Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

02 Double Cab Build

Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #681
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Also found a little stress crack on the frame down at the lower arm mounts. My friend is going to cut them out and fabricate new mounts. Until then it is daily driving duties only.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #682
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
Also found a little stress crack on the frame down at the lower arm mounts. My friend is going to cut them out and fabricate new mounts. Until then it is daily driving duties only.

Without going back through the pages....are your lowers solid mounted?

How about some pics of said crack...

These things worry me the more I mob the more I worry lol.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #683
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
Without going back through the pages....are your lowers solid mounted?

How about some pics of said crack...

These things worry me the more I mob the more I worry lol.
The lowers are solid mounted just using plate between the stock alignment cams. Here is a picture of the crack. It is on the back mount where it connects to the stock crossmember. My friend is going to cut all of it out and build new mounts similar to what Solo Motorsports has done on 2nd gens.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #685

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
Oh wow...I need a friend like urs
Haha its nice because he treats the truck as if it is his own. I let him have a lot of driver seat time in the desert in return haha
Old 10-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #686
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Open 8.4" diffs fit in open tacoma axles, t100 axles and tundra axles. All the same diff.

T100 axles are also 1" narrower the tundra axles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Really? I've read tundras are 66 and t100s are 65. Tacomas are 60

Edit:

Ill be damned. They are the same axle.

And like I said. Same diff 8.4".

home.4x4wire.com/erik/diffs

Scroll to year and gen. But yes same axles
Old 10-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #687

Old 11-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #688

Just a couple small updates I picked up a fresh set of Toyo M/T's and a yellow top Optima for the truck. My friend is probably going to get going on the cross member plating next week to fix the crack and get the truck back out to the desert. He has been really busy at work prepping all the trucks for Baja there was no time for the Toyota. Here are some pics.

Super duty with C/O Bypass on the front, Deavers, Bypasses, and Airbags in the rear.

Sales Manager's Superduty

HRT Rig. Came down from Alberta Canada for the Baja 1000.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #689

Old 11-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #690
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Niice man! You should come to the race in barstow dec 7th
Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #691

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Niice man! You should come to the race in barstow dec 7th
I try to get out there as much as I can but my weekend work schedule is sporadic and trips are normally last minute. It all depends on what events there are to go sell kettle corn at haha. If I don't have to work though I will be out there for sure. I was just out off Hodge Road yesterday shootin shotguns
Old 11-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #692
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I try to get out there as much as I can but my weekend work schedule is sporadic and trips are normally last minute. It all depends on what events there are to go sell kettle corn at haha. If I don't have to work though I will be out there for sure. I was just out off Hodge Road yesterday shootin shotguns
How is Hodge? I've always wanted to run some trails down there.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #693

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
How is Hodge? I've always wanted to run some trails down there.
Hodge has a nice mix of trails. Right off the freeway there is a pretty fun section of race course that takes you through some gnarly treches with off camber whoops. Or if you take the main road straight back, it takes you through a small canyon and hits the power lines that run to Slash X. That is one of my favorite runs to do out there because it starts with big whoops then turns into more spaced out rollers. The trails are virtually endless and connect to all the other exits like Stoddard Wells Road and Outlet Center.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #694
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sales Manager's Superduty

That bumper say Creative Fabworks?
Old 11-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagget13 View Post
That bumper say Creative Fabworks?
Yeah I believe so. He just got them done last week.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #696
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah I believe so. He just got them done last week.
Hah I thought so. I just picked up a job there.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #697

Quote:
Hah I thought so. I just picked up a job there.
Nice dude. The bumpers are nice looking I am sure all of the other work is clean too.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #698

Quote:
Nice dude. The bumpers are nice looking I am sure all of the other work is clean too.
Yeah Bryin's stuff is pretty nice. He has a fully caged and back halfed chevy that hes building. 4 linked, bulk head and J arms. Gonna be tits if he has the time to get grinding on it haha. How's Carli treating you?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #699

Quote:
Yeah Bryin's stuff is pretty nice. He has a fully caged and back halfed chevy that hes building. 4 linked, bulk head and J arms. Gonna be tits if he has the time to get grinding on it haha. How's Carli treating you?
Its rad no complaints. Its definitely a plus when I am buying new stuff for the truck to get our shop pricing haha.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #700
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Do you get a discount on carli suspension?