Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TACOMABOSS's build

View Poll Results: How do you like my truck?
I like it 43 81.13%
I hate it 2 3.77%
Needs more mods 11 20.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #301
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
Did you install your hid's for your headlights yet? I bought a ddm 35w 5000k kit and hooked em up but they didnt turn on or even flicker, so im guessing i need the wiring harness thing from ddm
Mine is a christmas present so I have to wait. If you kept the harness from the hellas you should be fine. One of my friends did thay with his. Check your grounds
Old 12-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #302
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Mine is a christmas present so I have to wait. If you kept the harness from the hellas you should be fine. One of my friends did thay with his. Check your grounds
Thats the thing i was trying to not use any harness hahah
Old 12-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #303
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
Thats the thing i was trying to not use any harness hahah
Ohhh yeah. Gotta use a harness
Old 01-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #304
Firefighter:
Il have to get more pics but here is an update. I got the toytec/ eibachs in. Lifted an inch and a half. I also got my hellas HID'd with 6,000K 55W. And I put a TRD emblem on the dash inside. Looks pretty beast if you ask me
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #305
losers101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandan
losers101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Il have to get more pics but here is an update. I got the toytec/ eibachs in. Lifted an inch and a half. I also got my hellas HID'd with 6,000K 55W. And I put a TRD emblem on the dash inside. Looks pretty beast if you ask me
Would look pretty badass with the door handles blacked out IMO
Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #306
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by losers101 View Post
Would look pretty badass with the door handles blacked out IMO
That has been on my list for a while, not sure why I havent done it yet lol
Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #307
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
x2, those will help the look ALOT. I know mine did when I did them. Dunno why toyota did that. I always thought chrome door handles are kinda fugly unless they're on something like a denali.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #309

TACOMABOSS's build

Quote:
That has been on my list for a while, not sure why I havent done it yet lol
Did you black them out yet??

I just did mine and it definitely looks 10x better
Old 05-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #310
Firefighter:
Quote:
Did you black them out yet??

I just did mine and it definitely looks 10x better
No. Im thinking about selling the truck for a 4runner... im not sure yet
Yours look good though
Old 05-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #311

Quote:
No. Im thinking about selling the truck for a 4runner... im not sure yet
Yours look good though
Sell it?? At least youll be sticking with a toyota tho. If you decide to part out dibs on the headlights
Old 05-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #312
Firefighter:
Quote:
Sell it?? At least youll be sticking with a toyota tho. If you decide to part out dibs on the headlights
Il keep that in mind for sure. I kept the stock headlights
Old 05-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #313

Quote:
Il keep that in mind for sure. I kept the stock headlights
Sweet man that would be awesome, my headlights weren't sealed good enough now I have mud and water inside them. At least they are just cheap ones
Old 06-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #314
Firefighter:
Leaning to keeping the truck now and repainting it. Im not sure how I feel about it. The pealing clear coat gets really old. If I do paint it I will have to do it in stages. Like the hood then fenders so on and so forth. Red paint is really expensive, let alone automotive paint. Im not sure if I want to do something cheaper like white or stay with the red. Thoughts?
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #315
Tiotaboy is on a distinguished road

Name: Robbie
Tiotaboy's Tacoma Gallery
White for sure
Old 07-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #316
flash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Alex
flash9588's Tacoma Gallery
This is a heavy suggestion, and if you go this route you'll have to be very careful, but my last truck I painted with endura paint. I color matched it to toyota's gun metal grey, the original color of my truck, I think the litre and half of paint plus 2nd component cost me around 150-200 bucks, about the price it would cost to do a half decent job with rattle cans. Endura is used to paint heavy equipment like drilling rigs and is insanely strong, but it's very toxic while painting so be sure to wear a good respirator. That's my two cents.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #317
flash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to behold

Here's my old truck, you can see the painting process somewhere along in the pictures...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...ta-pickup.html
Old 07-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #318
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash9588 View Post
This is a heavy suggestion, and if you go this route you'll have to be very careful, but my last truck I painted with endura paint. I color matched it to toyota's gun metal grey, the original color of my truck, I think the litre and half of paint plus 2nd component cost me around 150-200 bucks, about the price it would cost to do a half decent job with rattle cans. Endura is used to paint heavy equipment like drilling rigs and is insanely strong, but it's very toxic while painting so be sure to wear a good respirator. That's my two cents.
Quote:
Here's my old truck, you can see the painting process somewhere along in the pictures...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...ta-pickup.html
Sweet thanks! My only concern with that option is I wonder if that paint is even legal in California. It honestly wouldnt surprise me if it's illegal...
Old 07-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #319

Quote:
Sweet thanks! My only concern with that option is I wonder if that paint is even legal in California. It honestly wouldnt surprise me if it's illegal...
sheesh, heavy restrictions out there eh? Why don't you go upstate and buy some. Find a place in the nearest city, get a color code and purchase a mix...I dunno the states too well but maybe Florence, OR (that's the furthest I've been south other than Bend, OR)?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #320
Firefighter:
Quote:
sheesh, heavy restrictions out there eh? Why don't you go upstate and buy some. Find a place in the nearest city, get a color code and purchase a mix...I dunno the states too well but maybe Florence, OR (that's the furthest I've been south other than Bend, OR)?
Welcome to California...