Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

03 Double cab 4x4 build

Old 05-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #41
Tacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant future

Name: Sarah
Tacomagirl64's Tacoma Gallery
I had a chance to go out to Silverado Canyon and Holy Jim while I was visiting friends in Orange County this weekend. A few pics from the trip:

Old 05-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #42
DEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEZERT TOY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DEZERT TOY's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #43
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome Sarah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZERT TOY View Post
Nice truck woman!
Fixed that for ya
Old 05-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #44
Tacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant futureTacomagirl64 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Looks awesome Sarah!!

Fixed that for ya
Thank you and thanks for fixing that lol
Old 05-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZERT TOY View Post
Nice truck man!
Thank you!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #46
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Me likey.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco52 View Post
Looks good. Me likey.
Thank you
Old 07-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #48

Hoping for some opinions please. I am contemplating a change of wheels and I really want to get as close to an all black wheel as I can. My choices are to either pick up a new wheel like the KMC enduros (not set on it but its a start) in a 16 or 17 and sell mine, or paint the ones I have now completely black? I also need tires and would like a more aggressive look but my truck is my daily driver for the time being. I am thinking either 285/295 or bigger if I can. I live in AZ now but am considering a move to Colorado within the next year so I need something that is good on/off road and in the snow and rain. I have done lots of research on here and it seems that I should get either Duratracs or Nitto Trail because the KM2s were not as good in the snow but they are the ones that I would like or something similar.Any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #49
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomagirl64 View Post
Hoping for some opinions please. I am contemplating a change of wheels and I really want to get as close to an all black wheel as I can. My choices are to either pick up a new wheel like the KMC enduros (not set on it but its a start) in a 16 or 17 and sell mine, or paint the ones I have now completely black? I also need tires and would like a more aggressive look but my truck is my daily driver for the time being. I am thinking either 285/295 or bigger if I can. I live in AZ now but am considering a move to Colorado within the next year so I need something that is good on/off road and in the snow and rain. I have done lots of research on here and it seems that I should get either Duratracs or Nitto Trail because the KM2s were not as good in the snow but they are the ones that I would like or something similar.Any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
my buddy has duratracs and he loves them, hes a snowboard instructor so hes up in snow all the time and he says they do really well.

also, the easiest/cheapest thing to do is to plastidip your rim and see how it looks fully black. that way if you dont like it, you can peel it off
Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by white toy taco View Post
my buddy has duratracs and he loves them, hes a snowboard instructor so hes up in snow all the time and he says they do really well.

also, the easiest/cheapest thing to do is to plastidip your rim and see how it looks fully black. that way if you dont like it, you can peel it off
Cool thanks! I was going to plastidip them this weekend, but it turns out flat black and I was going to go for a more painted gloss look. I may do it still just to see and then if I don't like it peel it off and sell them and buy others. Thanks for the input. I am leaning towards the Duratracs tire wise! Thanks again!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #51

Just finished installing my maglite. Sorry for the bad cell phone picture. Now heading out to shampoo those horrible carpets

Old 07-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #52
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
How strong are those mounts? Im thinking of something like that but dont want to injure people if it pops out
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #53

They are plastic mounts and seem pretty solid when the light is sitting in them, but they are really flimsy when the light is out. They clamp the light really tight so I don't see it flying out at all. I like this location the best because it is easy to get to without getting in the way of things!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #54

So, just spent the weekend working on the tacoma and now I want to spend more money on it! I just replaced the rack and pinion and tie rods and replaced the stock bushings with energy suspension ones. Not too much of a difference with the bushings, but definitely glad that my steering rack no longer leaks My next purchase is a set of UCAs so that I turn my coilovers up higher. I have done some research on here, and it seems that Camburg and Total Chaos are the way to go! Anyone have any thoughts on which to buy? Would like to place my order by this weekend so I can install them on my next day off! Thanks in advance
Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #55
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nice! and yea both those manufacturers are great. personally i would go with total chaos, mainly because i want that sticker that they give you

metaltech4x4 has the cheapest ive seen and i think they also have a discount for TW members.
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-275-96...unner-uca.aspx
Old 07-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by white toy taco View Post
nice! and yea both those manufacturers are great. personally i would go with total chaos, mainly because i want that sticker that they give you

metaltech4x4 has the cheapest ive seen and i think they also have a discount for TW members.
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-275-96...unner-uca.aspx
That's awesome! Thanks for the info! I have been leaning towards TC so I think I will stick with that choice! Hope to have them installed as soon as they get to my door!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #57
505 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomagirl64 View Post
That's awesome! Thanks for the info! I have been leaning towards TC so I think I will stick with that choice! Hope to have them installed as soon as they get to my door!
yea no problem. be sure to post pics that way i can over them and be super
Old 07-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #58
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
for Sarah!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #60

Got my lightbar setup for sale in the FS section if anyone is interested! Also the tonneau cover for the doublecab