02 Double Cab Build

Old 01-04-2014, 11:08 PM   #761
Rylee is on a distinguished road

Name: Rylee
Rylee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
Shells back.
THANK YOU now dont take it off ever again.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #762
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shells back.

this makes me want a double cab... damn it
Old 01-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #763
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
THANK YOU now dont take it off ever again.
Haha my friend and me were just saying yesterday we never want it off again haha. He's gonna check it out today and see if there is a fairly simple way to secure it a little better from the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
this makes me want a double cab... damn it
4 doors definitely have their benefits sometimes. Other times when I don't want to drive, I normally still end up having to because of the extra seats haha
Old 01-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #764
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha my friend and me were just saying yesterday we never want it off again haha. He's gonna check it out today and see if there is a fairly simple way to secure it a little better from the top.

4 doors definitely have their benefits sometimes. Other times when I don't want to drive, I normally still end up having to because of the extra seats haha
oh yeah without a doubt they do! i wish i could pile my friends in my truck and take snow trips and what not. mines to opposite, i usually never take my truck and always go with someone else.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:00 AM   #765
gman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gman2530's Tacoma Gallery
What a cool story! The many lives of your truck! You do good work too.....
Old 01-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #766
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Well you do need a cab cage, why not cage that fucker at the height of the shell all the way back, weld the shell to the cab, remove the rear window, add another bench, tie the shell to the cage, and boom, TACURBAN!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #767
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2530 View Post
What a cool story! The many lives of your truck! You do good work too.....
Thanks man its come a long way. Gotta give all the fab credit to my friend Eric though I just come up with the ideas and cash flow haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
Well you do need a cab cage, why not cage that fucker at the height of the shell all the way back, weld the shell to the cab, remove the rear window, add another bench, tie the shell to the cage, and boom, TACURBAN!
Hahaha I like where your heads at. I at least want to run the tubes back a couple feet and put my stock bucket seats in the bed for late night desert booze cruises haha. Similar to how Box Rocket mounted his facing backwards.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #768
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Similar to how Box Rocket mounted his facing backwards.
That could work as well, wire in some head sets and you are good to go.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #769

Also didn't mention yet I got my body mounts in the mail and they look like they are the right ones. Going to install them tonight I will let you guys know how it goes. Seems like a really quick/easy install.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #770

Got the body mounts on the truck. They make a huge difference in the stability of the cab over the washboard chop. I recommend them 100%. Here's the link to where I bought mine.

http://www.carid.com/2001-toyota-tac...-11093417.html
Old 01-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #771

Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #772
Kennyperez is on a distinguished road

Name: Kenny
Kennyperez's Tacoma Gallery
New fap material
Old 01-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #773
BYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enoughBYJOSHCOOK will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
BYJOSHCOOK's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit man! I thought this was a 2nd gen!! That is quite impressive, very nice rig man!!
Old 01-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYJOSHCOOK View Post
Holy shit man! I thought this was a 2nd gen!! That is quite impressive, very nice rig man!!
Thanks man I like it more and more everyday haha. Even used it to haul 2,000 lbs. the other day

Took the truck to Supercross today. Glad to say nobody stole the light bar. One of the best races I have watched in a while. Donated and got a Kurt Caselli sticker to put on the truck too.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #775
bruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant future

EMS: EMT/FireFighter
Name: Brian
bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
were actually gonna wait until he builds the cage to fully tube the engine compartment and ditch the core support. it will be soon though. this is still my daily driver so i don't want it to be down for too long. thinking about doing a front valence on it as well. fender wells are gone.

Hey man this is a REALLY sick build I love your rig! When you cut the fender/wheel wells did you have to re weld anything or can you cut most of that sheet metal out of there?
Old 01-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #776

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruth View Post
Hey man this is a REALLY sick build I love your rig! When you cut the fender/wheel wells did you have to re weld anything or can you cut most of that sheet metal out of there?
Thanks man. If you look closely you can see there are miscellaneous accessories that were relocated to mount off the engine cage. Those mounts were welded on but other than that there was no welding. The only thing was after a few trips out to the desert the core support started to seperate from the sheet metal that connects to the cab. Just have to be careful you don't take too much out.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #777
bruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant futurebruth has a brilliant future

EMS: EMT/FireFighter
Name: Brian
bruth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man. If you look closely you can see there are miscellaneous accessories that were relocated to mount off the engine cage. Those mounts were welded on but other than that there was no welding. The only thing was after a few trips out to the desert the core support started to seperate from the sheet metal that connects to the cab. Just have to be careful you don't take too much out.
Got ya ya I just wanna cut out most of it so I don't get any rubbing I just installed my total chaos kit! Thanks man your truck is my idol haha
Old 02-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #778
surfermatt is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
surfermatt's Tacoma Gallery
looks like a super fun ride man!

So hows the shell do in whoops and such?

also how easy was it to run the shocks outside the frame rails? is the tundra axle alone wide enough or do you also need those wider wheels?
Old 02-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #779

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfermatt View Post
looks like a super fun ride man!

So hows the shell do in whoops and such?

also how easy was it to run the shocks outside the frame rails? is the tundra axle alone wide enough or do you also need those wider wheels?
I still have not taken the shell through a whoop section but it has held up perfectly fine on mild offroading. I don't plan on mashing with it on until the truck gets caged and it gets supported up top. As for the rear axle it would probably slightly rub the shocks at full articulation with no spacers so I threw a 1" Spidertrax spacer on it to be safe. It doesn't touch at all the way it is currently set up.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #780
enigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud of
Air Force: Medic
Name: Nate
enigmadsm's Tacoma Gallery
does your truck fit in the back of that TH???