Current picture as of 6/15
Fiberwerx 1 Piece 2nd Gen Conversion Clip
Glassworks 6" Bedsides w/LED taillights
Front and Rear tube bumpers
3 LED Rear Light Box
180W LED Light Bar
240W LED Roof Bar
Snugtop Camper Shell
Front Suspension: Bumped/Strapped 16" travel
Custom 6.5 over kit built by Johnny Branch
2.5x10" King Dual Rate Coilovers
2.0x2.5" King Hydraulic Bump Stops
Upper arm gussets
Plated coil bucket and frame
Plated and tubed shock hoops with Engine Cage
Solid mounted Lower Arms/Heimed Upper Arms
Solid Motor Mounts
Solid/Boxed Transmission Mount
Rear Suspension: Bumped/Strapped 18.5" of travel
Giant 64" Link Killer Kit
King 2.5"x16" Triple Bypasses
All fabrication done by EJV Fab
Jensen 7" head unit
Alpine Type R door speakers
600 watt Alpine 4 channel amp
Alpine Type R 10" Sub
1500 wattt Alpine monochannel amp
Wheels and Tires:
MB Motorsports Machined Aluminum Rims 17"x9"
Toyo Open Country MT 35"x12.5"
Internal Roll Cage
Well been on this site for a while now never thought to do a build thread but here it goes. The truck has changed tremendously since I bought it, for better or worse depending on your style. Bought it back in April 2009 with 105k miles on the v6. Had a Fabtech lift kit with the coils cranked all the way, add a leaf in the rear, 17" Helo rims, 33x12.5 Durango Radial XTRs, Jensen Head Unit, and a blown stock sound system. Heres how she looked the day i got her.
First off, the blown speakers were a critical part to replace. Instead of replacing them with new stock components, i decided to go with alpine Type R door speakers, a 4 channel 600 watt amp for the speakers, a 10 inch Alpine Type R Sub with a 1000 watt amp to power it. Ended up spending just under $1000 and was very happy with the way it works, very loud and extremely clear and crisp sound. I personally wasnt a big fan of the Helo rims and Durango tires, so I posted them for trade and traded straight across for a set of 15" Pro Comp Streetlocks and 31x10.5 BFG All Terrains.
After throwing on the wheels and tires, i realized the 31s were not big enough. So, when they wore down after a few months, I bought a set of 33x10.5 All Terrains.
As i started to run my truck more and more in the dirt, I realized that I was becoming more concerned with how well my truck rode. The first thing i did was swap out the Fabtech's with some Icon Coilovers and I was extremely satisfied with the improvement. The truck sat about and inch and a half lower but the ride was improved 100x.
Next step was trying to get the rear up to speed. I picked up a set of Deaver j59s from a friend of mine. Even before swapping out shocks, I had already noticed another night and day difference in ride quality. At that point, another friend of mine was selling a set of 2.5x8" King Smooth Bodies with Remote Resi's for a price I could not turn down. I bought them and installed them with my Deavers.
I was extremely satisfied with the ride quality on and offroad. At that point, I began piecing different things together that I thought added to the looks as well as improving different aspects of the truck. A friend of mine had been building bumpers for a number of people so I decided to have him build me a rear bumper. I was extremely satisfied with the results...
At around the same time, I picked up a Defiant Light Bar and 2 ProComp 9" lights...
Ran it like this for quite a while and was extremely happy. Then, as I continued to run it harder and harder, I lost control in the dirt on my nearly bald BFG's and crashed. The damage was pretty bad but was limited to a dented hood, mangled bumper and light bar, broken grill, and dented core support...
After that incident, I realized it was definitely time for new tires. Luckily, General had just released the Grabber Red Labels a couple weeks before and I picked up a set for an incredible deal.
At this point, after taking my truck to the desert a number of times with it's current set up but not being able to keep up with all my friends rangers and such, I began saving for a new front end. While I was saving, I came across a set of brand new Glassworks Fenders for only $125 so I jumped at the deal and picked them up...
Also picked up a dust light in the meantime...
Decided to try a slightly different look that I had not seen before so i painted the rear fender flares white. I liked the way it turned out so they are staying that way for a while...
After months of driving with a busted core support and hood, I finally saved up enough coin to get it all fixed. And now, this is how she sits...in my garage ready to get a full makeover.
Picked up a long travel kit used on dezertrangers and some 2.5x10" Kings from a friend the real build begins.
Added a couple more gussets to the coilbucket and shock mounts. Still gotta do a little more plating and run the tubes to the frame and over the engine.
Bumper Started as well as resi’s mounted
Mounted my license plate and light on a hinge to reveal the tow hitch easily
Picked up some glassworks bedsides with the taillights section filled in ready for oval LEDs.
Plated the backside of the shock tower and put a removable hoop over the motor.
To be continued.....