Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

02 Double Cab Build

Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotrd647 View Post
Holy shit, you weren't kidding! That fucker is wiiiiide! Sick build dude, what kit is that on the front?

Fab work looks amazing..looking forward to more progress!
Front kit is custom built by Johnny Branch bought it used off a buddy. And yeah she's wide. Track width is 87" outside to outside. Gonna be interesting trying to get used to it haha. Still gotta throw the spacers on in the rear too
Old 03-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #22
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Would a t100 axle be easier to find than a tundra axle? When you planning on doing the rear?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #23
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Would a t100 axle be easier to find than a tundra axle? When you planning on doing the rear?
Not sure if it would be easier to find but I want the tundra axle cuz its wider and I am not sure if I could run leafs outside the frame with the t100 axle. Doing the rear and caging the cab as soon as my funds permit. Within 6 months to a year she should be "done"
Old 03-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #24
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Right on man...ill be following this build..turning into my favorite truck on the site for sure!!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Right on man...ill be following this build..turning into my favorite truck on the site for sure!!
For sure dude. We'll see if ya like what is to come. I'm tryin to make this thing look like no other taco out there.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #26

Old 04-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #27
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
more pics DUDE!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #28

Added a couple more gussets to the coilbucket and shock mounts. Still gotta do a little more plating and run the tubes to the frame and over the engine. Also gonna try something pretty clean with the front bumper. Will post more pics as it progresses more and more.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #29
D SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Dylan
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man. I love the double cabs, are you planing on caging the entire truck?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #30
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
cantilever setup in the rear? sick ass truck bro!!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #31

Thanks guys. Yeah planning on a bumper to bumper cage in the next few months. Just picked up an 89 nissan 300zx so I won't have to drive this to work and school all the time. For the rear I am actually going to do a corr style link with coilovers mounted off the axle. Not really sure why I don't see more of them seems like the best route to go performance and price wise.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #32
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
Thanks guys. Yeah planning on a bumper to bumper cage in the next few months. Just picked up an 89 nissan 300zx so I won't have to drive this to work and school all the time. For the rear I am actually going to do a corr style link with coilovers mounted off the axle. Not really sure why I don't see more of them seems like the best route to go performance and price wise.
matt likes this
Old 04-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
matt likes this
Haha its gonna be rad to see how it turns out. Seems like my best chance to keep up with the front end. Have you read up on them at all? I have been talking to some friends about it and really haven't seard anything negative. Just thinkin there must be some reasons why more people don't run them.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #34

got the resi's mounted up with some pretty cool mounts. holds them perfect in place. started on the bumper still got a couple more tubes to throw in and mount the skid but its coming out pretty clean more props to my buddies. cant wait til its done so i can paint it. its been raining so it rusts up pretty quick drivin to work and such. still lookin for corner lights want to buy the oem ones cuz my ebay ones were shitty and broke on me. little by little its getting done. should be taking it in the dirt pretty soon once everything is gusseted but most of all the shock mounts still need to be beefed up. hard to find time to get it done between work and school but its coming along.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #36

Picked up some corner lights. Shaved the glass a little bit to get it to fit a little better. Still needs a little work but I am happy with the way it looks.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #37
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

Name: jordan
santabarbarataco's Tacoma Gallery
this truck i truely awesome. shes so widde
Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #38
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! And nice benz in the background
Old 04-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #39
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! Love to see 1st gen dbl cabs long traveled. Can't wait to see rear come alive. I'll be crossing that bridge not to far off.

Hey did u remove or relocate the windshield washer pump and tank when doing ur bumper? Bump looks good, similar to what we are almost done doing on mine. Just a lil extra work cuz front diff kinda hangs down in way.

Sick build man