Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Southern01Taco's build

Old 02-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #41
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Man those yellow fogs and retros are looking sick man!! I like them a lot makes your truck look like a different one than what I saw on the trip.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #42
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Yea they completely changed the look of the truck. I wasn't expecting it to be that dramatic of a change but I love them lol.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #43
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sliders are on. Here are a couple of crappy pics. I will get some better ones soon.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #44
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #45

Here are some pics of my truck from this past weekend. We went to Catahoula Recreation Area in Sicily Island. I had a blast and got to try out my sliders

Edit: I almost forgot. It rolled over to 200k on the way up there.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #46

Here are a few videos I got with my go pro. I have a couple more but I haven't had time to upload them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKg3Qn09sos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m18D_T7ed0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC5W2L3_oJs
Old 03-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #47

My recovery gear and synthetic line came in today. I'm just waiting on the hawse fairlead.

Also I made a hi-lift base, a couple weeks ago, out of some scrap metal laying around at work. I used it on the sicily island trip and it worked great. Here is some pics of it.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #48
What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
My recovery gear and synthetic line came in today. I'm just waiting on the hawse fairlead.

Also I made a hi-lift base, a couple weeks ago, out of some scrap metal laying around at work. I used it on the sicily island trip and it worked great. Here is some pics of it.

Damn that base looks like a torture device.

I'm liking the innovation though.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #49

Thanks lol. I was trying to make sure it doesn't slip when using it offroad. I kind of went overboard with the spikes but it works great lol. I also made the base twice the size of the factory base to give it a better footprint. I'm going to find some way to attach a piece of rubber to the bottom of the factory base so that it won't slip as easy on concrete or asphalt.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #50
What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!
Jonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonyd182 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
Jonyd182's Tacoma Gallery
Sean,

How's your rear plate light holding up? I'm still on the fence on what to do with mine and I'm not sure if should go bolt LED's or the "flip" style
Old 03-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #51

So far its doing great. It actually has lasted longer than I expected, as flimsy and cheap as it felt when I put it on.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #52

Updated pics and mod list in the op. Pics are with the painted fogs, retrofits, sliders, and rear LEDs. My next thing is I have some clear corners ordered and I have to figure out how to open them up to paint them the same as my headlights. The ones that are in now are black but do not match and it is driving me crazy. I starting collecting parts for my OBA and I've also been thinking about getting the vision x rock lights, but not sure yet.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #53
123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed123ROBERTELEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
123ROBERTELEE's Tacoma Gallery
Rig is looking sick bro!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #54

Thanks man.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #55

A little update. We went back to sicily island this weekend. I should have the videos downloaded in a couple days and pics should be posted up soon also. I broke a cv joint and didn't have a spare or the tools to change it so I just limped it home like it was. After I got home I got the axle out and ordered another one. I should have it back going tomorrow. Other than that one thing I had a great time.

I also got some ammo cans on my way home. Some old man was selling them out of the back of his truck on the side of the road, so I stopped and picked up a couple.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #56
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find on the ammo cans!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #57

Truck's fixed. Time to clean it and see what all damage is being covered up by the mud. I'm a little afraid lol.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
Very clean rig! How are you liking the KL71's?
Thanks. They are an awesome pulling tire. I definitely recommend these tires to anyone. The mileage is decent, I've gotten in 40-45k range with them and they are about ready to be changed. But for them to be wore out they still pull pretty good.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #60

In the process of cleaning the truck right now, the lazy way lol. I put it out in the rain with sprinkler underneath and moved the sprinkler around every hour or so. Oh and if anyone wants to see a few pics of our wheeling trip this past weekend, you can see them here.