Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Southern01Taco's build

Old 10-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #281
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Are you gonna have everything replaced in time for Sicily?
Old 10-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #282
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Don't, really, know, how I missed this

Anyway... carry on
Old 12-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #283
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It's been quite a while since I updated this thread, mostly because I haven't done a whole lot to the truck other than wheel it. Let's see, I put a set of 285/75/16 mtr's on it as my daily tire. I installed an afe pro dry filter and I replaced upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tierods, an axle and axle seals.

The last wheeling trip I went on, which was to the Southern Cruiser Crawl at Superlift in Ark., there was quite a bit of destruction. Luckily I trailered the truck up there because by the end of the weekend I had broke a lower ball joint, 2 axles, and put some pretty dents in my skids and sliders.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #284
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
Taco No Baka's Tacoma Gallery
Dayum...that's quite a list of carnage.

I hope mine holds together a little better than that at the big (Florida) TW meet coming up next month.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #285
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco No Baka View Post
Dayum...that's quite a list of carnage.

I hope mine holds together a little better than that at the big (Florida) TW meet coming up next month.
Yea. The balljoint and first axle wasn't anything that I did. It happened at the end of a really easy trail. I was actually following a stock 4wd 3rd gen 4runner, if that says anything. The balljoint just let loose and the axle went with it. I ended up changing, both, the ball joint and axle while winched to a tree on the side of a hill lol. The second axle was from stupidity. A hard bounce + boggers + supercharger = broken shit lol.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #286
Interco Tire Snob
Taco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco No Baka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ran across a Youtube vid from y'all's Sicily meet back in Feb. Dayum, that looked like fun. Great video.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #287
Master of Yotas I Am
TRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Master Yota
TRDtexasTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #288
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Doooood your truck makes me when come the tons?
Old 01-13-2014, 05:28 AM   #289

Quote:
Ran across a Youtube vid from y'all's Sicily meet back in Feb. Dayum, that looked like fun. Great video.
Yea we usually have a pretty good time up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDtexasTaco View Post
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrunner View Post
Doooood your truck makes me when come the tons?
Thanks. Hopefully within the next year or so. I'm actually trying to build my house, finally, so once that is done then I'll start collecting parts.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:11 AM   #290
Interco Tire Snob

Hehe, our annual (my first, actually) meet at Citrus WMA was a lot of fun. Got some decent pics of the Odd Green Taco in action in my build thread if you're interested. Nothing super extreme, but had a great time.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #291

Finally got off my ass and decided to finish my doors. Here is my progress from today. Hopefully, I'll get them finished or at least close to finished tomorrow.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #292
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
Finally got off my ass and decided to finish my doors. Here is my progress from today. Hopefully, I'll get them finished or at least close to finished tomorrow.
Nice. It's looking really good.

BTW, what's up with those nice clean wheels and tires on that dirty ass truck? Wash that thing, will ya...but finish the doors first.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #293
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/ EMT
Name: Matt
Blueanimal's Tacoma Gallery
Those are his "street tires". He gets it dirty with his boggers
Old 02-09-2014, 03:10 AM   #294
Interco Tire Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueanimal View Post
Those are his "street tires". He gets it dirty with his boggers
I know all about that, lol. I'm running their slightly less aggressive brothers. I was just pointing out the incongruity between those clean wheels and tires and the dirty truck. It looks kinda bizarre.

I gotta say though, it's freakin' cool that Sean can say those MTRs are his "street tires". Probably not a lot of folks could say that. In my case, my "street tires" are my Swampers...but then they're my off road tires too.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:11 AM   #295

Quote:
Nice. It's looking really good.

BTW, what's up with those nice clean wheels and tires on that dirty ass truck? Wash that thing, will ya...but finish the doors first.

Thanks. Lol yea I had intended on cleaning it this weekend but haven't gotten to it yet. The tires are clean because I got into the mud a couple weeks ago and it has rained a few times since. So the water on the road knocked the mud off of the tires but never rained hard enough to knock the rest off of the truck.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #296

I pretty much finished up my doors today. I still have to make the access panel and I plan on painting them with the shake can bedliner. I also drilled out my alternator and mounting bracket yesterday and put a grade 8, 7/16 bolt in it because it keeps breaking for some reason. I don't have pics of that but I have a few of the doors.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #297
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
Well I decided to go ahead a cut them without having the intention or material to weld them up yet. They came out pretty good and I might just sling some black primer on them and rock them like this for a little while. I took it down the highway a back and it is awesome! I can't wait to wheel with them.

someone else with half doors

Old 02-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
someone else with half doors

Awesome lol.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #299

Finished painting the doors, installed new mirrors and handles, then installed them on the truck for some adjustments. Also put some turnbuckles on my toolbox to hold it down.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #300
Interco Tire Snob

Outstanding! Nice work again. I would like a better detailed pic of how you did the inside door handle though. I couldn't really see what you did there. Pic was too grainy.

Only thing I think would have made it better is if you had painted it gloss black to match the rest of the truck.

BTW, while doing some brake service, I destroyed one of those chrome center caps you didn't like on my rear wheels. Anyway, I opted to paint the axle flanges Rustoleum Camo Green (which doesn't quite match my OD Green body paint) and leave the center caps off. Doesn't look terrible, but I dunno if I like it or not. I'll see if I can get some pics later.