Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My 1996 BUILD!!( Meadow Mouse )

Old 03-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Taco or Die
Phearson is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
Phearson's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up My 1996 BUILD!!( Meadow Mouse )

This is how she sits now!

And how it was when i got it..

This Is my 1996 Yota Taco! This was my first truck i got as a Senior in High School. I bought it from a friend who went to the marines. I was always into trucks but didnt kno much about em or motors. I was looking at Rangers but Found the YOTA was for sale one day. Never thought id own it because of the milage. (256K as of now). Ive put alot of miles on and she runs like a champ But called up my buddy right as he got back from Basic Training. My dad signed the check and its now ours. My parents always told me i was buying my own but really they did that so id get a job..

5 speed 3.4L SR5.

My buddys to the bottom right.

I started out doing small things. First of all i had to get rid of the trash can underneath it and get a flowmaster

Threw in the turn down pipe to get rid of the nasty pipe out the back

Next was the wheels. I looked into painting the rims but never was a fan of painting. So for how cheap they are i bought some Steelies and 31in BFG's

I dont do any mudding but am always up playing in the snow. And they handle like a champ!!

^^
Thats me and my buddy up snow wheeling. Hes got a 82 1st gen. Solid Axle kids

Went with the Revtek 3in block lift. Thought about the AAL and springs but decided not to after i got such a great deal on this. Never took any pictures but me and my dad put it on in half a day. Hardst part was the IFS and springs....

Rides waaaayyyyy better and gave it that look i was going for. Instead of the AAL i just went with the blocks and Ranchos in the rear. Rides clean and have had no problems with them yet!

Coming home from A buddys house someone pulled out infront of me Totaling my baby
I dont have pictures of it now and may have some. It was either get rid of her and get a Highboy or keep it. I decided to keep it and am really happy i did. The bumper is new along with the grill and lights. Took 2 Months but it was nice to have Meadow Mouse back

More pictures to come but for now! Here she is
Old 06-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Smalldegree is on a distinguished road
Smalldegree's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good