Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

02 Double Cab Build

Old 03-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #402
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
hell ya!
Took the truck on some dirt today and all I can say is if any of you are thinking about doing solid mounts, do it now. It does vibrate considerably only when stopped in gear but the positives highly outweigh the negatives. The front end is noticeably more rigid and it works even better.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #403
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
exactly wat i did, i Even built my own frame perchs out of 1/4in plate steel so that shit wouldnt snap again. then some bomp proof mounts like yours. Does vibrate alot at a stop in gear, but its not to bad, and u get pretty use to it after a while. Make sure u solid mount that Tranny up asap!! i stacked 2 super fat washers in between the tranny mount.. (in the gap were my fingers are) Works great and the tranny never slips out of gear or even wiggles at all anymore when offroad. no pics of after i put the washers in but u get the idea
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #404
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGW01 View Post
exactly wat i did, i Even built my own frame perchs out of 1/4in plate steel so that shit wouldnt snap again. then some bomp proof mounts like yours. Does vibrate alot at a stop in gear, but its not to bad, and u get pretty use to it after a while. Make sure u solid mount that Tranny up asap!! i stacked 2 super fat washers in between the tranny mount.. (in the gap were my fingers are) Works great and the tranny never slips out of gear or even wiggles at all anymore when offroad. no pics of after i put the washers in but u get the idea
Awesome thanks for the suggestion. I will be getting on that quick and also boxing in those stock frame mounts.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #405
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
ya do it! before they completely explode like mine did! had to pull my whole motor, fabricate my own mounts, align/weld them up, and drop the motor back in all in one weekend... 28 hours of hell total in one weekend but never gonna have that problem again

Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #406
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

Name: jordan
santabarbarataco's Tacoma Gallery
that looks good! i really need to do this...
Old 03-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGW01 View Post
ya do it! before they completely explode like mine did! had to pull my whole motor, fabricate my own mounts, align/weld them up, and drop the motor back in all in one weekend... 28 hours of hell total in one weekend but never gonna have that problem again

Ouch sounds like a terrible headache haha. Looks stout now though! Gettin on it
Old 03-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #408
nbitzer is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
nbitzer's Tacoma Gallery
I just read this entire thread while sitting at work, and not working .

Freaking sick build up man...I bet that thing a really fun to drive!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbitzer View Post
I just read this entire thread while sitting at work, and not working .

Freaking sick build up man...I bet that thing a really fun to drive!
Right on man It is a ton of fun to drive everywhere haha
Old 03-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #410
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
You ever make it out to the hammers? Im working in a buddies crawler that should be good for next years run
Old 03-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
You ever make it out to the hammers? Im working in a buddies crawler that should be good for next years run
I actually got the truck done a week late to make it out last year but I will be out there next year for sure.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #412
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck, love the look of glass on first gens..
Old 03-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
nice truck, love the look of glass on first gens..
it is not going to look like a 1st gen too much longer though. Once the motor mounts are gusseted and the tranny is solid mounted, the front end is finally getting the new conversion.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:19 AM   #414

Got spotted freshly clay-barred and waxed.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #415

Yerf Dog haha

Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #416
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
maybe I missed it somewhere but who built your bedcage, its pretty much the exact desighn I want for mine just for a long bed
Old 04-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
maybe I missed it somewhere but who built your bedcage, its pretty much the exact desighn I want for mine just for a long bed
My friend Eric has actually built the entire truck. He just recently started doing a lot of fab work on the side now that he has a welder and bender at his house. PM me if you want and I can send you his number if you are still looking for someone to do it.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #418
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
wanna sell your front fenders? Are they the 4.5" ones?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
wanna sell your front fenders? Are they the 4.5" ones?
Sorry selling locally when they finally do come off...one day haha
Old 04-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #420
bobby632 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bobby
bobby632's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
it is not going to look like a 1st gen too much longer though. Once the motor mounts are gusseted and the tranny is solid mounted, the front end is finally getting the new conversion.

Ou should post pics of this once you're done. I'm wanting to do this