Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Slodgetto's Green Dragon 4x4 Conversion Build

Old 10-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #2242
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
lol Can't wait to go to the parking garage tomorrow.........

Old 10-16-2013, 01:41 AM   #2243
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
WIN!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:53 AM   #2244
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gonna be 6 levels of fun! and then back down....... hahahahaha oh gosh
Old 11-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #2246
Über Posre

lol wut? There's just a parking garage at school.... I'll even park there sometimes. No significance.....
Old 11-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #2247
Über Posre

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post7756045
Old 11-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #2248
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post

Old 11-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #2250
Über Posre

Old 11-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #2251
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Lies
Literally watched it drive away about 1 hr ago... It's gone.

but at least it was to a friend of mine, and a local sale, and i'm gonna help him link it with 1 tons this winter.........
Old 11-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #2252
Über Posre

so it's definitely not as bad as it could be. still.... i'm a bit depressed... lol
Old 11-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #2253
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so it's definitely not as bad as it could be. still.... i'm a bit depressed... lol
The friend part isn't so bad. The local part is though.

My buddy sold his 72 Scout II that was beautifully built just right. Local guy bought it. That was 15 years ago.

We still see it around town. Hurts every time.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #2255
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery

NOOOOO!!!

Taking the Tercel to Moab?
Old 11-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #2256
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
4. I discovered that right now, my creeper joints are very effective during compression, but not very effective during droop, which is greatly hurting flex.. I *think* it's because I need to either move my spring hangers more towards the center of the axle, or move my rear hangers more towards the outside of the frame, or a combination of both....

Sooo got some things to tweak on this thing. Will hopefully get it right soon... lol

Hey Silas,

Did you ever track down how to your joints to perform a little better on droop? I'm running into the same thing with my orbit eyes... they work on compression, but not as much on extension. I'm considering moving my shackle hangers outward on my truck, but don't know if that will improve much... (my orbit eyes seem to press on the outside shackle plate) I'll try to take a couple pics of my joints to show you what I'm talking about and post them on my build, just in case.

Thanks man!

EDIT: YOU SOLD IT!?!?
Old 11-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #2257
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
The friend part isn't so bad. The local part is though.

My buddy sold his 72 Scout II that was beautifully built just right. Local guy bought it. That was 15 years ago.

We still see it around town. Hurts every time.
Dang... That's a good point. Although, the new owner said he'll sell it back to me in the future when he builds his buggy. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
He finally did it....

silas you finally sold the green dragon it is a truly sad day for us all.

are you still gonna come to moab?
I'd like to, man!! Not 100% though, it depends on some things...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post

NOOOOO!!!

Taking the Tercel to Moab?
We'll see. Definitely not running Helldorado with it, though. haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Hey Silas,

Did you ever track down how to your joints to perform a little better on droop? I'm running into the same thing with my orbit eyes... they work on compression, but not as much on extension. I'm considering moving my shackle hangers outward on my truck, but don't know if that will improve much... (my orbit eyes seem to press on the outside shackle plate) I'll try to take a couple pics of my joints to show you what I'm talking about and post them on my build, just in case.

Thanks man!

EDIT: YOU SOLD IT!?!?
Yeah, I moved the center pin holes on the leaf spring perches towards the center of the axle just slightly... While this is not the greatest solution since it affects spring rate and will wear down the leaf pack faster (since they're being twisted slightly), it seemed to help a lot with the geometry of the suspension during articulation. Especially since it seems you're getting more pressure against your outside shackle plates, moving the shackle hangers outward is a good idea. You at least want equal pressure, if not more pressure against the inside plate. Does that make sense?

Also, I think they needed time to break in a little as well... but they work great, now.

(Sorry for the crappy instagram edits.... lol)

Yeah..... lol it's been up for sale for a while now.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #2258
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, that makes sense. I was thinking about moving my rear mounts outward slightly to equalize the pressure. At the same time, I wasn't sure if that would take my springs out of parallel or not. Looks like I have some measuring to do.

If you get time, I posted up a couple example pics on my build thread. I think I need to break my joints in more, but could always use another set of eyes.

Thanks for the reply, and I hope you fall under the yota wheeling temptation again soon...
Old 11-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #2259
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dang... That's a good point. Although, the new owner said he'll sell it back to me in the future when he builds his buggy. lol

I'd like to, man!! Not 100% though, it depends on some things...

We'll see. Definitely not running Helldorado with it, though. haha

Yeah, I moved the center pin holes on the leaf spring perches towards the center of the axle just slightly... While this is not the greatest solution since it affects spring rate and will wear down the leaf pack faster (since they're being twisted slightly), it seemed to help a lot with the geometry of the suspension during articulation. Especially since it seems you're getting more pressure against your outside shackle plates, moving the shackle hangers outward is a good idea. You at least want equal pressure, if not more pressure against the inside plate. Does that make sense?

Also, I think they needed time to break in a little as well... but they work great, now.

(Sorry for the crappy instagram edits.... lol)

Yeah..... lol it's been up for sale for a while now.
You know almost every pic that I've ever seen is that your drivers side tire is always dropped.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #2260
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
unsubbed. this. is. bullshit.