Taco or Die
Phearson is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
Phearson's Tacoma Gallery
My 1996 Build( Meadow Mouse )

I know this isnt the right place for a build but thought id share it anyways

This is how she sits now!

And how it was when i got it..

This Is my 1996 Yota Taco! This was my first truck i got as a Senior in High School. I bought it from a friend who went to the marines. I was always into trucks but didnt kno much about em or motors. I was looking at Rangers but Found the YOTA was for sale one day. Never thought id own it because of the milage. (256K as of now). Ive put alot of miles on and she runs like a champ But called up my buddy right as he got back from Basic Training. My dad signed the check and its now ours. My parents always told me i was buying my own but really they did that so id get a job..

5 speed 3.4L SR5.

My buddys to the bottom right.

I started out doing small things. First of all i had to get rid of the trash can underneath it and get a flowmaster

Threw in the turn down pipe to get rid of the nasty pipe out the back

Next was the wheels. I looked into painting the rims but never was a fan of painting. So for how cheap they are i bought some Steelies and 31in BFG's

I dont do any mudding but am always up playing in the snow. And they handle like a champ!!

^^
Thats me and my buddy up snow wheeling. Hes got a 82 1st gen. Solid Axle kids

Went with the Revtek 3in block lift. Thought about the AAL and springs but decided not to after i got such a great deal on this. Never took any pictures but me and my dad put it on in half a day. Hardst part was the IFS and springs....

Rides waaaayyyyy better and gave it that look i was going for. Instead of the AAL i just went with the blocks and Ranchos in the rear. Rides clean and have had no problems with them yet!

Coming home from A buddys house someone pulled out infront of me Totaling my baby
I dont have pictures of it now and may have some. It was either get rid of her and get a Highboy or keep it. I decided to keep it and am really happy i did. The bumper is new along with the grill and lights. Took 2 Months but it was nice to have Meadow Mouse back

More pictures to come but for now! Here she is
Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Mall Crawler of the Year
TRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
TRDBen's Tacoma Gallery
Prepare for comments about the body lift any blocks...
Old 03-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
hey nice looking truck! you mentioned you were in a wreck, its good you were not hurt.
got mine last fall, and I love her, of course I have only had about 2 simi days this year of playing in the snow.. but I am planning on beach now.
just do all the maintenance, since it has gotten warm early I have almost changed everything now, and am starting rebuild kits on clutch/slave cylinder and I dont think those fluids were ever changed....
Old 03-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
Mall Crawler of the Year
TRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
TRDBen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
bodylift

spacer and blocks is what he said he put on
Thats what I meant, general consensus around here is spacer/blocks are bad.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! I love the look of 96s! The recessed headlights give it character!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck man. But I am curious to as how blocks and spacers make it ride better when that is literally impossible

If you ever plan on wheeling seriously get rid of the spacers and blocks...spacers on IFS can cause serious damage if wheeled on too hard (and it takes less abuse that you would think)
Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
Taco or Die

I don't wheel at all.... So that's out of the picture. It stiffened up the suspension making it less easy to bottom out. Riding better for me
Old 03-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
you dont wheel, so where are you bottoming out the suspension?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
Taco or Die

Intersections. Slamming over em
Old 03-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #10

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
gotcha. Your springs must be pretty worn then. fwiw...eventually the spacers will make the coils wear even more and your bottoming problem will come back.

Its always best to do a lift the right way the first time.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #11
Taco or Die

Like I said man. Got it really cheap from work and. As soon as I get the money my solid axle sitting in the garageis going in
Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #12

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phearson View Post
Like I said man. Got it really cheap from work and. As soon as I get the money my solid axle sitting in the garageis going in
ooooh...SAS...nevermind then
Old 03-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #13
dorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud ofdorkmagus has much to be proud of

Name: Shane
dorkmagus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't wheel at all
Quote:
As soon as I get the money my solid axle sitting in the garageis going in
Nice looking truck though.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #14

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Haha...I was thinking the same thing ^^^
Old 03-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #15
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
im confused