Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Southern01Taco's build

Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Southern01Taco's build

So I decided to make me a build thread. I would have started it a long time ago but I didn't realize I would go as far with the truck as I have. So I'm going to try to list everything I have done so far. Then put up some pics of the progress from start to where I'm at now.

Suspension:
Toytec Coilovers with 600lb springs
Dakar Leaf Springs
Bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Wheelers extended rear brake line
Removed sway-bar
Diff drop

Wheels/Tires:
33 x 10.5/16 Super Swamper Boggers
16x8 Cragar Soft 8's with 5" backspacing
Stock rims and 285/75/16 Goodyear MTR's for daily use
Spidertrax spacers

Armor/Exterior:
Elite Front Bumper
Elite Rear Bumper
CBI Bolt-on Sliders
Homemade Bed Rack
Homemade Skids (bash plate, oil pan, trans., t-case, gas tank)
Grillcraft Grille
Large tool box mounted on bed rack
4' Firestik
Pop & Lock tailgate lock
Half Doors

Lights:
Retrofits with blacked out housings
Factory corner lights, tinted
LightForce 240 Blitz
4" LEDs in front bumper
Slimcubby LED offroad lights
Blinker mod
LED Rock Lights

Engine/Drivetrain:
Deckplate mod
AFe Pro Dry filter
Trd Supercharger
URD 7th Injector
URD 2.2 supercharger pulley
Flex-a-Lite Dual Electric Fans
grey wire mod
GM cs144 alternator
Big 3 upgrade to 4awg
4.88 Gears
Front ARB Locker
Small compressor for locker

Interior:
Weathertechs
Ultra-gauge
Cobra CB
Pioneer aftermarket radio
35% tint on doors and 5% on the rear windows
Switch panel under the radio
Switch panel that replaced ash tray
.50 cal ammo can for storage
Dual gauge pod
AEM digital boost gauge
AEM digital wideband gauge
Digital Voltmeter in factory clock
Blue sea USB outlet
Hand Throttle on shifter
OTRATTW Switches

Recovery:
Hi-lift
Homemade Hi-lift base
Warn M8000
Amsteel Blue Synthetic line
10lb Powertank
Recovery kit
MV50 air compressor

I'm sure there is something else that I missed. So on to the pictures. If you would like to see a more detailed picture or have questions about something above, feel free to ask.

As it sits today.

A couple days after I bought it.

Lift and tint

Rims, tires, spacers, and grillcraft.

Elite front, 4" lights, LF 240's, and winch.

Elite rear.

Bed bar with autozone lights, hi-lift, CB antenna

That is kind of summarized but gives you and idea of my progress and where I'm at as of right now.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got my rear lights installed today and my headlights came in also. I'm just waiting on the TRS group buy list to fill up so I can order my projectors.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man! nice taco
Old 01-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #4

Thanks.

Here are some night pictures of all of my lights, including the new LEDs.

Headlights

Headlights and Westin 4" fogs

Headlights, 4" fogs, and LF 240's

Reverse lights

LEDs

Old 01-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #6

Thanks
Old 01-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
The LED's look sick man I like them a lot.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome looking truck! If you had gotten wheels with 4" backspacing would you have needed the spacers? Any rubbing so far?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey badger View Post
The LED's look sick man I like them a lot.
Thanks, yea they are ridiculously bright. So far I'm completely satisfied with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khegewald View Post
Awesom looking truck man
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Baum View Post
Awesome looking truck! If you had gotten wheels with 4" backspacing would you have needed the spacers? Any rubbing so far?
Thanks. Honestly, I don't really know. I've heard that this style rim hits the brake caliper. And as far as tire rub, I get a lot at full flex. In this pic, the front and rear tires were stuffed so hard that the truck didn't want to move, but I just powered through and luckily didn't tear anything up/off lol.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #10

I just ordered CBI bolt-on sliders. Hopefully they will be in before our next wheeling trip. Also, I added new pics to the OP.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #11
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
beautiful tacoma ! looks awesome I need to get me front and rear elite bumpers
Old 01-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
beautiful tacoma ! looks awesome I need to get me front and rear elite bumpers
Thanks. Yea I love mine.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #13

I got a couple of small things in the mail today and I also placed my order for the retrofits.

My neoprene cover for my hi-lift.

And deflators. No more messing around with valve stems. It took a little while to get them set just right but it will make it so much easier out on the trail. Now I need to start collecting parts for my OBA. As far as compressors, I think I'm just going to get either a pair of superflow mv50's or one mv90. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #14

So it has been pouring rain here for the last day or two and since hunting season is finally over I figured I would take this opportunity to have a little fun. I took a ride on the powerlines behind my house and almost buried my truck in a hole I had to winch out of once before. But this time I wasn't going to let it get the best of me so I put the hammer down and worked my way out. Here is the pictures of the aftermath.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #15

My retrofit's should be here tomorrow, so I decided to go ahead and pull apart my housings. I can't wait to get them installed.

I think I'm going to paint the housings and shrouds black. Like the one pictured below. This picture is from sander1036's thread.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #16
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
BAMF TACO
Lostoam311 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
Lostoam311's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Lostoam311 Send a message via Skype™ to Lostoam311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
My retrofit's should be here tomorrow, so I decided to go ahead and pull apart my housings. I can't wait to get them installed.

I think I'm going to paint the housings and shrouds black. Like the one pictured below. This picture is from sander1036's thread.

dude, these are sick! where'd ya get em??! My HID's keep going out and I'm sick of paying $40 a pop every couple months... like the idea of projector headlights with HID's instead... looks good man! thx for sharing...
Old 02-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Looks good man!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostoam311 View Post
dude, these are sick! where'd ya get em??! My HID's keep going out and I'm sick of paying $40 a pop every couple months... like the idea of projector headlights with HID's instead... looks good man! thx for sharing...
I ordered them from theretrofitsource.com through a group buy.

Mine came in today and I got a little done on them. I painted the housings yesterday. I painted the shrouds and installed the projectors today. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get the projectors adjusted straight, get the lens' back on the housings and maybe get them installed on the truck. Here are a couple pics of them so far.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #20
Redheadedrider113 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
Redheadedrider113's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks awsome
what lift do you have on it?
how do you like the retros?
were they hard to install and what paint did you use?