So I started the body lift removal on Saturday and everything went pretty smooth until the end. It's actually really straight forward and I did it by myself but could only do the cab portion BECAUSE I was by myself. It looks a little funny with the bed being higher but I don't care-I just needed to know if I would rub with the 33x12.50x15's. I don't rub a bit, not even at full lock. The bed lift will be off by Thursday.
I took a few pics but like I said it was really straight forward-if you are slightly mechanically inclined this will be cake. On to the pics with some explainations:
First I looked around to determime what needed to be removed first. There where a few brackets that needed to be removed along with the stock brake line bracket. **I forgot to disconnect the steering extension-this became a major issue, don't be like me!!!
Stock brake line bracket-there is one on the passenger side also:
The I removed the bumper by disconnecting these lovely brackets:
Next it was on to removing the body lift bolts. The front ones were behind the front bumper:
There is another set in the front floor board:
And there is one more that I did not take a picture of behind the rear seats in the corner.
I highly recommend getting the energy suspension mounts if you are donig this-came with everything and feels really nice. You will need to remove the stock mount/brackets and use Energy's:
I lifted the body by the nerf bars. ***I realize this isn't the safest way to jack up the vehicle but I lived and in no way suggesting you do what I did. Lift the body at your own risk!
I failed to mention that it has been suggested that you remove one side at a time. This is what I did. One issue that I ran into was that I did not see any body alignment marks. I feel like I got mine pretty straight but I have no way to tell really other than eye-balling it.
Now back to that steering extension. I can admit that sometimes I get ahead of myself and I did for sure in this case. I got everything down and dropped the body down, went to back out and the wheel spun freely. Tires didn't move. I thought shit what did I do?! Looked underneath and saw it... I removed it and for some reason it seemed like the stock steering shaft was about 2 inches too short. I ended up stripping a bolt for a connecting peice and decided to go to the junk yard the next day for that peice.
I went to th junk yard and found my peice but thought hey, while I'm here let me see how hard that whole steering assembly is to extract. It wasn't.. The only problem, or so I thought, was how much they would charge me. I had to get a set of top hats from there and spent $71 on two used rusty struts so I assumed I was fucked here. I licked out and got some chick that didn't know how much to charge me-$24.98. I feel like I got some of the money back they fucked me out of last week.
Enough of that-here is a pic of both parts. The top one is my original, if you look close you can see that it is shorter than the new(used) one.
And here is why. I pushed this up, causing my steering wheel to spin freely and it wouldn;t move back down enough to connect the steering.
I realize this isn't exactly a guide but hopefully my experience will help people in the future that want to attepmt the same proccess.
Since I had no rubbing issues at all I stuck with 33x12.50x15 and ordered some Kuhmo Venture M/T. Got them for $196 a tire (usually $273 at Discount). I'll post more pics when the bed is dropped and tires are on.