LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TACOMABOSS's build

View Poll Results: How do you like my truck?
I like it 43 82.69%
I hate it 2 3.85%
Needs more mods 10 19.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
TACOMABOSS's build

My parents bought me this truck in June of 2011 bone stock. Im the 3rd owner. Bought it with 131,xxx miles on it.There was a lot of stuff missing that I replaced and I think i got it all. For instance, front mud flaps were missing (that I ended up taking off anyway ), window latch, the antenna nut/ bushing, and a lot of other miscellaneous stuff. Also, changed the timing belt, water pump, radiator hoses, thermostat, and flushed the radiator. The previous owner got new carpet for it but didnt cut the holes out for the storage in the back, so I fixed that. The original owner removed a leaf from the leaf pack to "make it ride better". Sorry for the cell phone pics, thats basically all I have. I will upload more pics once I find them.

How it looks today:

Specs:
-1996 3.4L V6
-4x4 SR5
-Sportsman Camo seat covers
-Bilstein 5100's
-Toytec/ Eibach coils
-Toytec 2" AAL
-32x11.5 Cooper Discoverer STT tires
-4 inch deckplate mod
-2 Hella 500 FF's 6,000K 55W HID
-1" Total Chaos diff drop
-JVC KW-XR610 double din stereo
-Black bumpers and grille
-Custom grille insert
-Pegasus HID projectors (6,000k 35W)
-Derp'ed rocker panels and hood
-Trail Gear 1600 lb clutch

Here's what it looked like when I got it:

My first mod was the new seat covers. I got Sportsman Camo Covers in Realtree AP and I would recomend them to anyone. Great product.

It stayed stock until September of 2011. It still had stock shocks and I wanted a lift and new meats. Ordered Bilstein 5100's for all four corners from DSM, Toytec 2" AAL and new bushing kit for the front struts from Toytec, and Cooper Discoverer STT 32x11.5x15 tires from a local tires shop. Also wanted black rims so I got some flat black spray paint and painted them.
During the install:

Here's what it looked like after the install:

Went camping with my girlfriend and realised I needed a camper shell but could not afford one, so I made one out of PVC and a tarp:

I originally wanted a CAI but decided against it and did the deckplate mod instead. I also capped off the silencers. Im pretty happy with it:

Then I decided that my stock headlights suck so I ordered some Hella 500's and mounted them on my bumper:

My dad had some chains from his truck that I found fit my tires so I will be using those in the winter:

JVC stereo:

Other pics:

Timeline with 552Jrider's truck and TocoTruck

Repainted my rear bumper:

HID Projectors

Painted grille, bumper, and made a grille insert

Derp'ed rocker panels

Plasti-dip'ed rocker panels and hood

Toytec/ Eibach front coils

New clutch kit, Trail Gear 1600 lb

The flywheel before resurfacing:

Old Clutch:

Old clutch up close:

New and old clutch:

My truck will never be "done" it will evolve. I will always be making changes or adding to it.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
Mount Sannine is on a distinguished road

Mount Sannine's Tacoma Gallery
How is the black paint holding on to the wheels BOSS?
Is it chipping? Did you sand the rims before spraying them?

Nice looking truck by the way. Keep it up,
Cheers
Old 01-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Sannine View Post
How is the black paint holding on to the wheels BOSS?
Is it chipping? Did you sand the rims before spraying them?

Nice looking truck by the way. Keep it up,
Cheers
thanks man all i did to the wheels was clean them up with some SOS pads and painted away. only a few small chips from wheeling
Old 01-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ToyWheeler View Post
Nice stereo man! haha.. Trucks looking great
thanks man
Old 01-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
98ToyWheeler is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
98ToyWheeler's Tacoma Gallery
How much bigger are your tires then the stock ones?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ToyWheeler View Post
How much bigger are your tires then the stock ones?
stock is 31x10.5 mine are 32x11.5
Old 02-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
truck looking great. our trucks will never stop from here. it will always have something to add on.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck, I like those seat covers
Old 02-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
truck looking great. our trucks will never stop from here. it will always have something to add on.
exactly. mine will never be done hahaha
Old 02-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
Good looking truck, I like those seat covers
Thanks
Old 02-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #13
New vehicle/Tacoma *****
theGastone is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
theGastone's Tacoma Gallery
You sir own my dream truck..

Lucky bastard..

ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGastone View Post
You sir own my dream truck..

Lucky bastard..

ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!
hahahaha be patient. the perfect one is out there u just gotta find it
Old 03-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #16
HedgehogOutdoors is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Explorer
Name: John
HedgehogOutdoors's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Designing a bed rack. not done yet
Nice, what program did you use to design that? I took 2 CAD classes this year, but our teacher had no idea how to use the programs so we taught ourselves. I know enough to have designed a hooligan bar in solidworks, and then made one out of wood. There's a video of it somewhere on YouTube. I don't think I could figure out how to use those programs like you did here, I would end up drawing it out by hand haha.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #17
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
"removed a leaf to make the ride better"

hahahahaha
Old 03-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #18
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgehogOutdoors View Post
Nice, what program did you use to design that? I took 2 CAD classes this year, but our teacher had no idea how to use the programs so we taught ourselves. I know enough to have designed a hooligan bar in solidworks, and then made one out of wood. There's a video of it somewhere on YouTube. I don't think I could figure out how to use those programs like you did here, I would end up drawing it out by hand haha.
lol a teacher that doesnt know what they are doing haha i get that stuff all the time. I used google sketchup. fairly easy to use just takes some time
Old 03-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #19
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
"removed a leaf to make the ride better"

hahahahaha
lol i couldnt beleive it
Old 03-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #20
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
If I could just make mine look like yours did stock, I'd be happy.

Also, where did you get the back window latch? Mine's broken.