Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

99 Tacoma build TRD OFF ROAD

Old 03-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #21
WV, VA, NC places i roam in the Yota
Jsimp will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
here is a little video of my lights the car isnt on so everthing is a little more dim.

http://youtu.be/EveRf5BN0r0
Old 03-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
Boilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Boilermaker99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepuck72 View Post
Seeing that this is my old rig here are my comments:

Like the blacked out bumpers. less chrome is better.
Not a fan of the blacked out Toyota Emblem or the lights. Looks a little ghetto fab to me.
Lights don't look too bad up top of the Yakima bar.
You cleaned it up nicely...the last 3 years I used it, it was my landscaping truck so it got quite dirty.
One last comment, YOU WILL NOT pass inspection. From the lights, to the blacked out lenses, it won't pass. Troopers and other locals will pull you constantly. Plus, it's a safety issue IMHO. Blacked out tails are a no-no. Other than that she looks good. Take care of my baby.
Hater
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #23
Gleason05 will become famous soon enough

Name: Codie
Gleason05's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking truck man, i live in Goochland but ive seen your truck before in shortpump
Old 03-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #25

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleason05 View Post
Nice looking truck man, i live in Goochland but ive seen your truck before in shortpump
i go out to goochlland a lot. use to date some girls out there aslo took my truck through a few feilds out there, hope none were yours.

yeah you probably withh see her many more times in short pump
Old 03-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #26
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
If this were my truck, I'd change out the switches you put on the console (a bit ghetto, IMO) and pick up some zombie switches. Check the net, they're out there. There's more discussion on the Jeep forums. Basically, a switch with etched laser cutting with various LED backlighting. Check it out! And yes, my Jeep will be Zombie certified one of these days (but not my Tacoma).
Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #28

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirkpatrick View Post

i was planning on getting the regualar rocker swith like that. but i like the zombie one. ill have to look more into those. thanks for the idea.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #29
Boilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoilermaker99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Boilermaker99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepuck72 View Post
It's all good....I just want to warn you with the cops...I got pulled several times for stupid things....and I had Firefighter tags on! Even had a State Trooper pull me on 95N and actually got out a measuring tape to measure my height. This was on a Friday afternoon during rush hour.
Soory bout that...Sounds like the Statey was the hater!!!

I know how it is sellin a baby and seeing it change.

A few yrs ago I spent hundreds of hours restoring a 64 1/2 split window VW bus and sold it to a lady who gave it to her 16 yr old son. Driving down the road past an accident I saw said dumb@#s with the VW smashed to hell from running a red while trying to light a joint. Heartbreaking.

I was just razzin ya about the hater comment bud.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #30

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
clean head lights. used some toothpaste.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #31

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
debaging. should i take off the v6? and what about the one on the doors? if anyone has pictures of the debaged doors that would be great

Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #32

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
debaged a few things ill get pictures of the side one tomorrow.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #33

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
change out the switches to match

before

after

Old 03-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #34

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
was going to smoke the inside of my head lights but i started to late. didnt have time to do the over thing and paint and put my grill all back together before the rain. so i just tinted the outer part while i had it all taken apart.

not much different. but it will be darker when i smoke the inside.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #35
Galt/Rearden 2012
whatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the rough
whatatoy's Tacoma Gallery
could you post a some pics on how those lights are mounted in the front bumper... I'm wanting the same thing but I would like to see some close ups before I commit to it... also a pic or two from behind would be great - thanks
Old 03-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #36

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatatoy View Post
could you post a some pics on how those lights are mounted in the front bumper... I'm wanting the same thing but I would like to see some close ups before I commit to it... also a pic or two from behind would be great - thanks
yeah man ill go take some now. did you mean take some from behind the lights? or behind the truck? ill take both just incase.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #37

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
here are the close ups on the PIAA lights in the front bumper as requested. if you can see the plastic piece is cut so they fit nice and snug. hope these help

Old 03-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #38
Galt/Rearden 2012
whatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the rough
thanks man - I appreciate it a bunch because I am buying my lights this week to do this same thing and it's always good to see it done before... you got a nice truck there - I'm kinda jealous.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #39

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatatoy View Post
thanks man - I appreciate it a bunch because I am buying my lights this week to do this same thing and it's always good to see it done before... you got a nice truck there - I'm kinda jealous.
no problem. yes i agree with seeing it done before you do it. (thats the main reason i joined TW. and is that bed liner on the bottom half of your truck? i would like the bed line the bottom of mine but im to scared ill 100% do it by next winter. i hate when salt sits on my paint.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #40
Galt/Rearden 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsimp View Post
no problem. yes i agree with seeing it done before you do it. (thats the main reason i joined TW. and is that bed liner on the bottom half of your truck? i would like the bed line the bottom of mine but im to scared ill 100% do it by next winter. i hate when salt sits on my paint.

Yes it is - rustoleum shake and spray rattle can stuff - pretty tough stuff - I only have 1 chip in it and I'm not sure how it happened... but, I can just spray some more on. It was super easy to put on - I did a write up on all the mods to my truck on my build thread - click the truck in my signature to see further details - and the lights will be next on the mod list...