Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

99 Tacoma build TRD OFF ROAD

Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #41
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I'm curious how your roof rack mounts on? i fabbed one the other day but i'm not sure how to mount it when I get lights. Maybe trade rack pics for sub pics???
Old 03-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #42
WV, VA, NC places i roam in the Yota
Jsimp will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Hey I'm curious how your roof rack mounts on? i fabbed one the other day but i'm not sure how to mount it when I get lights. Maybe trade rack pics for sub pics???
its a Yakima roof rack. that hooks on the door, and the back one is bolted on. excuse my crappy wiring for the lights. im trying to find a better place to run it but im pretty limited. and the lights i just drilled holes in the rack. if you want a picture of that i can get you one. also the electrical tape is just until i get silicone or something to seal the hold where i ran the wires into the rack.

if anyone has a suggestion on where to run the wire into the truck id love to hear. i tryed through the back window and i hated how i could see the wire.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #43
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks man I thc no I see how that works... maybe run the wire through the tube to the back of the truck and through the back window???? And I took a few pics of my subs for you ill get those up in a hour or so.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #44
Dirty mall crawler

Oh, and another thing. How do u like your BL. Everyone on here talks crap about them but I'm interested in a 2" lift to get 5 . I like the way that looks with 33's since I wanna get tires and rims this summer.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #45

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, and another thing. How do u like your BL. Everyone on here talks crap about them but I'm interested in a 2" lift to get 5 . I like the way that looks with 33's since I wanna get tires and rims this summer.
i hate body lifts. i didnt put the lift on this truck. it a three inch BL and when you get on the interstate ramps it leans bad and feels like im gona flip. id only put a 1 inch body lift maybe two, but not three its too much. i plan on getting the 4 inch Old Man Emu lift. my dad has three of them and i love the ride. one day if i have the money ill take my body lift off. ill post a picture of it in a minute.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #46

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
body lift pictures.. i want to put something in there to hid the gap.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #47
Dirty mall crawler

Yea, i'd make some splash guards or somethin'. I'll probly get a 1" so I don't have to deal with shifter extensions and stuff. I just think 33's look better if the lift is 4 or 5 inches instead of just 3.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #48

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea, i'd make some splash guards or somethin'. I'll probly get a 1" so I don't have to deal with shifter extensions and stuff. I just think 33's look better if the lift is 4 or 5 inches instead of just 3.
yeah you also dont want a body lift bigger than the suspension... like me.. i hate it, but nothing i can do right now.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #49
Dirty mall crawler

Haha, yea that's what I was thinking. U still have your sway bar attached? A lot of guys on here take them off, and that would contribute ALOT to body roll. Even if so, new bushings might help you some.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #50

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha, yea that's what I was thinking. U still have your sway bar attached? A lot of guys on here take them off, and that would contribute ALOT to body roll. Even if so, new bushings might help you some.
mine is still on. its not that bad. i just would rather have a bigger suspension lift.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #51
Dirty mall crawler

Ok just checking. Your truck looks good man! And another thing. How do the tinted blinkers work for ya? I don't really like the blinkers on our style from end, but they look good blacked out.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #52

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok just checking. Your truck looks good man! And another thing. How do the tinted blinkers work for ya? I don't really like the blinkers on our style from end, but they look good blacked out.
yeah i dont like how the blinkers are in the bumper where fog lights should be.. not gona lie they are way to dark, and during the day its kinda hard to see. but when you think about it they are hard to see without the tint. but i like the look.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #53
Dirty mall crawler

I seriously dunno whether I want my lights tinted or chromed out. I'm kinda leaning towards the blacked out theme for my truck, but clear corner and blinked lights would look good too I think. With my Color truck its kinda hard to decide
Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #54

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the tinted tails look good on your truck id just smoke the fronts. to dark would maybe look weird.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #55
Dirty mall crawler

I'm gonna have to look into it. I've been itching for something to work on with my truck. I should extend my differential breathers too.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #56
Dirty mall crawler

Speaking of which, have you done the grey wire mod yet??
Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #57

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Speaking of which, have you done the grey wire mod yet??
yeah i did the grey wire mod. it took a total of 7 mins. its sick, i did a burnout at a stoplight pretty easy with it on. i havnt used it offroad to much but dont plan on using it on the road again kills my tires
Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #58
Dirty mall crawler

Yea I was just checking since i didn't catch it in you list. I just must not have seen it. I love mine too.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #59
babyblockTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Kai
babyblockTACO's Tacoma Gallery
beautiful rig, man.

i had a Q about your rack setup. I too have the Q stretch kit and towers, but am kinda reluctant to purchase the 48" crossbars...i feel like they look a lil short on the roof from all the rigs ive seen online. How long are yours, 48"?
Old 03-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #60

Jsimp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblockTACO View Post
beautiful rig, man.

i had a Q about your rack setup. I too have the Q stretch kit and towers, but am kinda reluctant to purchase the 48" crossbars...i feel like they look a lil short on the roof from all the rigs ive seen online. How long are yours, 48"?
im not sure on that. im out of town till sunday and dont have the truck with me to measure. i can find out on monday,