Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

EAST COAST CANADA TACOMA

Old 02-13-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
CrackaBruski is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
CrackaBruski's Tacoma Gallery
EAST COAST CANADA TACOMA

Hey, I am new to the site and new to the tacoma world. This is my first truck, always drove VW's all my life. I thouhgt I would start this thread so I can ask questions,get feedback,idea's, ect. from you guys becuase I know I will have questions along the way as well as I would love to get info on things I should know.

I picked up a 2004 Tacoma TRD, 5 speed, ext cab, 151xxx miles, works perect I am totaly in love with it thus far. Dont really have much done to it but I plan on gearing it up for off performing off road as well as driving it everyday.

I bought the truck totaly 100% stock, the only things I have done it so far was a K&N intake,2" front spacers, 1 1/4" rear shackels(daystar),33x12.50R15 Kumho KL71 M/T, 15x8 -12 offset soft 8's, as well as other little things like audio blah blah blah.

So if you guys could point me in the right directions on what to get,things I should be getting/getting done, I will take all the info you can feed me. Thanks!!!

Here are a couple shots of how the truck sits right now.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
CrackaBruski is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
CrackaBruski's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to say this right off, I know the first things someone is going to say is get rid of the spacers and get Bilstein 5100. I have done more reading up on this site and thats all I hear people talking about when they talk about lifting a tacoma.

I can see why it is a good idea to get rid of the spacers becuase when I do go off road they 33's are rubbing my fenders pritty good, I need more hight then the 2".

How high does the Bilstein 5100 take yea? What all do I need to buy for front and rear? I seen some on ebay that are the Bilstein 5100 front struts and rear shocks, but what do I need for a front spring and what do I use in the rear for lift? Can I use the 1 1/4" shackle I have now with like a 1" add a leaf?

If I can get some feed back on what I should be looking at, maybe even some sites that are good to buy from, remember I am in canada so a canadian site or sites that ship to canada.

Thanks!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! and awesome looking rig, the tires looks sick
Old 03-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
DD03SR5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Derek
DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
hey man i have the 5100 at the highest notch got around 2.5" of lift and a 1.5 aal in the rear i got 2 3/4". i know how you feel living in Canada trying to find parts!!