Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Southern01Taco's build

Old 05-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #241
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
Yea that's about the same distance for me. We're planning on staying Friday night and Saturday night then heading home around lunch time on Sunday.
The only thing that sucks about that is that I won't be home until Saturday around 9 in the morning. So I doubt I could make it.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #242
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
The only thing that sucks about that is that I won't be home until Saturday around 9 in the morning. So I doubt I could make it.
Oh ok. Yea you wouldn't have hardly anytime to wheel with us.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #243
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This picture brought back some memories

Your wheel is a little higher off the ground though!

Old 05-28-2013, 05:07 AM   #244
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn dude. I see your front tire is knocked off the rim. Too low of air pressure?
Old 05-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #245
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Nah, I was running 17 or so. I think it just hit a root or something. Also, I had the wheel cranked all the way driver side trying to get out of the rut but just skidded directly down it. Seeing your truck like that makes me more confident in mine's stability (looks like our suspension setups & tire dimensions are similar). I was worried I was about to tip end over end. Hill was pretty steep.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCladTRD View Post
Nah, I was running 17 or so. I think it just hit a root or something. Also, I had the wheel cranked all the way driver side trying to get out of the rut but just skidded directly down it. Seeing your truck like that makes me more confident in mine's stability (looks like our suspension setups & tire dimensions are similar). I was worried I was about to tip end over end. Hill was pretty steep.
Oh ok. Yea that's actually kind of how I ended up like that, only the ground was real soft and slippery and my front tire slipped down into the rut without blowing the bead. I thought I was going to flop also. I think if it would have went a little farther, it probably would have. For as small as these little trucks are, it still amazes me of how stable they actually are.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #247
Consistently Irregular
Quote:
Oh ok. Yea that's actually kind of how I ended up like that, only the ground was real soft and slippery and my front tire slipped down into the rut without blowing the bead. I thought I was going to flop also. I think if it would have went a little farther, it probably would have. For as small as these little trucks are, it still amazes me of how stable they actually are.
Tell me about it! So you got winched out too then? It helps to have plenty of weight in the back, which from your build stats, looks like you do. Rear bumper is high on my wish list right now!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #248

Quote:
Tell me about it! So you got winched out too then? It helps to have plenty of weight in the back, which from your build stats, looks like you do. Rear bumper is high on my wish list right now!
Actually, no, I just drove out of it. The other front tire is actually sitting right in front of a drop off so when I eased forward the front dropped causing the rear end to come back down to the ground. Yea the extra weight out back definitely helps but believe it or not I don't have a whole lot of extra weight. The after market bumper weighs about as much as the factory bumper and hitch. The bed rack can't weigh much more than 125-150lbs because I picked it up and put in on the back of my truck by myself, it wasn't easy but I did lol. And the toolbox weighs about 50 pounds, maybe. Of course, then you have my heavy ass tires and rims, which weigh 100lbs a piece, easily.

Now I'm kind of curious about the actual numbers. I'm gonna go home and weigh some of the easily removable stuff just so I know exactly how much weight I've got back there.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #249
Consistently Irregular
Well that's cool! Haha I like how you say you don't have much extra weight and them list like 300 lbs worth of stuff off the top of your head. : P
Old 05-31-2013, 03:27 AM   #250
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Hands down! One of the best lookin' 1st gen I've seen. Not all "showy" built right and built to make the trials your bitch and tap out lol. Keep up the good work dude.

Wish I had the resources....mine will look similar one day lol slow but fun process.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #251

Quote:
Well that's cool! Haha I like how you say you don't have much extra weight and them list like 300 lbs worth of stuff off the top of your head. : P
I know lol. But it's not that much actually as a load. It's about the same ,if not exactly the same, as having a camper shell and a toolbox. The tires are on the ground and on all four corners, so they really cancel themselves out. I weighed the tires last night and they weigh 91.4lbs a piece lol. I knew they were heavy and I always guessed around 100lbs, so now I know that my guess was pretty close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
Hands down! One of the best lookin' 1st gen I've seen. Not all "showy" built right and built to make the trials your bitch and tap out lol. Keep up the good work dude.

Wish I had the resources....mine will look similar one day lol slow but fun process.
Thank you sir. Yea that's what I'm going for and so far I haven't put anything on here that I haven't used. Building the truck is half the fun, the other half is breaking it .
Old 06-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #252

I've finally got corner lights again. I just ordered a set of factory ones with the chrome background and then tinted them. It doesn't look great but its a hell of alot better than having the bulbs and sockets ziptied in the hole where the housings should be lol. I also tinted my 3rd brake light as a test to figure out the best way to use the shake can tint. I screwed it up the first time but just sanded it down and sprayed it again.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #253

I put some new lights in my bumper to replace the burnout halogens. They are just some no name brand LEDs off of amazon. They look like they are going to be pretty bright. I will post up some night pics tomorrow. This is all I have for now.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #254
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
as always

How many miles you have on this thing?
Old 06-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrunner View Post
as always

How many miles you have on this thing?
This happened on the way back from sicily lol.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #256

Night pics of my new fog lights.

No Lights

Fogs Only

Headlights Only

Headlights and Fog Lights

Old 06-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #257

Bought some doors today to cut up. I can't wait to get them finished. One isn't in the greatest shape but they are going to be trail doors anyway. I'm also going to straighten it out the best I can before I weld it back up and then paint them black. Here is a pic of where I'm at with them.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Subbed

Have fun welding the doors! Super thin hope it turns out good.
Oh I know exactly how hard it is to weld that thin stuff. It's aggravating but I've got 0.023 wire and I'm going to take my time to try not to warp them up too bad.