thread on it to look at.

Any other ideas or link to a threa showing above mod let me know
Old 01-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
elblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant future

Name: Blake
elblako91's Tacoma Gallery
weld some tabs on your offroad bumper and get some trail gear LED lights
(scroll down a little) http://www.trail-gear.com/miscellaneous
then just splice them in to your existing turn signal wires.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a good write up on the blinker relocation to the corner lights.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ation-mod.html
Old 01-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
Boilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Boilermaker99's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Thank you for the link. Seems easy enough.

I was wondering about the rewiring of the markers to just get the parking lights to blink. Someone on that link was talking about it and I am gonna have to do more searching to find it. I would love to compare the two.

The turn signals were both trashed when my wife wrecked my truck hence the bumper I am gabbing so to do the mod with the oem signals I will have to buy a set and take them apart.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
Rather than creating a new thread, I'll bump this one when an extra question.

Could I do the signal light relocation to the parking housing AND wire in some LEDs to mount on the tube bumper without messing anything up? I like the idea of doing the signal mod PLUS some LEDs on the bumper itself. I think that maybe I could just "tap" into the existing wiring???

The website I'm looking at is here: http://www.trail-gear.com/miscellaneous
Old 03-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
I actually found a better place to post this question here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ml#post4696819

Sorry for the duplicates, but if anybody wants to address my question in the OP's thread, you could just post in my new thread above.

Sorry for the thread crap!