Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My first vehicle, a build starting small.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
My first vehicle, a build starting small.

So far, I've done VERY little to my truck, but once i get the money, I plan on going WILD with mods and such.

First off, here is how I got it.

96 2wd Taco, 2.4L 4 Cylinder. Some old man had it and used it to drive his grandkids around.

180,000 miles.

Cost: $5000

It had a pretty decent radio in it.

First thing I did was take off the mudflaps. (Makes it look taller)

Then, I got the O2 sensors replaced.
Here it is on the lift in my uncle's shop.

Then, today, I added a toolbox that I got for free. It's not bolted in just yet, but It's secured with some straps.

Soon, I plan on fixing the window latch on the rear window, getting a new sound system, getting a 3 inch lift with new wheels and tires, new floor mats, getting a new bumper, removing those terrible vinyls on next to the windows... and many other things.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Reserved... I guess Hopefully I'll need to use this space one day!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
Rock and roll man. That's a lot prettier than my first Toyota truck. Welcome to TW.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #4

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Rock and roll man. That's a lot prettier than my first Toyota truck. Welcome to TW.
I appreciate it! I'm really happy! Not many people get something as nice and reliable as I did. I'm pretty thankful, considering I didn't have to pay for it.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyBusGaming View Post
I'm pretty thankful, considering I didn't have to pay for it.
Even better! Look forward to see what all you do to it.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
ttaM will become famous soon enoughttaM will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
ttaM's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man, I'm interested to see where it goes from here!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
any off road in the future?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #8

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner03 View Post
any off road in the future?
Probably not. It's only 2wd and I have to make sure I keep it running, since it's all I've got.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyBusGaming View Post
Probably not. It's only 2wd and I have to make sure I keep it running, since it's all I've got.
Get a locker and (relatively) no problems
Old 05-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #10

Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner03 View Post
Get a locker and (relatively) no problems
Even if I don't want to offroad, I might do that. The Diff in mine sucks monkey tits.