Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Building out the new truck

Old 02-25-2014, 09:10 PM   #61
abunch is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
abunch's Tacoma Gallery
So I am getting this hollow clunk out of my drivers side wheel area whenever I hit a pothole. It sounds like a blown shock, ca-thud. I inspected everything today, looked for any play in the linkage, looked for oil and no obvious cause showed itself.

Has anyone had a billy 5100 break without any exterior visual signs?

My mechanic agrees it is the strut without me telling him what I thought it was.

This kind of gives me an excuse to buy some coil overs I saw in the 1st gen market place...
Old 02-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #62
Downhill daddy is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
Downhill daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Best Tundra brake mod source

MAndzach...

See this link for Speedys Garage

http://www.speedysgarage.net/sportrunner/

He did it on a four Runner, but it's the same for a first gen Taco. I did my upgrade exactly like Speedy instructs, right down to the red paint and custom Trd decals. My Taco stops like wife's BMW now.

He is also a great source for supercharging a 3.4
Old 04-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #63

abunch's Tacoma Gallery
found a deal on jba long tube headers. not really a motor building guy, but the price is nice and they are brand new in the box. anyone every use these? use to have a set on my honda years ago and they seemed to add a little bump.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #64

abunch's Tacoma Gallery
sliders, icons, and new tail gate done. couple more items ti button up before the trip west in about a week….and i am closing on house before we leave….gonna be a very busy week.
Attached Thumbnails
Building out the new truck-screen-shot-2014-06-18-10.03.20-pm.jpg   Building out the new truck-screen-shot-2014-06-18-10.03.13-pm.jpg   Building out the new truck-screen-shot-2014-06-18-10.03.07-pm.jpg  
Old 06-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #65
braaAAAP
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck man! Those F5's look great on your ride.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #66

abunch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipps View Post
Awesome truck man! Those F5's look great on your ride.

Thanks! I am headed to your neck of the woods in about a 2 weeks, badlands to the bighorns, to Yellowstone, then over to portland. Any recommendations on must see places would be awesome!
Old 06-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #67
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Solid build man.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #68
yf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyf19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yf19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by abunch View Post
sliders, icons, and new tail gate done. couple more items ti button up before the trip west in about a week….and i am closing on house before we leave….gonna be a very busy week.
Did you clearance the top corners of the tailgate reinforcement to clear the topper or is that how it came? I just ordered mine and the prototype pic they have on their website looks different. Just wondering if they made that change.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #69
braaAAAP
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks! I am headed to your neck of the woods in about a 2 weeks, badlands to the bighorns, to Yellowstone, then over to portland. Any recommendations on must see places would be awesome!

Right on man! The big horns are right out my back door. 14 through Dayton is a really nice drive and has a lot of little trail systems inbetween to check out.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:06 AM   #70

abunch's Tacoma Gallery
I had had to get it to fit with the camper shell so I used a grinder to cut back the top corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yf19 View Post
Did you clearance the top corners of the tailgate reinforcement to clear the topper or is that how it came? I just ordered mine and the prototype pic they have on their website looks different. Just wondering if they made that change.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #71

abunch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipps View Post
Right on man! The big horns are right out my back door. 14 through Dayton is a really nice drive and has a lot of little trail systems inbetween to check out.

thanks. yea headed west on 14. Need to camp there over night. Seems like lots of FR to camp off of. Any recommendations on some camp spots with good scenery?
Old 06-22-2014, 09:21 PM   #72
braaAAAP

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks. yea headed west on 14. Need to camp there over night. Seems like lots of FR to camp off of. Any recommendations on some camp spots with good scenery?

There's a pretty cool spot I believe it's trail head #10. I camped out there this weekend for the first time and it had a nice view and isn't far off of 14. Other than that I haven't done a whole lot of camping further up 14 besides hitting trails on Red Grade and Black Mountain Road.